Anyone else mighty unhappy with VietJet (Thailand) regarding Ticket Credits on cancelled flights to Vietnam?????

dinga

Virgin Australia did the same thing to me on my April 2020 domestic flight (Sydney--> Gold Coast round trip) for our family of 5.   Flight vouchers but no refund despite their being the side that cancelled the flight.   Useless for any customer not based in Australia as long as Australia is closed and they know it.   Seems to be the trend among any airlines that had relatively weak positions in terms of cash reserves.

Not much you can do about these a year after the fact as your credit card (of course this will vary between different card companies) might not let you dispute something so far in the past.   Amex (US issue) said they couldn't.   As for trying to take legal action... probably not much upside compared to how much time and resources it would consume.   I just filed it under $X,000 lesson learned.... and have of course never missed an opportunity to recommend Qantas over Virgin Australia every chance I've gotten to friends, family, TikTok, YouTube, IG, etc.

Whenever you make a purchase in Thailand you may well notice in terms and conditions and on the credit/debit card receipt the words "NO REFUND". As with most transactions Thai, they don't want to give it back. Thai Airways underestimated American Express and I got my refund within 3 hours for a cancelled flight last november. I would say that of all the LCC (low cost carriers) in Thailand, I do find VietJet the best and my preferred choice. Very good service and prices. Good luck with your refund. Try your credit card company.