Thai National?

Goldpanner

My wife is Thai. She also has British Nationality, via Naturalisation and holds a UK Passport. 

Her father in Thailand now has not long to live and she wishes to go and see him.

It would seem there are different quarantine regulations for Thai nationals and Foreign nationals.

We have a difference of opinion as to her nationality with respect to the Quarantine laws.

I state that if she enters Thailand on a British Passport she will be classed as a Foreign nation yet she claims her friends have told her

she is still a Thai National

What do people here think? Ive just suggested she call the Thai Embassy and ask them..

same law, 14 days.

For thai is free, unless they chose alternate for about 1k/day. No tests before boarding.

For foreigners it's minimum 2k/day. Special permit, visa.

If she doesn't have valid thai passport or ID she can make a new one. 

Edited by internationalism

In Thailand, it doesn’t matter what passport your Wife entered on, she is still Thai, holds a Thai Birth certificate, holds Thai ID and a Thai Passport. 

IF your Wife enters Thailand on a British Passport, she could theoretically overstay.

The quarantine requirements are slightly different for a Thai and a Foreigner. 

Thai’s receive free state quarantine and do not have the luxury of choosing their quarantine hotel or location. 

A foreigner has to pay for the Alternate State Quarantine hotel. 

A Thai can also pay to quarantine at an Alternate State Quarantine hotel. 

There really is no reason for your wife not to enter on her Thai passport. 

4 hours ago, Goldpanner said:

...I state that if she enters Thailand on a British Passport she will be classed as a Foreign nation yet she claims her friends have told her she is still a Thai National

What do people here think? Ive just suggested she call the Thai Embassy and ask them...

Your wife is definitely still a Thai national if she enters Thailand with her British passport.

You did the right thing by suggesting to your wife that she should call the Thai embassy. Let her handle everything that involves the embassy on her own and follow the embassy's advice.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There really is no reason for your wife not to enter on her Thai passport. 

Yet so many Thai nationals enter on a foreign passport. I really scratch my head about that. I think they get a kick out of showing their friends a 30 day stamp, like some kind of badge of honour that they have to get out soon or be in trouble. Morons.

Actually, the OP did not write that his wife wants to us her British passport to enter Thailand, nor does he write what benefit, if any, she would hope to gain if she chose to use the British passport.