TrueMove H unlimited prepaid data plans - 70% packet loss

SymS

I've been using prepaid TrueMove H (unlimited) data plans when I travel to places where I can't get WiFi.
I usually take a ~300B plan for 7 days. The first day is usually work pretty well, but virtually without fail I start to get troubles connecting to websites.
The speed is still as expected using SpeedTest program/website, but the reason for the connection issue is massive packet loss often around 70%.

truemove-70-percent-packet-loss.png.99e5312b345328e56cad36178560990e.png

The screenshot above is just me pinging google.com. It's about the same with google.co.th.
Is that common? Are there better/more reliable option than TrueMove H prepaid data plans?

Note that I'm using it several hours a day connected to my computer, and I consume around 6.4 GB of data in two days if that matters...

I've found Speedtest to be completely wrong the last year or two, I had an AIS 1mbps data plan and it showed it as much as 40mbps, i tested using another method and it was 1mbps.

Don't know about True but AIS is consistently good where I live

I don't have any issue with packet loss this morning using the same command as yesterday.truemove-ping-morning.png.ccbae65a85b7f23dc9920738086c6eb2.png

It looks like it may be a base station capacity issue, and it can't cope with the surge of traffic in the evening. I'll monitor the situation, and maybe adjust my working hours...

2 hours ago, SymS said:

I don't have any issue with packet loss this morning using the same command as yesterday.truemove-ping-morning.png.ccbae65a85b7f23dc9920738086c6eb2.png

It looks like it may be a base station capacity issue, and it can't cope with the surge of traffic in the evening. I'll monitor the situation, and maybe adjust my working hours...

Currently AIS are offering 100 GB of "Max speed'' data, over a month, for 150 baht.

All networks have SIM packs that supply unlimited data capped at 10 Mbps for twelve months. Prices range from 1400 baht to 2200 baht. DTAC: 1400 baht, Truemove H; 1900 baht, AIS; 2200 baht.

Monthly option from all; 300 baht. 

300 baht for seven days is relatively poor value.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:08 PM, Bruno123 said:

All networks have SIM packs that supply unlimited data capped at 10 Mbps for twelve months. Prices range from 1400 baht to 2200 baht. DTAC: 1400 baht, Truemove H; 1900 baht, AIS; 2200 baht.

Monthly option from all; 300 baht.

Thanks for that. I finally purchased DTAC SIM card for around 1400 baht online. We spent a few hours failing self-registration, before my girlfriend decided to drive to the shop.  DTAC works just as well as TrueMove meaning it depends on the time of the day. Fine in the morning and most of the day, and massive packet losses in the evening. I think it's probably a local infrastructure issue. Anyway, I'm glad I got a cheaper alternative, that will also help when ToT fiber goes down when I'm at home (about once a month).

25 minutes ago, SymS said:

Thanks for that. I finally purchased DTAC SIM card for around 1400 baht online. We spent a few hours failing self-registration, before my girlfriend decided to drive to the shop.  DTAC works just as well as TrueMove meaning it depends on the time of the day. Fine in the morning and most of the day, and massive packet losses in the evening. I think it's probably a local infrastructure issue. Anyway, I'm glad I got a cheaper alternative, that will also help when ToT fiber goes down when I'm at home (about once a month).

It's always a good idea to test the network with a normal SIM and day package before committing to a longer term pack.

I settled on AIS for my particular location.

Though hard to complain at less than 120 baht per month for unlimited data usage at a decent speed.