Condo MAintenance Fees During Covid restrictions

I own a condo and pay maintenance fees as requested, we have a private pool and a gym, which is closed and government seems to think that our facilities are the most dangerous source of spreading a covid. is there any legal relieve against of fees for something we do not use and pay for? laugh at me, but i just want to know how come markets and tattoo shops are opened and private pools are not?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm on the Co-owner's board for my condo.  We have the same expenses going out as always, however less room cleaning has led to a voluntary small reduction in the pay for the cleaning ladies.

After a nearly perfect 10 year payment history, we have about 15 people out of 168 who have not paid their 2021 commons fees.  They are all accruing interest penalties and will have their water turned off if they don't pay.

You buy a condo, you are responsible for your commons fees under the Condominium Act.

• Like 1

Annual juristic fee for my Thai condo is about the same as the quarterly body corporate fee for my small Australian flat.

Thai fee covers 24 hour security guards, gardeners, maintenance of a huge swimming pool, lift maintenance, cleaning of common property etc etc.

Australian fee covers a couple of blokes who come around with a leaf blower for half an hour each fortnight.

Don’t mind paying my usual condo fee while I’m unable to travel to Thailand for the next few years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Most decent condos provide a lot more services/maintenance then just pool and gym.  Security, staff, landscaping, general maintenance and upkeep, etc.  But, if you don't mind looking foolish go to the Jurassic office and ask for your money back.

Juristic Person (the legal term for the condominium management) Excuse me for the correction. 

15 hours ago, kennw said:

Juristic Person (the legal term for the condominium management) Excuse me for the correction. 

Your correction is not quite correct.

Condominium Juristic Person is the term used to denote the legal status of the building.

Juristic Person Manager(JPM) is a regular person who is responsible for the well being of the building .

The JPM reports to the committee. The committee is responsible to the co -owners.

Not just condos. Most Moobaan villages also have maintenance fees. Gym and pool closed due to government decree but streets are still swept, gardens still maintained, pool still cleaned, etc. About the only thing not being done is cleaning at the gym since it's been locked tight.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:01 AM, MasterBaker said:

is there any legal relieve against of fees for something we do not use and pay for?

Yes, as an example go and ask immigration for a refund of your unused re-entry permit fee from last year.  I think they may even add interest to the refund.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, treetops said:

Yes, as an example go and ask immigration for a refund of your unused re-entry permit fee from last year.  I think they may even add interest to the refund.

Maybe he can get a voucher for this year's?? 55555