Pay water (MWA) online without the paper bill

Polar Bear

Is it possible to pay MWA online without having the QR code off the physical, paper bill? 

I have an SCB account, and I can only pay by scanning the QR code. As far as I can see, I can set up a recurring payment, but only through the website and only using a credit card, which I don't have.  

(I am renting and the utility bills aren't in my name, which might be part of the problem.)

The WMA website says you can pay with the Kasikorn app (https://www.mwa.co.th/ewtadmin/ewt/mwa_internet_eng/ewt_news.php?nid=732) Does that work without the paper bill? 

Thanks!

How about Direct Debit ?. A bit convoluted I know setting up, going back & forth between WMA and the bank with forms that need rubber stamping. But then you never need to think about it again. Same for all utilities 

• Like 1

Eugh, annoying. 

I was able to get the electric set up by installing the MEA SmartLife app. I can't pay through the App, but once I pull the billing info into it, the balance becomes available in SCB to pay online. 

Wavel, will they let me set up a DD if it's not in my name? If so, where do I start, at my bank or at MWA?

What happens if I don't pay the bill on time? (There's a one week payment window.) I assume the water gets cut off at some point, but is that immediate, or is there a fine or something first?

(The problem I've got is that I may have to travel soon, and it's going to be really awkward if I have to plan it around when the water bill is due because I have no way to pay without the physical bill.)

I pay my water on the kasikorn app.

I am also renting my condo. You will need your water bill account number to be able to pay the bill. Just go to banking and then payments theres a line of most used companies. I do mine from that.

Oops sorry thats electric. 

Water doesn't look possible by bank without the QR code.

Who gets your bill ? Ask them to send it to you 

Edited by berybert
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, berybert said:

I pay my water on the kasikorn app.

I am also renting my condo. You will need your water bill account number to be able to pay the bill. Just go to banking and then payments theres a line of most used companies. I do mine from that.

Oops sorry thats electric. 

Water easy with the SCB App

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ignis said:

I pay my water + Electric bills on the SCB app, so easy + No charge/Fee

How do you pay water through the app? I can do it if I have the QR code, but then I need to be here to get the paper copy. Can you pay it without the paper bill?

5 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

How do you pay water through the app? I can do it if I have the QR code, but then I need to be here to get the paper copy. Can you pay it without the paper bill?

what date is the Bill ? you have 7 days to pay or you cannot use the App/7/11/Tesco and must go to the water office.

Guess then you will have to go to the water office and tell them you have not received the bill...... they do not bother sending out a reminder so you can pay all when the second month bill arrives.  

Years ago day 8 -10 the meter reader used to come round again and give a reminder - no idea it they still do after the 2nd month.

• Like 1

I still have a couple of days to pay it. I can pay it right now if I scan the QR code, but I am trying to figure out how to set it up to pay without the bill in future. 

When you pay through the SCB app, are you able to do it without the QRcode/paper bill?

1 hour ago, berybert said:

I get the bill, but that means I have to be here to pay it. I'm trying to find a way to pay it without having the bill, so I can still pay it if I am away.

The MWA site says you can pay it with the Kasikorn app, which suggests you can do it without the code. (For other banks, they are listed as being paid by QR.)

17 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I get the bill, but that means I have to be here to pay it. I'm trying to find a way to pay it without having the bill, so I can still pay it if I am away.

The MWA site says you can pay it with the Kasikorn app, which suggests you can do it without the code. (For other banks, they are listed as being paid by QR.)

Maybe you have to download the MWA app, if there is one.

• Like 1

If there's an app, I haven't been able to find it. There are a couple for specific provincial authorities, but as far as I can see, not for Bangkok or MWA. But I don't really know what I am looking for, so I may have just missed it. 

Maybe I don't understand ?

I go to SCB app, it welcome me by name, the 5th app is 'utilities' click on it and then click on water icon  says 'waterworks of Thailand'  enter the amount and send..  Do same with Electric + Internet bill every month

NO I do not have to use the bill or QR code...  few mins later get a ding dong = message received as paid.

