THAICHANA APP - PROBLEMS?

CRUNCHER

Is anyone else having problems with the Thaichana App?  

When I open it it tells me "No Internet Connection" when I do have one. I removed the app and reloaded it but still the same.

Other Apps on my phone requiring internet (banking etc.) work fine.

6 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'm surprised anyone is still using it. Wherever I go in Bangkok, I haven't been asked to scan a ThaiChana code for months.

If you get covid and they check where you've been and you have no history on that app then there may be trouble

• Haha 1

I had problems like this yesterday.. I should do a new register and then could not do it...

Check in app-store for a newer version. I could do an update yesterday afternoon... after that it worked again

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you get covid and they check where you've been and you have no history on that app then there may be trouble

Most people get Covid at home or at work or when dining in a group, not from strangers passing by in a shopping mall. The very approach is futile.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

While I still use this I haven't seen another person, foreign or domestic, use this in ages.

Mine worked yesterday, Android, ver. 1.7.1 Auto-updated 11 hours ago, or so says my phone.

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Most people get Covid at home or at work or when dining in a group, not from strangers passing by in a shopping mall. The very approach is futile.

Funny you say that, only a few days ago i heard about 5 ladies catching covid from a shopping centre in  North Pattaya after using the toilet

I tried to use the QR code yesterday, first at the newly re-opened Lumpini Park in Bangkok, and secondly at my condo, where we have it installed in the lobby. Neither time did it work. I am wary of downloading another Thai made app that gives all my information out again, in light of the recent data breach on the still unworkable thailandintervac.com site.

CNX = Chiang Mai International(before Covid 19)Airport. Most airports have 3 letter identifiers.  CNX, much easier than writing Chiang Mai. Also, BKK = Bangkok Airport and DMK = Don Muang Airport.

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

CNX = Chiang Mai International(before Covid 19)Airport. Most airports have 3 letter identifiers.  CNX, much easier than writing Chiang Mai. Also, BKK = Bangkok Airport and DMK = Don Muang Airport.

Does it have any relationship to Thai Chana?

Edited by samtam

11 hours ago, HampiK said:

I had problems like this yesterday.. I should do a new register and then could not do it...

Check in app-store for a newer version. I could do an update yesterday afternoon... after that it worked again

Same with me. Didn't work yesterday or today, until I updated the app. Now it works again. 

1 hour ago, wadman said:

Same with me. Didn't work yesterday or today, until I updated the app. Now it works again. 

Are you using a iphone?

The App Store shows my app is up-to-date (1.7).  When I re-loaded I down loaded the only one available and it still did not work.