BBC World News streaming.

Gandtee

Maybe this should be on another forum?

I've been streaming BBC World News from Live News US and FreeInterTV sites successfully for some time. Since four days ago after the programmes began dropping out, buffering? I can't. Other channels on these sites are no problem. I've tried Hola free VPN with no success. Any suggestions please? 

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Since four days ago after the programmes began dropping out, buffering?

There is normally not much you can do about buffering  as it is due to things like how many people are watching at the time, bandwidth issues between servers/countries and  how many people are connected to your local internet node/POP  etc etc   nothing you can do about it.

One thing that could possibly help is to  use a wired LAN cable between  the viewing device and modem/router   instead of a WiFi connection

WiFi can slow down due to  interference and too many WiFi routers in an area  LAN cable will not be influenced.

• Like 1

Have you tried the bbc global news podcast, updated twice a day? Or try the Sounds app for live radio 4, which switches to the world service at 7 am. (Neither requires a vpn)

Edited by John435
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, John435 said:

Have you tried the bbc global news podcast, updated twice a day? Or try the Sounds app for live radio 4, which switches to the world service at 7 am. (Neither requires a vpn)

Listening to it now.????

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Try livenewsmag - bbc world news. I dont know if it will stream better, maybe it is the same feed as livenewsus.

Using a decent adblock on those sites usually improves the stream.

I Tried it and it's the same as livenewsus. Thanks anyway

Untitled.png