Where is the truth ?

Aforek

I spoke of vaccination with my wife, and she told me that everybody here don't want to get vaccine, 

they are affraid ; why ? 

because they hear on thai tv that some people are dead after receiving the vaccine ( three today, 

a girl 19 years old and a policeman and somebody else ) 

so, it comes from news on Thai tv ; if so, why Thai visa forum , which is so well informed and seem to have

informations from high level, doesn't speak about it ? so, Thai TV says BS , or what ? 

4 hours ago, Puccini said:

Where is your "here"?

Very small moo ban in Prachinburi province; I forgot to ask which channel they look at ; I would be interested by what your Thai wives or GF say, because I suppose they look at TV ( not Thai visa ... ) every day 

personnaly, I am not affraid by Covid and vaccination, but here they are affraid of everything ( especially women ) and they speak, they speak, no end ...

In fact, at the date of 10 june, 27 people have died after receiving the vaccin, but 12 had health problems before, and 15 are still under investigation 

12 recent deaths not related to COVID-19 vaccines | Thai PBS World : The latest Thai news in English, News Headlines, World News and News Broadcasts in both Thai and English. We bring Thailand to the world

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

I estimate "at least" half of my Thai in-laws are in no way in a rush to get a vaccine appointmemt....it fact, they are actively avoiding it because the don't trust the vaccine safety and a few of them actively avoid hospitals/doctors/nurses for any ailment.    And this bunch are "very serious" about not allowing their parents/grandparents over 60 in getting a jab now due to fear of  vaccine side affects.  

And the other half seem are still trying to decide whether they will get a jab in the near term because they are simply unsure/afraid of side affects.   

And both half's talk that they wish they could get Moderna or Pfizer as they just don't have any faith in Sinovac and consider AstraZeneca as simply a "probably OK" vaccine. 

Of the 40 or so close in-laws one one has been vaccinated and she is a nurse....pretty much didn't have a choice if she wanted to keep her job.....she's around 40 and got Sinovac....she didn't experience any side affects other than an itching arm, but that carried zero weight with the in-laws.  Her husband who is a local govt official still hasn't got his jab although he could have already.   And both husband and wife (nurse) are not allowing their old parents who are in their 70s and 80s to get vaccinated now due to concern over serious side affects....they are saying they will wait till Moderna/Pfizer arrive Thailand.

Yeap, I consider my in-laws "typical rural Thais" and they are in not rush to get vaccinated....they are still watching and listening as to what happens to those who do get vaccinated.  Lots of vaccine and govt  mistrust out there.

In the long run, they need to realise that they will get covid, in one form or another, or get the vaccine. My wife is in the nursign profession - we both got az. She told her brothers and sisters to get the shot, but the problem now is if outside on the dark red zones, there is a shortage of vaccines. 

Many Thais want az over sinovac, because they think sinovac has worse side effects, which is wrong. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and it's easy for the masses to lap it up. 

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:

.... but the problem now is if outside on the dark red zones, there is a shortage of vaccines. 

it inside the dark zone also.  I live in Bangkok....one of those dark red zones where there should be adequate vaccine, but just last night the wife and I receive a notice from our western Bangkok private hospital that all COVID jabs scheduled "at the hospital" for 14-18 June (Mon-Fri) which were scheduled using the government's Mor Prom (Doctors Ready) app are cancelled due to lack of vaccine.   That is, the govt can't supply enough vaccine to meet current jab appointments.  

If I remember right when the Thai wife and I made our jab appts at this hospital for late June (so we are not affected by the 14-18 June notice) using the Doctors Ready LINE app this hospital had approx 50 jab appointments per day.   So, the govt is failing to even supply a relatively small number of jabs for some hospitals/vaccination locations.   

• Like 2

There is a hot off the press poll results in the 13 June Bangkok Post talking the people's confidence in the govt's vaccination plan.   It's a pretty damming poll....basically two-thirds of the population have little or no confidence in the govt vaccination program.  Can't post a Bangkok Post link due to TVF rules, but just at the 13 June 2021 Bangkok Post.

Am i allowed anymore to add a video with a doctor that has a slightly different view to the mainstream? Is that allowed or are the vaccines now deemed 100% safe and all trials completed...no more reason for questioning? Ok, thanks. 

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ZLfB1UqYZAaa/

Edited by 248900_1469958220

News reports like below 13 June 2021  TheThaiger article which quotes a NBT news report from high level govt medical personnel/doctors have an impact on a peoples desire to get vaccinate.  Instead delay...way for a better choice of vaccines or simply don't get vaccinate regardless of what vaccines are available....no rush--Thai style.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/covid-update-sunday-2804-new-infections-and-18-covid-related-deaths

• Thailand’s Department of Medical Services says the possible side-effects of the AstraZeneca vaccine are more commonly found among people of “working age than among the elderly, as their bodies respond more rapidly to the vaccine”.

DMS Director-General Dr. Somsak Akkasilp says that AZ is a viral vector vaccine… “which stimulates the body’s immune system, making recipients more prone to developing side-effects than with inactivated virus vaccines like Sinovac’s CoronaVac vaccine.”

“possible side-effects of AstraZeneca include fever, shivering, muscle ache and localized numbness, which usually subside in a few days. Allergic reactions might also vary.”

“Some recipients of the Sinovac vaccine might experience these symptoms as well.” – NBT

SOURCES: FRB | NBTYOU M

2 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Am i allowed anymore to add a video with a doctor that has a slightly different view to the mainstream? Is that allowed or are the vaccines now deemed 100% safe and all trials completed...no more reason for questioning? Ok, thanks. 

https://www.bitchute.com/video/ZLfB1UqYZAaa/

Wow! A genuine GP! Not a scientists. Not a virologist. Not an epidemiologist. Very impressive!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aforek said:

Very small moo ban in Prachinburi province; I forgot to ask which channel they look at ; I would be interested by what your Thai wives or GF say, because I suppose they look at TV ( not Thai visa ... ) every day 

personnaly, I am not affraid by Covid and vaccination, but here they are affraid of everything ( especially women ) and they speak, they speak, no end ...

Thank for this additional information.

I have seen localised outbreaks of Covid-19 referred to as clusters. It should not come as a surprise that there are also clusters of vaccination refusal popping up and it remains to be seen whether and how fast these will turn into Covid-19 clusters. I wonder if anybody is keeping track of this.

Currently we see news reports about cases of people dying following the vaccination. Will we be seeing, in a month or two, news reports about people dying from Covid-19 after having refused the vaccination? Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Thank for this additional information.

I have seen localised outbreaks of Covid-19 referred to as clusters. It should not come as a surprise that there are also clusters of vaccination refusal popping up and it remains to be seen whether and how fast these will turn into Covid-19 clusters. I wonder if anybody is keeping track of this.

Currently we see news reports about cases of people dying following the vaccination. Will we be seeing, in a month or two, news reports about people dying from Covid-19 after having refused the vaccination? Time will tell.

We're already seeing in the US that it's basically unvaccinated people now in the ICU's and dying.