Help Me Find A Nanny Pleeeeaaasse

shadowy

PLease can you help me find a nanny for my baby, i work full time and have 3 kids. I have a thai husband so he doesnt help out much and my lovely nanny has gone back to laos.

If you know of anyone that can help me with this please

*** pm me

Edited by sbk
phone number removed

Hi, the Bambi nannies are the most expensive, not necessarily the best, and if you look on the site now, there's more demand than supply. I am going to interview two prospective maid/nannies tomorrow at kidshome. I've known of the company for many years, never used them before as my helper has been great, as she still is but can't work the hours I need her for now. Check the Website; you can find by googling kidshome bangkok. The terms of employment look ok to me and, as I say, the company's been around for quite a while. They're not super cheap but, hey, it's yr kids, right. They're plain precious.

Edited by chatette

first of all

I know the difficulty

we had hired 1 olderly thai lady who used to govern 3 farangkids for more than 3 years.

we agreed on everything it seemed.

she was expected to begin the next day

wel........ she didnt

she called alright.....didnt changed her mind ....no !!!

but cutting the rice was more importent than starting a new job.

in the end she didnt turned up at all (too much rice we guess)

No more Thai nannys for us

We try to hire volunteers from NGO's for the weekends

mind you ,,,,,,farangs girls

sad but treu

No more Thais in our house.

good luck

hgma

PLease can you help me find a nanny for my baby, i work full time and have 3 kids. I have a thai husband so he doesnt help out much and my lovely nanny has gone back to laos.

*** pm me

she called alright.....didnt changed her mind ....no !!!

but cutting the rice was more importent than starting a new job.

Hm. Reminds me of last month (or was it beginning of May?) Anyway, I was sitting in a bus from Khon Kaen to Bkk behind a Thai lady and her girlfriend. Could not help overhearing their conversation after a while with the phone of the one in front of me ringing all the time and her in tears later on. She was on her way to Bkk to start an assignment as nanny with a farang family (also three kids). Well, most of her phone calls were from or to her family. It turned out that her husband did not like the idea of her going to Bangkok. It was all a big drama, why has he not said so before etc.... However, she finally decided tearfully to go backto her village and call off the job.

Sorry for being off-topic.

@OP: why can't your husband's family help?

hgma = "No more Thais in our house."

Too bad. You are missing a wonderful experience and opportunity for your children – as well as a wealth of very hard working, dependable, loyal and fun help around the house. Our mea baan is an extension of our family. On last Christmas day I was alone and a little blue – without saying much of anything she went out of her way all day to show kindness to me, her kids come over during holidays to relax and help out with our son, when my 81 year old mom visited she was amazed by the care, the respect and the fun everyone in the household has. She is trusted and respected. She has been with me since I was single, she saw a few girls (OK more than a few) come and go and was one of the first to let me know, in her soft way, which one was the keeper. To each their own but to be in Thailand and not want Thai’s in your house? – that is a missed opportunity in every sense of the word in my humble opinion.

*** pm me

The 'so' implies that he doesn't help out because he is Thai. I think that's just your husband. I am married to a Thai Mr. Mop. I know this is completely off topic but it always amuses me when people who are married to Thais make sweeping generalisations based on nothing more than their own narrow experience. Good luck in finding a nanny. I think Bambi ones generally are better. Most can speak good English and are used to working with people from different cultures.

I can fin dyou a nanny - in my serviced apartment complex many families come and go and the nannies tend to try and find new families through each other.

What rates do you expect to pay and what hours are needed?

