Chonburi readies some 40 vaccination centers

Jonathan Fairfield

a13585927a85338efd444182906ea68d_small.jpeg

CHONBURI (NNT) - Chonburi Province is preparing to open some 40 vaccination centers, in the hope of achieving herd immunity and restarting tourism businesses.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul, accompanied by Deputy Minister of Public Health Satit Pitutacha, has inspected a vaccination center at the Thailand National Sports University’s Chonburi Campus.

The vaccination center is located at a field hospital inside the campus, and will join some 40 vaccination centers, both in and outside of hospitals, to provide COVID-19 jabs to Chonburi residents in the vaccination drive.

Chonburi’s largest vaccination center at Pattaya’s indoor stadium can vaccinate up to 5,000 people a day at full capacity, while the second largest venue at Muang Ban Suan Municipality’s community hall can give as many as 3,000 jabs a day.

Chonburi province is hoping to vaccinate as many people as possible in order to achieve herd immunity, which is crucial to the restart of local tourism businesses. The eastern seaside province has so far administered 110,528 doses of COVID-19 vaccines to local people.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Chonburi’s largest vaccination center at Pattaya’s indoor stadium can vaccinate up to 5,000 people a day at full capacity

Though on the first day of vaccination, they had a problem with 500 people, and since I haven't read anything anymore, so not sure if it's still operating

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Susco said:

Though on the first day of vaccination, they had a problem with 500 people, and since I haven't read anything anymore, so not sure if it's still operating

I did see on a local restaurants facebook page (Tropical) that staff went on first day and it was chaos with them being told to come back following morning - next day everything went smoothly and all staff were vacinated. 

3 minutes ago, Orac said:

I did see on a local restaurants facebook page (Tropical) that staff went on first day and it was chaos with them being told to come back following morning - next day everything went smoothly and all staff were vacinated. 

Do you know if they were giving the Sinovac only or was AstraZeneca in the mix?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, seesip said:

Do you know if they were giving the Sinovac only or was AstraZeneca in the mix?

sorry - no idea on that and not mentioned on any of his posts.

2 hours ago, Orac said:

sorry - no idea on that and not mentioned on any of his posts.

I read an article in a fairly reputable Asian newspaper (not Thai) this morning stating that Sinovac is not effective until two weeks after the second jab, I wonder if this is being explained to those receiving it, if it is true.

• Like 1

And yet not a word about free donuts....Dang-it I can't take the stress anymore of not knowing....For crying out loud are they giving out free donuts with a vax or not?......For me no donuts no vax it's as simple as that....

Edited by redwood1

As far as I can see, foreigners can begin registering for a vaccine in a week's time. In this morning's English language newspaper the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is quoted as saying that:

"Spouses of Thai citizens, retirees, investors and all other foreign nationals are advised to contact the hospital with their health record or make an on-site registration at designated vaccination venues".

Is there a definitive list of the 40 vaccination venues? I am keen to know of those in Pattaya in particular, as will many others.