90 Day When Out of Country

Apologies if this has been answered before (as I'm sure every question has been multiple times), but if you have a non-immigrant B visa and you're traveled out of the country,

1. Does going through customs at the airport count as a "reporting"?

2.  If you're out of the country for more than 90 days, do you still need to report?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, fishtank said:

The requirement is to report 90 days in country

90 day reporting.  OH yes!!!!!!.. just a  sleeping that many people worry about it. I have a friend who mailed it and never got back the confirmation.

you can use the mailing method for the 90 days reporting.  and you have the receipt from the post office.. it should be enough that you did it in good faith.

I do not know  the penalty of not doing the 90 days .My guess that it is a fine when you renew the visa. right? .. best use a visa renew company for your visa

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, the green light said:

90 day reporting.  OH yes!!!!!!.. just a  sleeping that many people worry about it. I have a friend who mailed it and never got back the confirmation.

you can use the mailing method for the 90 days reporting.  and you have the receipt from the post office.. it should be enough that you did it in good faith.

I do not know  the penalty of not doing the 90 days .My guess that it is a fine when you renew the visa. right? .. best use a visa renew company for your visa

If you fail to do a 90-Day Report when it is due (or up to 7 grace days late if done in person) and you subsequently visit the immigration office you will most likely be fined 2,000 baht and a notation will be made in your passport that you were late filing a 90-Day Report, and you will need to file a 90-Day Report which most likely you can do at the same desk at which you were fined.  There are no further consequences.  It is in no sense comparable to overstaying your permission to stay; it is a minor offence that is rectified by paying a fine and filing a 90-Day Report at the same time.  You certainly wouldn't need to use a visa agent because of this.

My advice, put the date of your next appointment for the 90-Day Report (can be found on the receipt they give you) into your electronic calendar minus 15 days.  When your calendar notifies you that your 90-Day Report is due do it online (easiest way) or know that you have 14 days to do it in person before the due date and up to seven grace days after the report is due to file in a timely manner.

• Like 2

I am living in Bangkok and use CW. I just went MTT to pick up my receipt of 90 day that I had mail 45 days before with no replay of any kind. My yearly extend of stay was due on 16 June, and I call IO and all they could tell me no TM 47 90 report no extend. Could not talk to anyone MTT, IO said go get the receipt.  I did that and then over to CW to due two things move vista stamps to new passport. and then due due the yearly extend using new passport. Question being that 90 was done using the old passport number can I due my next 90 report using the new passport on line, if not will mailing it be the same as doing it in person as all the same paper work will be mailed? I do not what go there again in July as I am 78 and my wife is also 78. It is hard on us just too walk.

14 minutes ago, Dickp said:

I am living in Bangkok and use CW. I just went MTT to pick up my receipt of 90 day that I had mail 45 days before with no replay of any kind. My yearly extend of stay was due on 16 June, and I call IO and all they could tell me no TM 47 90 report no extend. Could not talk to anyone MTT, IO said go get the receipt.  I did that and then over to CW to due two things move vista stamps to new passport. and then due due the yearly extend using new passport. Question being that 90 was done using the old passport number can I due my next 90 report using the new passport on line, if not will mailing it be the same as doing it in person as all the same paper work will be mailed? I do not what go there again in July as I am 78 and my wife is also 78. It is hard on us just too walk.

You can try to do it online 15 days before it's due.  If that doesn't result in pending status immediately (in other words, you don't have any problems filing it online), then I would mail the 90-Day Report in.

Realize that worst case if you don't file a 90-Day Report you will be fined 2,000 baht and notation that you were late in filing the 90-Day Report will be made in your passport.  There are no further consequences.  If it's time to apply for a new yearly extension of stay and you're not up-to-date on your 90 Day Report, you may be fined, but you should be able on the same trip to file a 90-Day Report and to apply for your extension.