Education minister orders schools to return money, provide discounts and allow parents to pay in instalments

webfact

On 6/1/2021 at 2:23 PM, khunpa said:

A fair decision. 

Personally, I am considering taking my sin out of school and homeschooling him for the next couple of years.

Paying over 200.000 THB per year for him learning online for a few minutes every day has been a complete waste of money.

yes same here an hour in front of a pc screen.. parents doing the work of the teacher..Pay the same  fleecing by the schools 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 12:40 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder if this will be carried forwards to International Schools, which theoretically fall under the umbrella of the Ministry of Education. 

Last year 50,000 Baht was discounted from the following school year’s T1 fees (18%) - This year, so far, no such discount has been offered.

I can’t see any schools offering a full refund of the term - thats just too costly or the school. 

So, I see schools offering anywhere from 10-20% just to comply with the order. 

You were very lucky with your refund 

On 6/1/2021 at 12:40 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder if this will be carried forwards to International Schools, which theoretically fall under the umbrella of the Ministry of Education. 

Last year 50,000 Baht was discounted from the following school year’s T1 fees (18%) - This year, so far, no such discount has been offered.

I can’t see any schools offering a full refund of the term - thats just too costly or the school. 

So, I see schools offering anywhere from 10-20% just to comply with the order. 

In Chiang Mai one Cambridge School gave a return of 5% last year and offering 7% on this year's on line learning. However they still increased fees last year and this year's planned increase which is very substantial is currently under investigation by the Ministry of Education. To add to this they have also dropped Cambridge at Primary level.