Doing the covid extension in Udon Thani

AUinAsia

Does anybody have any recent experience doing the covid extension in Udon Thani? Particularly as an Australian citizen? What kind of evidence do you need to convince that particular immigration office that you need the extension?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Same as other offices. You would complete this affidavit to tick the boxes for your reasons.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 407 downloads

Is the box about being unable to get a letter from my embassy part of the requirement? I don't want to go to Bangkok to find out what my embassy will say as I don't feel safe going to Bangkok at the moment. 

57 minutes ago, AUinAsia said:

Is the box about being unable to get a letter from my embassy part of the requirement?

One of the reasons you can tick in not being able to get the a letter from your embassy. In reality a letter from your embassy is not required for the extension.

If I recall correctly the Australian embassy is not doing them.

1 hour ago, AUinAsia said:

Is the box about being unable to get a letter from my embassy part of the requirement? I don't want to go to Bangkok to find out what my embassy will say as I don't feel safe going to Bangkok at the moment. 

You could email your embassy. Assuming that they will reply along the lines that they don't issue these letters, you could attach their reply as evidence thereof.

Probably not required in Udon, but some offices have asked for just that. 

16 hours ago, AUinAsia said:

Call the embassy and ask them. Also l believe Aust has no restrictions on their citizens returning you just need to go into 14 day isolation. 

Edited by Owiee
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Owiee said:

Call the embassy and ask them. Also l believe Aust has no restrictions on their citizens returning you just need to go into 14 day isolation. 

Nope. Not only is the backlog for returning several months long, but citizens have to pay $3000 for official quarantine. Australia is one of the most difficult countries on earth to enter, and has the stricted and most extreme Covid restrictions in the developed world. Australian citizens are also not allowed to leave the country again once they are in there. In addition to this, the whole point of covid extensions is to encourage foreigners to stay in Thailand (as Thailand has a severe shortage of foreign tourists now), where the usual visa application channels are unavailable due to all neighbouring countries being closed. There are those who no longer reside in their own country, but can't go elsewhere in this region due to the fact that the world is closed right now.  And there's no need to call the embassy as Ubonjoe has already provided the official information.