Unidentified woman falls from closed building on Walking Street overnight

Jonathan Fairfield

1624137251349.jpeg

Walking Street, Pattaya-

An unidentified woman fell an estimated four meters from a closed commercial building on Walking Street in South Pattaya around 11:30 P.M. last night, June 19th, 2021.

Walking Street has been nearly completely closed due to government Covid-19 control orders that have seen entertainment venues shuttered for about two and a half months currently with no end in sight.

Sawang Boriboon emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a Thai woman about 35-years-old lying in a pool of blood and screaming in pain.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/20/unidentified-woman-falls-from-closed-building-on-walking-street-overnight/

PattayaNews.jpg

10 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

balcony?....they should be outlawed in LOS, as they seem deadly from news feeds...or are farang specific?

Farang specific.  The height of the rails is often below the centre of gravity for farangs, but fine for the shorter Thai's.

In this case though, she fell only 4m, I don't go to WS much, but I can't remember any residential balconies there, certainly none that low.  It does seem like a short fall for serious injury.

5 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Farang specific.  The height of the rails is often below the centre of gravity for farangs, but fine for the shorter Thai's.

Not to mention the Thai people know it's not safe to lean over the short railings.  Those of us from the nanny states never had to learn.

11 hours ago, DefaultName said:

In this case though, she fell only 4m, I don't go to WS much, but I can't remember any residential balconies there, certainly none that low.  It does seem like a short fall for serious injury.

The OP stated a commercial  building, whatever that means. 

There are a few bars with upper levels around soi Diamond, and perhaps an opportunity to lean on a railing. 

23 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

balcony?....they should be outlawed in LOS, as they seem deadly from news feeds...or are farang specific?

She fell from a closed commercial building... maybe she was a nigh-time cat burglar who slipped & fell?

14 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Maybe evolution as Ive been on many thai balconies and lived to tell, and know well enough to keep my distance from a much lower one, esp from a "deadly" height

But that just me..Im the exception perhaps...