Thai Riceberry Rice Wins Bronze Medal at France’s ’Fine Grocery’ Contest

webfact

2bee9cd50874c892503b19ac7f1ed46c_small.jpg

By Woraprat Lerpaisal

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Department of International Trade Promotion has announced that Thailand’s riceberry rice won a bronze medal at France’s “Fine Grocery” contest this week.

Department Director-General Somdet Susomboon said French importer Naga-Gold company had sent the riceberry rice to take part in the contest and won the bronze medal.

He said the “Fine Grocery” contest was organized as part of the Epicures 2021 event. The department expects that the bronze medal will draw more customers’ interest in Thai rice, especially in France.

In the “Fine Grocery” contest, Dlice de Saint Orens’ foie gras and Bidaian’s Tajine spice won the gold medal. The silver medal went to Maison Telme’s rice mixed with herb and spice.

nnt.jpg

55 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I use this type... prefer it to the white stuff.

I do a mix, India Gate long grain basmati rice being the bulk with a handful of rice-berry for added taste.

Thai Jasmine rice seems to have lost it's flavour to me.

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I do a mix, India Gate long grain basmati rice being the bulk with a handful of rice-berry for added taste.

Thai Jasmine rice seems to have lost it's flavour to me.

Yes I sometimes mix it with a Thai brown rice too. Wife's in-laws are big into organic farming and 'specialty'' rice, so always have a supply. The stuff  that comes from the Mrs village does come across as lacking in taste, despite smelling good when being cooked. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I sometimes mix it with a Thai brown rice too. Wife's in-laws are big into organic farming and 'specialty'' rice, so always have a supply. The stuff  that comes from the Mrs village does come across as lacking in taste, despite smelling good when being cooked. 

I do eat Thai brown rice sometimes, but it comes across with a porridge type flavour... I don't mind that so much as it reminds me of winter breakfasts long ago.

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I prefer the Thai brown rice. My favorite is rice that separates well during cooking, like a long grain Basmati, cooked properly. I find that while RiceBerry has a decent flavor...it clumps together far too easily, almost like  Sticky rice. I just bought some "Sprouted brown rice" which I guess is supposed to be rice that has been partially germinated...supposed to be healthier...have yet to try it. Maybe this week.

35 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I do eat Thai brown rice sometimes, but it comes across with a porridge type flavour... I don't mind that so much as it reminds me of winter breakfasts long ago.

Yummy, hot, milky Scott''s Porridge Oats on a cold winter morning.... sugar not salt though, I am English!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yummy, hot, milky Scott''s Porridge Oats on a cold winter morning.... sugar not salt though, I am English!

Hot porridge, a sprinkle of sugar and a table-spoon of golden syrup..  that would keep the frost off.

• Like 1