Who to reach out to for ecommerce consultation?

Genix

Hello,

We are entering the Thai ecommerce market and are looking for a 1-2h consultation (& on-going) to answer questions like

Do Thais buy heavily from FB Ads? 

Would selling directly on our site work?
Does customer pay shipping or we do (& affect on conversion rates)?

What if we skip Shopee/Lazada?

Do Thais opt-in for subscription based services?
and many more of those types of questions.

Who can I reach out to who has actual experience (& data of their own) who can help answer these questions?

I don't mind paying a premium as long as it's an experienced ecommerce person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Do Thais buy heavily from FB Ads? - yes, but need define a correct audience (up to 1 month to research)
  • Would selling directly on our site work? - yes but you need Google 1st page visibility (over 6 months to establish)
  • Does customer pay shipping or we do - free shipping is the rule of thumb
  • What if we skip Shopee/Lazada? - those marketplace are difficult to start selling, same like a google (over 6 months to establish decent presence in search results). So yes, feel free to skip
  • Do Thais opt-in for subscription based services? - more likely no than yes
Edited by anyone
colors
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:25 PM, anyone said:
  • Do Thais buy heavily from FB Ads? - yes, but need define a correct audience (up to 1 month to research)
  • Would selling directly on our site work? - yes but you need Google 1st page visibility (over 6 months to establish)
  • Does customer pay shipping or we do - free shipping is the rule of thumb
  • What if we skip Shopee/Lazada? - those marketplace are difficult to start selling, same like a google (over 6 months to establish decent presence in search results). So yes, feel free to skip
  • Do Thais opt-in for subscription based services? - more likely no than yes

Thanks for the answer however with all due respect the information about 1 month to research for the FB Ad audience is far from the truth.

Selling directly on site via FB ads is rather quick than 6 months, and SEO depending on keyword can take yes, 2-6+ months. more competitive keywords = longer and more $$ required.

Only reason I correct the above is because people stumble upon these threads after searching on Google for their own knowledge.

3 hours ago, Genix said:

Thanks for the answer however with all due respect the information about 1 month to research for the FB Ad audience is far from the truth.

Selling directly on site via FB ads is rather quick than 6 months, and SEO depending on keyword can take yes, 2-6+ months. more competitive keywords = longer and more $$ required.

Only reason I correct the above is because people stumble upon these threads after searching on Google for their own knowledge.

Sorry, my knowledge is just 10+ years of ecommerce (seems your is bigger).

2 hours ago, anyone said:

Sorry, my knowledge is just 10+ years of ecommerce (seems your is bigger).

We run an ecom agency fulltime

Amazing Creative + Broad Targeting

FB gives you the targeting right away, even if smaller audiences you select multiple audiences individually and test which are good. Not sure what research would do 1 month to pick whether to do "back pain" "pain reliever" or "old age" - you test all 3, scale winners remove losers.

We are probably talking abotu two seperate thing.

• Like 1

Been in Ecom since 1999. Yes, thais buy alot online. Yes they hang on FB with highest per capita junkie in the world. With COVID around the only solution is to turn to online retail, so rush on.

FYI: I can sell nicely sound domain name ) ????