Chonburi releases additional beaches order

webfact

pat.jpg

PHOTO: Pattaya Law Enforcement

By Goong Nang(GN)

Chonburi – The Chonburi Public Relations Office today (June 1st) has released an additional order around beaches changing the prior order around a prohibition of vendors. The prior total prohibition on beach vendors has been changed. The new text is below:

1. Activities that cause nuisances or disturbances or are contrary to the law are prohibited, like parties.

2. Activities that constitute a risky group or gathering that could spread Covid-19 are prohibited.

3. Drinking liquor or all kinds of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.

4. For the sale of goods, food, beverages or any service in the area can continue by strictly adhering to the disease control measures prescribed by the Ministry of Public Health.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/01/chonburi-releases-additional-beaches-order/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hippos said:

Alright. Kids to the beach today.????

I got an impression things remain pretty much the same bar the hawkers being allowed. Although do we now have a clear situation allowing exercising?

• Like 1

As always its not really clear. I would think same household keeping some distance should be ok? Masks as usual.

2. Activities that constitute a risky group or gathering that could spread Covid-19 are prohibited.

I'm sure that if I went for a walk along Pattaya beach right now, my risk of being whistled back by police would be high. The other day I was sitting bare-chested on the curb on beach road  facing the setting sun. A police car stopped on beach road behind me and broadcasted something in Thai I only knew was directed at me after a Thai man kindly waved me back onto the pavement and explained I was welcome to sit on the curb facing traffic on beach road but not facing the beach. Thank you very much, I was interested in a vitamin D, not a carbon monoxide boost.

Because police keep implementing their own rules, nobody knows what is allowed or not with Pattaya beach so it stays deserted most of the time.

To be fair from what I've read about "democracies", Thailand is not the only place where police have been on a power trip on the back of this pandemics.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

I'm sure that if I went for a walk along Pattaya beach right now, my risk of being whistled back by police would be high. The other day I was sitting bare-chested on the curb on beach road  facing the setting sun. A police car stopped on beach road behind me and broadcasted something in Thai I only knew was directed at me after a Thai man kindly waved me back onto the pavement and explained I was welcome to sit on the curb facing traffic on beach road but not facing the beach. Thank you very much, I was interested in a vitamin D, not a carbon monoxide boost.

Because police keep implementing their own rules, nobody knows what is allowed or not with Pattaya beach so it stays deserted most of the time.

To be fair from what I've read about "democracies", Thailand is not the only place where police have been on a power trip on the back of this pandemics.

Maybe thought you could better collect vitamin D on your back rather than front. Your health is of utmost importance!(Kidding!) Police don't do diddly squat here in Jomtien

3 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

If Vietnam achieves "herd immunity" - via vaccinations - before Pattaya. Then coastal Vietnam towns could becomes the "New Sin Cities".

Hasn't Vietnam just gone back into lockdown?

Yes with these great rules from Chonburi, it makes me feel like going anywhere but Thailand for my next

vacation.  I may actually take my first trip to Vietnam, this coming November. I can always hop over to Thailand

for a month without a needed visa, and go back to Vietnam once or twice during my stay there. Just to see

my Thai relatives and brave friends who managed to get to Thailand for their Winter break. Have to start my planning, so I am glad

that I also have Vietnamese relatives who can give me some guidance for my stay in their home country.

Geezer

On 6/2/2021 at 8:10 AM, Hippos said:

Alright. Kids to the beach today.????

It could be a plan.  Being trapped here in Bangkok is getting claustrophobic.  It will be good if a beach trip can be back on.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It could be a plan.  Being trapped here in Bangkok is getting claustrophobic.  It will be good if a beach trip can be back on.

Oh great, one reason why the beaches should stay closed!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 2:28 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Oh great, one reason why the beaches should stay closed!

Bangkok folk should stay in Bangkok and not pollute our beautiful city....????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

Bangkok folk should stay in Bangkok and not pollute our beautiful city....????

Sorry, but it's the perfect weekend place for us to get out of the city and get some sea air.  Always has been and always will be.   But it ain't due to its "beauty"! 

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

You can come to the beach in Pattaya and enjoy your stay now

the beach vendors with chairs and umbrellas are back since 2 days

and there is no anymore the police hunting everyone wanting to go on the beach

it was a holiday yesterday (Queen birthday) and they were few domestic tourists

in Pattaya