Maybe the 1st time had to, sorry cannot remember not being very good on these things [in my 70's] ask a Thai friend to set these things up

• Like 1

Hi. 

I use the water app (Bangkok area) for years. 

I'm attaching the screenshot below of the app for Google play. 

Once you registered, the bill comes up (on the 7th of each month) and you can for pay it through the app, i use my credit card to pay, easy peazy.

For the last two months we requested for the online bills only, so nowadays we don't even get a paper bill any more which I like as less things goes in the mailbox! ???? 

We  have also done the same for the electricity bill, comes to the app no paper bill just use credit card to pay. No parer bills in the mailbox that neighbours like to have a peak at ????

Hope this helps, 

Walailak 

Screenshot_20210622_204508.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ignis said:

I go to SCB app, it welcome me by name, the 5th app is 'utilities' click on it and then click on water icon  says 'waterworks of Thailand'  enter the amount and send..

When I go into waterworks in SCB, the only option I get is to scan the QR code. (The scanner opens immediately. There's nowhere to put the account info in.) Maybe there is something else I have to do first!

11 minutes ago, walailak said:

Screenshot_20210622_204508.jpg

I think this is what I need, but I don't have it in Google Play. I can find it through Google, now I have the name (thank you!) but it says it's not available in my country. I guess because my Google account is registered to the UK (which I have to keep for my UK banking.)  I'll see if there is way around this. 

Thank you everyone for your help. Now I know it's possible, I will persevere! 

Edited by Polar Bear

Glad that I helped!! 

Try to download it as an apk app to bypass the google geo. 

Then you will be able to use it, as I have done the same for the

dlt smart licence thai app in order to have my digital Thai licence on the app on my phone when I forget my wallet at home. 

https://m.apkpure.com/mwa-onmobile/th.co.mwa_app

Good luck 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much Walailak. I was able to install the app this way, and pull the billing data into it. Unfortunately, with all my messing around, I've got my bank account blocked, so I will have to pay at the 7-11 this month while I get that sorted out. This looks like it will work though!

Thank you again for all your help.

• Like 1

Glad that I can help!! 

Been living here since 2006, always trying to figure out things to make life easier.

Sometimes things here are super easy compare to home, sometimes are impossible! 

What I can never accept is that been here for so long and I still got to do yearly extensions, 90 days report etc. 

In my country you will be a citizen within the first 5 years????

Anyway this is Thailand,

good luck ????

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to all the help I got here, I got this working. (Kind of.)

Using the link walailak provided (thank you again!), I was able to install the app. I can get the bill details in the app, but I still can't pay it. (I don't know why. It looks like is should be possible, but every payment option leads to a 'please contact MWA' error.)

But I can pull up an e-bill, and that has the QR-code on it. I can save the QR code as a screenshot, import that into the QR reader in SCB's app, and pay it from there. 

It's not elegant, but it works.

Of course, now I can't actually travel anywhere anyway, but maybe one day ...

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 12:42 PM, Polar Bear said:

Eugh, annoying. 

I was able to get the electric set up by installing the MEA SmartLife app. I can't pay through the App, but once I pull the billing info into it, the balance becomes available in SCB to pay online. 

Wavel, will they let me set up a DD if it's not in my name? If so, where do I start, at my bank or at MWA?

What happens if I don't pay the bill on time? (There's a one week payment window.) I assume the water gets cut off at some point, but is that immediate, or is there a fine or something first?

(The problem I've got is that I may have to travel soon, and it's going to be really awkward if I have to plan it around when the water bill is due because I have no way to pay without the physical bill.)

Sorry for the late reply. Go to MWA wth your bill& ID ask for DD form take it to the bank & set up DD from their end, get the form stamped by the bank, then take the stamped form back to MWA for them to finish setting up the DD. Job done 

• Like 1