You are missing a wonderful experience and opportunity for your children – as well as a wealth of very hard working, dependable, loyal and fun help around the house.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this - unfortunately. I have found every Thai maid I have ever had to be unreliable, undependable and completely unloyal. Very sad but it is the case in my experience (although I do think if you live in the centre of town it is easier to find a good maid). I have had so many different maids, it's ridiculous. No matter what I've tried, they don't stick around - overpaid, underpaid, live-in, live-out, part time, full time. With every maid it has always been the same old story. They start off well - hard working, reliable, turn up to work, etc then after a couple of months they start having sick days, and then more sick days, and then they stop turning up and when you call they say they will come the next day, but again they don't turn up, and after a week or so of saying they will definitely be in the following day, they decide to quit. In the meantime, the house has become a pigsty as every day you've expected the maid to turn up so haven't cleaned yourself. This has happened to me over and over again. I am currently maidless (since last week) and due to trying to save up for a trip away, will tackle the housework myself for awile. Next time a get a maid, I will definitely have a preference for a Burmese maid as, in my experience, they are far more reliable, loyal and hardworking .... and they actually know how to clean.

As far as answering the OPs question ... try asking your friends to ask their maids if they know anyone, asking your husband to ask the local motorcycle taxi drivers if they know anyone, asking the people in the local shop (my local tailor found me a maid once), putting up a sign at Villa (if the branch allows it), etc.

*** pm me

3 kids? Hard to find someone to break their back looking after 3 kids that are not theirs and they can't smack if they misbehave. No wonder the previous maid did the runner.

A guy I know who has 3 kids and divorced, pays 40K baht to a nanny who is live in and allowed to bring her sister who is also live in. Both are in mid 40s.

They look after the kids and share the money. He bought a large 4WD to ferry them all, met them at Koh Samet and they all looked as a lovelly family.

He believes they live on his food and thin air and send all the money they get upcountry, probably buying or building something.

at the risk of sounding like some la-di-dah colonialist expat, but good maids and nanies are hard to find...

I remember coming up to LOS as a kid and staying with Thai cousins, and their 'staff' stuck around, was great and dependable, and 30+ years later, they still are around. They are treated as family and will always be looked after financiall. Indeed, my cousins family paid for the education of the offspring of the maids and nannies. But, their kids are doing their own thing. You speak to Thai families these days, and even they complain about the lack of decent help.

Call it economic development, but there are simply more opportunities for (good) people to do other things these days. So you are left with the more useless ones, or Burmese who have various shades of legality here in Thailand in terms of visas.

For what it is worth to the OP, we source our nannies from the Childrens Booster Center for the same nanny 2-3 days per week (apologies, no link or details, but check them out on BAMBI...there should be details there). We've had three from there, and in a word, they are fantastic.

There are (mostly pleasant) pro's and con's though. The girls who work though the centre all actually want to be nannies and work in child care, and are trained by the centre. Most, if not all, have undergraduate degrees, which means they have a huge dose of of common sense...my wife and I have even been told off a couple of times for not doing things safely or properly!

The cons as I said, are mosly pleasant. The first is the cost (relatively the worst). You are looking at about 600-700 baht per day (LT contracts negotiable though). But, they look after your kids professionally, so it is worth it. The biggest down side is that you are going to get quite motivated young ladies working for you, probably using the opportunity to work with an English speaking families to improve their english (cheaper and more effective than studying!). Our first nanny after being with us for a couple of months (she was excellent) applied to be an Au Pair in the US.

Not being from extremely wealth background, she was using the year in the US as a stepping stone to learn English and save some proper money. She already had an undergrad degree in biology, and after the year in the US, was coming back to start a her degree in medicine, to become a pediatrician.

All of the other nannies we've had have been in the same ilk, so we expect a bit of turn over. We've resigned ourselves to this, but at the same time, the nannies from the centre are excellent, so we always know we are getting a pair of safe hands.

As for maids, well it is hit and miss if you are looking for a Thai.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this - unfortunately. I have found every Thai maid I have ever had to be unreliable, undependable and completely unloyal.

Must be in the genes of their race aye! :o

That said, ours is Burmese (Shan) too, but that's because they're the most common / most affordable variety in these regions.. She's exceptional in every way. I sometimes thinks she reads minds.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this - unfortunately. I have found every Thai maid I have ever had to be unreliable, undependable and completely unloyal.

