Buying tyres from Lazada

I've looked at their prices. The ones I've looked at actually look a bit more expensive than ones in a local shop. What's more of a problem is if you get outdated stock, and you won't be able to tell the manufacturing date until you get them. Then also you will need them fitted and balanced at extra cost, as you didn't buy the tires from that shop. Tyreplus are good value but mainly stock michelin. 

20 minutes ago, monsieurhappy said:

Anyone bought tyres from Lazada?

Is it worthwhile? Or do you have to pay more to get them fitted?

Do tyre shops want to fit your new tyres ?

Any advice appreciated!

You will be able to find places to fit your tyres for you. 

A number of years back, after a blowout I decided to change all 4 tyres (R22), I was outside of Bangkok at the time, I had 4 tyres sent up to me and contacted a local garage (not a dealer) for fitting, they couldn’t fit the tyres but took the car off to a place that did it. I can’t recall the cost but it was surprisingly cheap (B500 or something).

The concern I would have ordering tyres from Lazada is the possibility of fakes or the possibility of old tyres. 

I just changed the tyres on my car (at B-Quick) all tyres made in March 2021. 

IMO: Get new tyres from a proper tyre shop which offers a warranty (1 year from B-Quick) - The tyres are the only thing between the car and the road - do not underestimate the importance of ensuring proper tyres. 

• Like 2

Many shops on Lazada selling tyres offer the date of production with the description . You can see them for yourself also , since it is imprinted on them . A shop who doesn't say the production year , i would leave it .

• Like 1

Hi you should try Shopee. In the search type in B-Quik official store.

I bought tires from them 2 weeks ago using the Shopee app. Fitting is included by you need to pay for balancing. On Mondays at midnight they have 20% off the price and a limited amount.

Also tonight they will have a special at midnight 6.6.21. 20% off but they also have a limited amount so you need to know what you want. 

Once you place order B-Quik will contact you during office hours and ask you where and when you would like to have the tires fitted. They will send you a voucher in the Shopee app which you show at the B-Quik outlet that you nominated.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GrahamJ said:

Hi you should try Shopee. In the search type in B-Quik official store.

I bought tires from them 2 weeks ago using the Shopee app. Fitting is included by you need to pay for balancing. On Mondays at midnight they have 20% off the price and a limited amount.

Also tonight they will have a special at midnight 6.6.21. 20% off but they also have a limited amount so you need to know what you want. 

Once you place order B-Quik will contact you during office hours and ask you where and when you would like to have the tires fitted. They will send you a voucher in the Shopee app which you show at the B-Quik outlet that you nominated.

OR just use the B-Quik Web page !!!... 

https://www.b-quik.com/en

Edited by richard_smith237

Just remember the marketplace (lazada, shoppe, and all the other generic copy cats) takes 10-15% commission from the seller, I'm not sure what the typical markup on tyres is but if it's low then you could probably negotiate the same or better deal walk-in to the fitting shop esp if the seller also absorbs delivery costs too.

Edited by asiam110

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes you can do that, however if you are looking for a cheaper price you can look at the Shopee B-Quik official app as they have specials on at certain days and times. Doesnt hurt to look at different options. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamJ said:
34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes you can do that, however if you are looking for a cheaper price you can look at the Shopee B-Quik official app as they have specials on at certain days and times. Doesnt hurt to look at different options. 

The prices are the same...  try it.

If you look up a B-Quik tyre on the Shopee page, then look at the same tyre on the B-Quik website - the same promotion exists (been through it before) - they’re simply using shopee as another form of exposure. 

Edited by richard_smith237

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The prices are the same...  try it.

If you look up a B-Quik tyre on the Shopee page, then look at the same tyre on the B-Quik website - the same promotion exists (been through it before) - they’re simply using shopee as another form of exposure. 

Yep done that and compared the price on the website which was the same as Shopee pressed the 20% discount on Monday at midnight and got the discount....Try it

If you buy tires at a local shop, the quoted price usually includes the installation.
If you order it online and a local shop installs them for you, they will of course charge you a service fee.

Compare prices and see what's cheaper.

I don't own a car, so no experience with car tires, but I've ordered motorbike tires online before, because either the local shops couldn't source the tires that I wanted, or because ordering them online and paying for installation was simply cheaper. The shops usually write the manufacturing year in the description, so you know what you get.

I should have told you guys what make/model/tyre size I've got and you would see my problem!

2002 Toyota Sport Cruiser, tyres 255/70/15.

I don't want to buy new wheels or a new truck for that matter!

Truck is in Good condition but I don't use it as much as I used to hence putting on a set of "cheap" tyres! I was looking at the Dunlops as if I've read the advert correct a set of 4 would be 10/11,000 baht.

The only 2 makes at B-quick would set me back twice this price!

Does anywhere have this size tyre anywhere near Lazada price, I'm not too bothered about the make as like I've said I don't use the truck so much now!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, GrahamJ said:

Yep done that and compared the price on the website which was the same as Shopee pressed the 20% discount on Monday at midnight and got the discount....Try it

Just tried it but couldn’t’ see the 20% off on a Monday... 

I can only see 100B / 200B / 300B off vouchers with a minimum spend. 

Can you post a screen shot ? maybe I’m looking in the wrong part of the shopee app (this may also make the tyres fit the Ops target price, or closer to it).

12 hours ago, monsieurhappy said:

I should have told you guys what make/model/tyre size I've got and you would see my problem!

Truck is in Good condition but I don't use it as much as I used to hence putting on a set of "cheap" tyres! I was looking at the Dunlops as if I've read the advert correct a set of 4 would be 10/11,000 baht.

Does anywhere have this size tyre anywhere near Lazada price, I'm not too bothered about the make as like I've said I don't use the truck so much now!

Thanks!

This is from www.tivanon.com 2950 / tire. Lazada have them for a similar price but claim they have a big discount (not sure which shop that is, though).  image.png.b9e136bd55286ec52991c846c93d261c.png

image.png

12 hours ago, monsieurhappy said:

Thanks!

Also try tyreplus, I think they stock maxxis that are not too expensive. 

13 hours ago, monsieurhappy said:

Thanks!

As I notice you are from the Pattaya area, travel to Sriracha, to get a better price as what you can find on Lazada.

265/70/16 HT Dunlop were 11000 Baht for 4, including aligning, 3 weeks ago ( in Pattaya 14.500)

The same size in Maxxis 9000 Baht ( at the Maxxis shop in Naklua 11.200 )

Sriracha Kitkarnyang, 119/30-1 สุขุมวิท, ตำบลศรีราชา อำเภอศรีราชา ชลบุรี, 20110 20110, Thailand

https://goo.gl/maps/6SA19d1aDRcPXvnp8

Edited by Susco

If I had a tire shop and some bonehead brought in tires that he bought from (Insert online shop here) I would for sure charge him for install.

And if they needed warranty the belly laugh would be no charge - just tell him to seek redress from who he bought them from 555

To save a few measly baht and not buy locally - what are people thinking - answer NOT

• Like 1

I replaced the tyres on my wifes car a couple of months ago I quite happy to use my local garage he gave a me a good price all fitted done and dusted, If there is a problem he's 2 km down the road to me it's piece of mind he give a good backup service in the past when my wife has had a puncture he comes right out and fix's it,

When I know she's safe is more important to me than saving a few baht