General entry requirement T.8 and Declaration form on embassy website

Me again.

The T.8 form is straight forward enough, but on the Declaration Form it asks for address of residence and mobile phone number in Thailand. I have neither of these. Do they mean the ASQ hotel? And they ask for details of two other people, including their passport numbers. But I am travelling alone. Do I leave these sections blank?

Thanks

SD

• Haha 1

I think you are referring to the 3 page declaration form (there are lots of forms to fill out)

I was not asked for this once but for the record I put address after ASQ, a mates contact details in Thailand and a relatives in Australia. Just fill the gaps.

Just about every other piece of paper is checked many times.

I made three copies to bring of the Declaration form none were checked or taken including airline check in the US and arrival in Thailand. Heard same from all others, a waste of paper accept to doodle on after you arrive at ASQ. Use any mobile number. For the contacts, think something up. 

The T.8 is what they want at Swampy. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

Of all the forms required to check in at airline and on arrival in Bangkok the declaration form(3 Pages) was the only one not required.

As mentioned above the TM 8 is required at BKK

Edited by ozfarang

14 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Sorry, but what 3-page declaration form are you talking about? Have not seen ANY mention of such form during my COE process...

It is not required for the COE.

But it and the T8 form is required for entry on some embassy websites.

This embassy webpage shows it under this heading.

Checklist for the documents each passenger need to have for going to Thailand. They must present these to the airlines and the Thai authorities.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not required for the COE.

But it and the T8 form is required for entry on some embassy websites.

This embassy webpage shows it under this heading.

Checklist for the documents each passenger need to have for going to Thailand. They must present these to the airlines and the Thai authorities.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Ok, thanks. The website of the Thai embassy in Bern, Switzerland does NOT mention that form. I'll probably download it just as well to be on the safe side.

On 6/21/2021 at 7:09 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think the are asking about where you will be staying after quarantine.

If a hotel you could use that number. Or put none if you don't have a mobile number.

Can you really enter without a mobile phone? I thought you not only must have a phone, but also must install the Thaichana app on the phone as part of the conditions for entry.

34 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Can you really enter without a mobile phone? I thought you not only must have a phone, but also must install the Thaichana app on the phone as part of the conditions for entry.

From reports I have seen they do not ask for it from everybody.

For people arriving here for the first time they would not have a phone that would work here until they got a sim card.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

From reports I have seen they do not ask for it from everybody.

For people arriving here for the first time they would not have a phone that would work here until they got a sim card.

You can use a home country phone with "Data roaming".  I have used my android US T-Mobile account based phone all over Thailand including in the jungles and mountains north and south.  Samsung  - Settings: Connections: Mobile networks: click to activate Data roaming. Text messages are free but calls are expensive. so a second phone gets a Thai network sim card after arrival for most local calls.