I have been teaching at private school and my wages are paid in cash every month. I am thinking for changing my visa to marriage visa and on the net it said that I need minimum 3 months of a tax record. I have asked in the school about this and was told that none of the teachers are paying tax and school is tax exempt. Anybody come across this before and is this right? Seems really strange, I thought everybody has to pay tax. I have asked the school secretary, director, and wages office and everybody insists that this is true. Any comment please?

Request the form I mentioned earlier. It shows your earnings and tax deductions for the year. Beyond that, I'll have to make way for the legal eagles on this forum because I can't answer your enquiry. This situation sounds not right to me.

I take it you do not receive pay slips either.

You can go to the local tax office and sign up.

They will give you a tax id.

The tax forms I have seen are done on a yearly basis, (January)

so I am not sure how you will proceed without payslips or other proof of payment.

This link will allow you to caculate how much tax you will have to pay.

The amount will drop once you get married as you will get an additional allowance for your wife. :D

IMHO there is no such thing as a tax free job............

If you stir too much you may end up embarrassing the school and loose your job. :o