Embrace Thai culture - and give Thais the benefit of the doubt!

rooster59

43 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

they were only about an inch long so for the first time in my life I felt reasonably well-endowed. 

no comment

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been reading your posts for years but just don't get the slang "plod". I believe that it stands for something like "the police" but could you kindly explain it?  It's not used in America.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely spot on. And the inconsistency is at the cost of the average Thai. Millions are hurting. Things should be and could be alot better right now. 

Never, ever forget the Samut tragedy. And never, ever let Prayuth and Anutin off the hook. They allowed the super spreaders to go out and infect the nation, due to a horribly timid fear of the "optics of a lockdown", when all they needed to do was ACT, treat it like the national emergency it was, and lock down a 2 km. radius around the seafood market. Sure, a few of their super rich seafood distributor friends would have been disappointed. But, the 2nd wave would have been avoided, and likely the so called 3rd wave too. 

And it is likely domestic tourism would have been booming right now, with the reduced prices.

The hardship these deadbeats are inflicting on their people is unforgivable. 

Thank you for saying this - I  say it everyday in the hope that somebody gives a damn.  So wonderful you do!

On 6/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, DogNo1 said:

I have been reading your posts for years but just don't get the slang "plod". I believe that it stands for something like "the police" but could you kindly explain it?  It's not used in America.

Plod, of course to move slowly and laboriously, is an old name for the UK police. 

12 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

Plod, of course to move slowly and laboriously, is an old name for the UK police. 

This too from wiki:

Mr. Plod is a fictional character in the Noddy children’s series by Enid Blyton. He is a forthright police officer who never lets Toyland’s crooks escape from the “long arm of the law”. He always pretends to know the problem, but can never quite figure it out. His catchphrase is “Halt, in the name of Plod!”

• Thanks 1

"the five foot six, painted clay:

Yes well reported Fellows ! ...  and how they actualy built it would be very interestong to know also I would think ! ...  And then the Fun part, of Painting it. ! ... 

... I wish my Boots on the Ground, make the paint brushes first, out of stuff that looks like loose grass or loosr Broome head material  ...  (and shot glass in his hand) ... Grass roots Painting, Brother in law Noi was still alive, so I could send him a picture of it, and ask him for a quote on the job ??? ...