Covid Jabs in Buriram

khaepmu

I can't really help but we live in Mahasarakham and my wife works in part of the Ministry of Labour. They are waiting to hear as well as far as I know. I'll try to remember to ask when I speak to her today from the UK. I do seem to remember her saying something about sometime in June but it all seems so vague. 

Of course things may be different in Buriram. You've got an ASQ hotel which I think is the only one in Isaan so you may be similarly favoured with the vaccine.

I am in Buriram and have(had?) an appointment for May 13 at the local hospital. The news my wife got today is that, since there  are no vaccines, all on-line appointment are (would be) cancelled and that they will (would) proceed, next month, village by village. There is also a rumour that they'd give priority to villages where clusters would be found. The latter, in a context of vaccine scarcity, makes so much sense that I am pretty sure it won't happen, T.I.T so cronyism and corruption will prevail. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bagwain said:

Wonder if that moron running the show up there will let people pass through the province that don't want to be a lab rat?

No problem in driving thru Buriram province on the 24 highway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last week a walk in vaccination centre was up and running at the stadium. Anyone could got a vaccine there without online registration including foreigners. I'm not sure if it's still open. Most people in my village supposed to get the jab at the local hospital in early June.

Edited by Bigz
Correction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigz said:

Last week a walk in vaccination centre was up and running at the stadium. Anyone could got a vaccine there without online registration including foreigners. I'm not sure if it's still open. Most people in my village supposed to get the jab at the local hospital in early June.

I don't want the jab, and I have had quite a few in my time. However we were obliged in our village to register and are now waiting, we had a couple of PCR positives n(not cases) nearby so I expect that's why.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigz said:

I'm scheduled to get jabbed on June 7 in Buriram, my employer has organised it on my behalf but it sounds like many locals too but TIT so who knows when

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cooked said:

I don't want the jab, and I have had quite a few in my time. However we were obliged in our village to register and are now waiting, we had a couple of PCR positives n(not cases) nearby so I expect that's why.  

Not so keen on Sinovac either so didn't rush to the walk in vaccination centre. My wife registered me already, apparently we are getting it on the 7th of June at the local hospital. I hope that Sinovac gets approved in the EU shortly so I can visit home without quarantine otherwise it's a waste of time.

Got my first jab 2 weeks ago up at the circuit. Just turned up, walked in and registered. I believe it has changed since and you have to register in advance now.  2nd jab due next week.

• Like 2

I saw a post on social media yesterday. An expat living in Buriram got his first jab at the stadium/circuit. Just turned up, registered and got the jab. He said that whole process was very efficient.

Edited by puchooay
  • Like 2

Five minutes ago this Thursday morning a Dutch expat received his 2nd injection of Sinovac at the Chang International Circuit Racetrack. I believe it is important for those expats or Thai people who wish to register for their first  Covid 19 vaccination in Buriram to  register with their local village (or community) health department volunteers. The "Ao Sor Mor".

• Like 1