Wise No Longer Accepts SCB?

I always used to transfer money with Wise to my SCB account. Since today it seems that SCB is not supported by Wise anymore. I just tried to transfer and got the message, bank is not supported.

Anybody else has this problem?

• Like 1

Seems like a few strange happenings at SCB, after receiving my UK pension in a SCB for the past two and a half years, last month they decided to not accept the payment and returned it back to the UK pension office ????.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, bprinceuk said:

Seems like a few strange happenings at SCB, after receiving my UK pension in a SCB for the past two and a half years, last month they decided to not accept the payment and returned it back to the UK pension office ????.

Well perhaps xenophobic shareholders have had there say about accepting incoming monies from foreigners. I hope that will not affect those that remit money for retirement/marriage extensions.

Just think of the implications of that if it spread to all Thai banks !!

Edited by Excel

I had the same issue an hour or so back. The Wise app was indicating that

'Bank is not supported. Please check you have entered the bank code correctly'.

Just tried again now and same message comes up. Possibly a Wise glitch as unlikely that SCB have changed their coding structure without any advance notification as that would result in chaos. But........

I also have a BB account and that worked fine so used that today. But certainly strange as have had many SCB transfers with no problems, latest was about 10 days ago. 

Would be interested if any SCB account holders have been successful with Wise transfers in the last day or two.

• Like 1

I just had exactly the same problem with wise and SCB bank. I just realized: When you try to send to a new account, SCB bank is no longer an option to choose from. It seems like they don't support SCB any longer for whatever reasons. You can still send to Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn etc... 

• Like 1

I just now tried transferring 50,000 baht from a US account to Siam Commercial Bank and got a nasty note that Wise no longer accepts SCB. This is an account I've used for years. I tried to re-enter the bank and got the same message.  Anyone else experiencing the same?

SCB Account-2.jpg

P.S.  I was just able to transfer to Bangkok Bank, so it's not me.

Edited by J Town
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what I don't like about "FinTechs", they make up their own rules, change them on a whim and there isn't enough regulation in place to ensure any acceptable level of reliability

I have never ever encountered any issues with plain old SWIFT transfers to any Thai bank. Yes, they cost more, but they've proven to be super reliable ever since I made the first one to Thailand in 2004.

To hell with WISE and similar crappola.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bprinceuk said:

Had my UK pension paid into SCB on the 20th. May without any problem.

3 hours ago, bprinceuk said:

Go with Bangkok Bank no problems.

• Like 2

Isn't it up to the 3 main banks who to accept-- BB/K Bank/Military Bank/ with Wise the funds only go to them -- its then up to them to pass it on.

Edited by sanuk711

38 minutes ago, chris_samui said:

Problem is solved SCB is back on the list of Wise

And working faster from Oz. Just had an instant transfer to SCB. 

Previous transfers went through an intermediary Thai bank released at 0900 and into my account around 1400.

• Like 2