Can Anyone Tell Me?

I agree that the west coast offers the widest variety of tourist destinations with the least amount of travel. California specifically has it all, from sea coast to mountains, attractions such as Disney Land, Universal City Tours, restaurants, San Francisco, etc. Both San Diego and San Francisco are beautiful cities in and of themselves to visit.

On the East coast you have New York City, Atlantic City New Jersey, Pennsylvania Dutch country see the Amish the shocked my Thai wife. Washington D.C. the nations capital depending on how much time and travel your friend is doing take a train to most of these places and even to Florida to Disney World and see the Spanish culture in Miami. I think like all the posters said it depends on the place your starting from, how limited or not your budget is and what do you want to see.

Montana, where I used to hang my hat, has many beautiful places if you're into nature. June is the nicest month of the year!

Agreed. In Montana you get both mountains and prairies. Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, and the Texas gulf coast are other underrated regions.

My experience is that one of the first sites that new visitors here to the West Coast of the US want to see is the Grand Canyon. They also want to visit Las Vegas which is only about 4 hours driving time from the Grand Canyon. I also find that renting a car and driving scenic coastal route 1 between Los Angeles and San Francisco is very enjoyable and popular with visitors.

One key point: The USA is a car society. You pretty much need a car to see it. If you won't be renting a car, a good option is to base in one of the cities where you don't need a car like San Francisco and take bus tours from there. You also don't need a car in New York City, Portland Oregon, Seattle, and Boston. You need one in Los Angeles. As you are a tourist you can pretty much ignore the large middle parts like Kansas just like the natives do.

Edited by Jingthing

i hear Canada is nice too.

OH BOY you got that one right brother.....I love crossing over to B.C.

WOW just think if you had never bin to north america and just went driving for two mounths from southern california to central british columbia, like being on another planet. :o:D

i hear Canada is nice too.

OH BOY you got that one right brother.....I love crossing over to B.C.

WOW just think if you had never bin to north america and just went driving for two mounths from southern california to central british columbia, like being on another planet. :o:D

i suppose it would be a bit like being in Thailand and crossing into Cambodia or Malaysia.

The southwest is a great place. Lots of natural wonders to see. I love New Mexico, from the deserts of the south to the forests of the north. Arizona is also nice. Flagstaff is a nice area which is close to the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, Sedona, Meteor Crater etc. From Flagstaff, I think you are about a 4 hour drive from either Las Vegas or Phoenix. Actually, you could fly in to Phoenix, take the shuttle up to Flag and then rent a car to see all the above.

I am also partial to the northern Midwest...mainly Minnesota and Wisconsin. :o Actually lots to do in and around this area.

Hi All,

One of my very close friend is going to USA next month, he is interested in spending his holiday. Can somebody tell me which place he should choose to go?

If your friend decides to go by the East Coast. Tell him to allow at least a week stay for his holiday in NYC. There are million things to do, to see, to eat, to shop, to join, to participate...etc. There is an ecstatic feeling just by walking among the New Yorkers around Midtown Manhatton. This is from a person who have traveled to dozens of countries, staying in almost 90 cities around the grobe.