Looking for a divorce lawyer

soidog2

My Thai BIL badly needs a good divorce lawyer. His soon to be ex (Thai) wife is unjustly trying to get him for all that he has.

Any good recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

He lives in Surin, but travel is an option.

Thank You

• Like 1

If they are separated for 2 years I believe he/she can file for divorce and  the split is 50/50 of everything acquired during the marriage  things owned before the marriage are (supposed)  to be owned by the respective person who owned them before the marriage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soidog2 said:

My Thai BIL badly needs a good divorce lawyer. His soon to be ex (Thai) wife is unjustly trying to get him for all that he has

You mean in Thailand..?    The rules here are so clean cut that not many divorce lawyers make much of a living. What he had when he married her is his--SIN SUAN TUA (1)- what they brought after they married  belongs to them both--SIN SOMROS- (2)-**

(1) Fruits of the Sin Suan Tua -property owned by him but earning -the money may be   shared.

(2) In case of doubt as to whether a property is Sin Somros or not, it shall be presumed to be Sin Somros

** However, houses and vehicles are the usual investments of couples during their marriage, and these cannot be physically split in half without altering or losing the use and value of the property. A compromise on who among the parties will enjoy the property has to be met in order for them to arrive at a divorce agreement. They may also opt to sell all the marital property and share the proceeds of the sale.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

You mean in Thailand..?    The rules here are so clean cut that not many divorce lawyers make much of a living. What he had when he married her is his--SIN SUAN TUA (1)- what they brought after they married  belongs to them both--SIN SOMROS- (2)-**

(1) Fruits of the Sin Suan Tua -property owned by him but earning -the money may be   shared.

(2) In case of doubt as to whether a property is Sin Somros or not, it shall be presumed to be Sin Somros

** However, houses and vehicles are the usual investments of couples during their marriage, and these cannot be physically split in half without altering or losing the use and value of the property. A compromise on who among the parties will enjoy the property has to be met in order for them to arrive at a divorce agreement. They may also opt to sell all the marital property and share the proceeds of the sale.

Thank you, yes in Thailand, basically she is asking for a large sum of money to agree to the divorce, irrespective of above.

So the idea is to enlighten her as to what is legal and permissible.

My BIL is kind of non-confrontational, she is taking full advantage.

1 hour ago, soidog2 said:

Thank you, yes in Thailand, basically she is asking for a large sum of money to agree to the divorce, irrespective of above.

So the idea is to enlighten her as to what is legal and permissible.

My BIL is kind of non-confrontational, she is taking full advantage.

He should start with telling her: You don't get anything.

Then she can argue why she want's more. ???? 

• 2 weeks later...

I used these guys in BKK: https://www.siam-legal.com/contactus.php

perfect English, local helpers etc, all the process was about $1k couple of years ago

my ex-wife didn't ask for anything, but daaamn... old ladies at the government offices where we had to show to do it tried to force her to change her mind a few times. If I had no divorce contract prepared with MY lawyers  I am not sure the outcome anyway ???? 

Some posts of a commercial nature have been removed:

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or Social Media addresses in posts or signatures.

Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites/blogs, or Social Media accounts, may be posted in a member's profile page only.