can the wife give me crypto?

There is nothing to stop anyone from transferring crypto to whoever they want.  As with anything though, do a small test transfer the first time you are transacting between any new account/wallet.  Then send the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

Can my wife transfer her crpyto coins from Coins.co.th into my account at TradeOgre?

At a later point, could I then transfer crypto back to her?

Check the fees on both Coin.co.th and TradeOgre for moving money out.

I know there is such a page on TradeOgre, the fee for Ether in particular can be very high.

When you transfer into TradeOgre, there is a delay period, probably around 30 minutes, between when receipt of the transfer is first acknowledged and when it is fully-confirmed and you can start trading with it.

I presume you are getting into Pirate Chain ARRR, good luck!

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried having my Thai wife send 0.0001 percent of a BTC (from Coins.co.th) to what i assume is my TradeOgre BTC address  (something that sorta looks like:  
"jjgkasjgkah234skljl324jek2ajklj").

But my wife's account said she couldn't send it. Said something like "external...not allowed." 

There was an option to put an email address.  So I had her put in my email.  Then she sent it.  The money deducted from her account.  But hours later I still got nothing in my
email inbox. 

The thing's disappeared. There's a 0.0001% of a bitcoin floating around in the cloud in case one of yall wants to mine it.

• Haha 1

Yeah, um... before you actually try to send anything anywhere, you actually need to confirm what your target BTC address is.   The first thing you do when you 'confirm' it is that you make sure it is indeed a deposit BTC (and not bitcoin cash, litecoin, or some other coin) address for your wallet or account.   

For practice, you might even want to create a separate free bitcoin wallet at say blockchain.com (feel free to research what that is first.... never just believe what someone recommends to you) to send funds to/from.   The interface is simple and 'dumbed down' (no offence at all) for the general public.

• Thanks 1

Okay. I set up a blockchain.com wallet (without ever doing any real identity verification to facilitate the purchase of crypto). And my wife, using her Coins.co.th account, was successfully able to send me a tiny fraction of BTC to my blockchain.com address.

I now wish to have the wife send me a somewhat larger portion of BTC to my blockchain.com address. Then I wish to send that portion of BTC from my blockchain.com wallet to my wallet on TradeOgre, and then purchase Monero and PirateChain, maybe a bit of Ether, too. 

This should be doable, correct?

If, say a year from now, my TradeOgre assets have seen a meteoric rise , could I then trade them for BTC and send it back to my wife's BTC account on Coins.co.th, from where she could cash out?

Edited by BananaBandit
verbosity

but is it allowed per Thai laws? I've read in some thread here that you can sell only cryptocurrency that was bought in Thailand, else it counts as a money laundering.

bringing crypto from blockchain.com is importing from abroad, not trading the local one.

20 hours ago, fdsa said:

but is it allowed per Thai laws? I've read in some thread here that you can sell only cryptocurrency that was bought in Thailand, else it counts as a money laundering.

bringing crypto from blockchain.com is importing from abroad, not trading the local one.

Might you have a link to that thread?

I appreciate your willingness to offer a warning. But I'm inclined to think that "money laundering" would suggest activities rather more nefarious than cryptocurrency investment.

Undoubtedly, many criminals will use crypto to launder money.  But their money comes from criminal undertakings.  Mine does not. 

The main Thai-based crypto platform is Coins.co.th.   And that sells only Bitcoin.

How else could a Thai person even invest in something like Monero, Ethereum, etc.?

Edited by BananaBandit

52 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

How else could a Thai person even invest in something like Monero, Ethereum, etc.?

Binance is what most people seem to use, I think they banned Americans from using it though.

14 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

Might you have a link to that thread?

I appreciate your willingness to offer a warning. But I'm inclined to think that "money laundering" would suggest activities rather more nefarious than cryptocurrency investment.

Undoubtedly, many criminals will use crypto to launder money.  But their money comes from criminal undertakings.  Mine does not. 

The main Thai-based crypto platform is Coins.co.th.   And that sells only Bitcoin.

I think it was this:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1121189-bxinth-alternative/?do=findComment&comment=14550972

No foreign currency exchange

The customer must agree never to exchange assets purchased from the Website for any foreign currency other than Thai Baht.  The customer must also guarantee that any digital asset the customer sells at the Website have never been involved in exchange with any foreign currency other than Thai Baht.

For national currency deposits the company will accept only Thai Baht; all deposits must involve only Thai Baht and no other foreign currencies. All Thai Baht deposits must originate within Thailand. Any deposits sent in other foreign currencies, or originating from outside Thailand, will be rejected and forfeited.

Edited by fdsa
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...