Covid situation made elite visa totally ridiculous laughing stock

Sigh. 3 years ago I used all my saving applied elite visa, because I'm a poor sod no home to go back to, and decided to stay and work in Thailand. Elite visa could do as a good backup, whenever I have to change job, I could at least switch back to elite visa and stay here.

But can not switch to stay on elite visa within Thailand, usually not a problem, roundtrip to nearby just ~200$. Now covid situation, it's became totally ridiculous and useless.

I was on BOI work permit at a big company, but got into some feud with some s*bags, and this January I was poisoned unconscious for a week, made into 'accident', and breach contract cancelled my WP, and no way to sue a big company in a corrupt system. Now I'm only keeping apply covid-extension, and elite-visa is totally useless, just waste of money.

As a healthy person have a valid Visa, and limited budget only good for normal life, now I need to leave Thailand... pay ASQ... apply COE... spend tons of money and month of time(I have to detach my pet cat together 11 years because of that, I can't let her starve death), what a pain and too expensive totally impossible for me... what has the world became because of covid...

• Confused 1

What's stopping you from obtaining covid extensions. They will continued to be issued most likely untill borders are open. IMO

Making easy difficult.

Yes 1900 baht per extension and visits to obtain is pita but not difficult

• Like 2

In a similar boat, I was on 1 year  non o extensions obtained annually in penang. So until the tracelvel situation rectifies itself  im doing the covid extension, its a pain, but its not the end of the world.

Get proactive rather than moaning. Your cat will thank you for not being detached.

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Carry on with the covid extensions as long as they are available, get vaccinated.

Hopefully by the time the covid extensions are wound up fully vaccinated people will be able to enter with no or minimal quarantine.

Do TE not have a solution for this situation?

Zero benfit to getting vaccinate right now.

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What's stopping you from obtaining covid extensions. They will continued to be issued most likely untill borders are open. IMO

Making easy difficult.

Yes 1900 baht per extension and visits to obtain is pita but not difficult

I was interviewing a job, speechless the boss send my passport to Surat Thani to get covid extension!

Made my Bangkok TM30 invalid. Now I have to re-apply TM30, only then covid extension in 3 days. Mission almost impossible, and since I have no relative and no money(80k THB savings in total) , I most likely at the end of road... 

4 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

I was interviewing a job, speechless the boss send my passport to Surat Thani to get covid extension!

Made my Bangkok TM30 invalid. Now I have to re-apply TM30, only then covid extension in 3 days. Mission almost impossible, and since I have no relative and no money(80k THB savings in total) , I most likely at the end of road... 

Where are you currently located

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Zero benfit to getting vaccinate right now.

but at least you will be ahead of the game, when the borders open

23 hours ago, n00dle said:

In a similar boat, I was on 1 year  non o extensions obtained annually in penang. So until the tracelvel situation rectifies itself  im doing the covid extension, its a pain, but its not the end of the world.

you were not on extensions if applied for in Penang, that would be a visa,# but while still on the non imm 'O' visa entry, you could have applied for a yearly extension in Thailand

Many people seem unaware that the Thai Labour Department will, in most cases, take your side in a dispute with your employer as long as you have a good case. Given how Thai society usually works, this is quite surprising, but it is a fact. Worth knowing.

On 6/7/2021 at 2:47 PM, BritTim said:

Many people seem unaware that the Thai Labour Department will, in most cases, take your side in a dispute with your employer as long as you have a good case. Given how Thai society usually works, this is quite surprising, but it is a fact. Worth knowing.

He certainly has a strong case for unfair dismissal but considering the fact that he blew a million or whatever baht on a completely unnecessary Thai elite visa and then ended up getting poisoned by his colleagues, I suspect there's a lot more to this story than the OP is letting on.