Shipping PC from the US - FedEx or DHL?

watthong

5 hours ago, smedly said:

how did you end up

never buy a branded PC they are ####, build your own and select the specs best suited for your needs - I have built all my PC's for years and work out very cheap and I put in there what I want and if I need an upgrade real easy to do

Must've been telepathy...

The PC arrived at my doorstep today before noon, having left Quangzhou China in the early morning hours. I bit the bullet and went with Fedex. Lightning speed as I clicked mail out lest than a week ago. Unless USPS, the package didn't get to sit in a LAX hangar for 2 weeks, this one started its globe trotting faster than Carmen Sandiego. No custom tax, only handling fee for under 200 baht, plus 7% for VAT on CIF. Professional service with a smile. Couldn't be happier. (Might as well since after all this trouble, I can't get the darned PC to power UP!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, watthong said:

Door to door - shipped 07/22 arrived today before noon 07/26.

could you let me know how much you paid to ship it and how heavy it was, etc.

I got my brother to buy me a hennessy hammock almost 2 years ago and  then Covid hit and recently when I tried to get him to ship it via courrier (DHL) they quoted me this for a 3kg shoe box

image.png.0d8bc7f7063ea38e35dca1b29da9d211.png

Shipping was close to 200 usd. The thing weighs close to 40 lbs. VAT 7% based on CIF (200 usd shipping charges + 150 usd value of item). The bill comes out to near 1000 baht (including Fedex handling charges of near 200 baht. and no custom tax per computer items.) Highly impressed by FedEx lightning speed. Brought a big smile on my face (before the tears... as PC is not booting up! no sound, no light, no action.)

34 minutes ago, watthong said:

Must've been telepathy...

The PC arrived at my doorstep today before noon, having left Quangzhou China in the early morning hours. I bit the bullet and went with Fedex. Lightning speed as I clicked mail out lest than a week ago. Unless USPS, the package didn't get to sit in a LAX hangar for 2 weeks, this one started its globe trotting faster than Carmen Sandiego. No custom tax, only handling fee for under 200 baht, plus 7% for VAT on CIF. Professional service with a smile. Couldn't be happier. (Might as well since after all this trouble, I can't get the darned PC to power UP!)

yes I am in the middle of this right now with fedex - different issue - phone from HK - it is At destination sort facility SAMUTPRAKARN, TH

They started this licence nonsense with me on the phone - I told them it was a phone for personal use and all that was due was 7% VAT and whatever handling fee (Bt200) they wanted to add to the bill - never had so much stupid hassle, I ended up telling the guy on the phone to stop the stupid nonsense and just deliver the package, never again.

16 minutes ago, watthong said:

as PC is not booting up! no sound, no light, no action

not all PSU's will run 240v - check the model of the power supply it may be 110v only, easy to fix - just buy a PSU here and install 

If you need any assistance just ask ????

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes I am in the middle of this right now with fedex - different issue - phone from HK - it is At destination sort facility SAMUTPRAKARN, TH

They started this licence nonsense with me on the phone - I told them it was a phone for personal use and all that was due was 7% VAT and whatever handling fee (Bt200) they wanted to add to the bill - never had so much stupid hassle, I ended up telling the guy on the phone to stop the stupid nonsense and just deliver the package, never again.

My feeling is that unlike USPS and its Thai post cohorts, FedEx and DHL got license (from Bangkok custom) to hassle the customer everyway but loose. That's why my package went through custom like butter. Then it's up to the courier to do the torment. Light bulb popped in my head at the last minute before shipping to substitute a Thai name for mine as recipient, and thus the delivery was painless.

15 minutes ago, smedly said:

not all PSU's will run 240v - check the model of the power supply it may be 110v only, easy to fix - just buy a PSU here and install 

If you need any assistance just ask ????

The power socket says :input 50/60 hz, 100=240v/9.7a.

(If you don't mind, I'm going to PM you with more specific details so as not to change the topic of the thread...)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, watthong said:

My feeling is that unlike USPS and its Thai post cohorts, FedEx and DHL got license (from Bangkok custom) to hassle the customer everyway but loose. That's why my package went through custom like butter. Then it's up to the courier to do the torment. Light bulb popped in my head at the last minute before shipping to substitute a Thai name for mine as recipient, and thus the delivery was painless.

ha ha -  had considered putting a Thai name on the package but I had no idea they were going to use fedex until I had already placed the order, I should have asked them to ship with China post - never had an issue 

But I agree - as soon as they see a farang name then they engage in the rip off tactics - I will pay what I know is the correct amount and take the package - if they want to take me to court for any extras up to them - good luck with that  

Edited by smedly