Must be in the genes of their race aye! :o

That said, ours is Burmese (Shan) too, but that's because they're the most common / most affordable variety in these regions.. She's exceptional in every way. I sometimes thinks she reads minds.

We don't have a nanny, our girl goes to a nursery/kindergarten.

2 weeks ago my Thai colleague and his family paid us a visit and their child is a bit younger than ours.

What happened: I asked them what is my child talking and how does it sound?

They said, like a foreign child who is learning Thai.

Well, the mother is there 24x7...the thing is the mother speaks Isaan, the school speaks central thai and I speak English.

They also pointed at the Burmeese or Lao maids that may ruin your children, in terms of speaking Thai or anything.

My Thai friends said, no way they would ever think of engaging any of them.

Sure, they have their family in BKK.

OK sorry i didnt check for so long, I have found a nanny, she is the cousin of the last one (supposably) but she is good and the kids like her, actualy iwould have liked one a bit older than 17 but she seems fine.

The problem with these nannies is they have family and often we forget that they want to go home and visit them just as we would like to visit ours.

I say just be fair on them , dont treat them to nice other wise they will take advantage of that, aswell, dont treat them mean because they will treat your kids the same way in return and also they are people ,with feeling and do you want your kids to grow up thinking that they are better and above other people just because you may have more monry than them.

The person who said that they paid a thai nanny 40,000 baht ...well all i can say about that is he is either very rich or otherwise stupid.

Ill go work for him for that price.

Yes i do have 3 kids, 2 at school all day ....so she only cares for the baby , not so hard i say.

And lastly about the family.. Married to a thai man, well he is not like a foreign man that comes home from work and helps with every thing , helps with the kids etc, i accept that and i understand its a matter of class and that he has been taught that since he was born , i was not insinuating that all thai men are lazy ...maybe men in general(joke).

His family could help but i dont want to take advantage of them and i want them to take the kids when they want not when i want so that they can ebjoy there hard earned retirement.

Thanks

thank you for all your help and lets hope my nanny works out.

The person who said that they paid a thai nanny 40,000 baht ...well all i can say about that is he is either very rich or otherwise stupid.

I said I knew someone who was paying 40K for 24x7 attention for his 3 children, cooking, cleaning, washing, driving to/from school, everything.

That was done by 2 nannies/maids who were live-in, sharing a room. There was no moment when they were both out and they could balance the workload and time off. The arrangement was in it's 3rd year when I met them.

OK sorry i didnt check for so long, I have found a nanny, she is the cousin of the last one (supposably) but she is good and the kids like her, actualy iwould have liked one a bit older than 17 but she seems fine.

The problem with these nannies is they have family and often we forget that they want to go home and visit them just as we would like to visit ours.

I say just be fair on them , dont treat them to nice other wise they will take advantage of that, aswell, dont treat them mean because they will treat your kids the same way in return and also they are people ,with feeling and do you want your kids to grow up thinking that they are better and above other people just because you may have more monry than them.

Ill go work for him for that price.

Yes i do have 3 kids, 2 at school all day ....so she only cares for the baby , not so hard i say.

And lastly about the family.. Married to a thai man, well he is not like a foreign man that comes home from work and helps with every thing , helps with the kids etc, i accept that and i understand its a matter of class and that he has been taught that since he was born , i was not insinuating that all thai men are lazy ...maybe men in general(joke).

His family could help but i dont want to take advantage of them and i want them to take the kids when they want not when i want so that they can ebjoy there hard earned retirement.

Thanks

thank you for all your help and lets hope my nanny works out.

i'm 24 years old, looking for a job as a nanny. :o If you know somebody else who is needs a nanny please tell me. I need to start very soon.

Thank you \(^v^)/

Dear Nou, we're looking for domestic help. We have 2 kids, 6 year old boy and 1 1/2 year old girl. We need help for cleaning, babysitting,etc. Not necessarily live in or full time. We live on Silom. If you have a number where we can contact you ?