Telephone scam. Brits only.

Golden Triangle

6 hours ago, asiam110 said:

Certainly is, one should also be careful of internet forums promoting unregulated unverified high yield investment services ????

Dang, you can't be meaning TV here can you? I borrowed from my ma and granma and put everything into Dogecoin. You're not saying people on TV would be making stuff up?

Edited by Why Me

I saw a Facebook post regarding the Chinese crypto supposedly soon to be released. I registered my interest. Within a few minutes I received a phone call from England trying to help me offload my money. A little further checking showed it was a scam.

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

I saw a Facebook post regarding the Chinese crypto supposedly soon to be released. I registered my interest. Within a few minutes I received a phone call from England trying to help me offload my money. A little further checking showed it was a scam.

You did register your details then? 

Just now, zyphodb said:

Thanks, I wouldn't talk to the police on principle anyway lol

I was scammed 0.1 of a Bitcoin online here in Thailand by a group in America. A friend of a friend called the police in the city that the scammers were set up. They wanted me to send a police report from Thailand. Visited the Muang police station in Chiang Mai with a Thai friend to report. Obviously the officer had not idea of BTC. Kept asking how much, I kept saying 0.1 BTC and value changes rapidly. Trying to explain through my friend who really didn't understand either. Officer ended up throwing his arms in the air and walked off. Lady officer sitting next to him tried to tell me to write exactly what happened down and bring back. I just said waste of time and left.

• Haha 2