roadtax / insurance/ inspection

16 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

OK, my SUV is 10 years old has 53 K  on the odometer, to obtain THE ANNUAL tax-sticker, I must make the roadworthy inspection. Pay roadtax and insurance.

wiht the prominent year displayed.

does not matter how many kilos on the clock, just age of vehicle

5 hours ago, canthai55 said:

But if vehicle was in her name, and she reported the book lost, and was issued a new book, yours is no longer valid.

Car in her name in new book. Yours useless, which would explain why you must go to the see her and get the new book.

And

5 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Sounds like yet another - I bought and paid for the ____, but put it in the wifes name as it was "easier"

Earlier comment from the OP as follows:

13 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

wrong, I still have on hand the original registration booklet in my name,wise guy.

It appears that the OP's wife may have filed a false claim of loss of the blue book with the police. To obtain a replacement book, she probably furnished a fake Power Of Attorney along with the police report to the Land Transport Office. The LTO don't appear do much due diligence on these.

There was a TV member posted a story maybe five years back where a former employee in his office used a fake PoA to transfer one of the company vehicles ownership to her name. She then obtained finance on it. Subsequently she was fired or quit due to unrelated matters. The first the company owner knew of the issue was when the new vehicle lien holder came to repossess the vehicle, a vehicle that he had already bought and paid for. Apparently the ex-employee had defaulted on her finance and done a runner so they came after her at her listed work address and found "their" vehicle. Bonus!

The PoA was deemed legal despite being obviously obtained fraudulently and the lawyer that drafted the PoA also faced no legal action. It took months to sort out even after the thief was tracked down, arrested and 'fessed up. She said she was broke (gambling addict) and the old krieng jai rubbish kicked in with the original owner going further out of pocket in order to get his company vehicle back. I think they had to pay what she owed the finance company to make them to support a legal PoA to transfer ownership and get it back.

Lawyer up.

Edited by NanLaew

You can pay the Tabien/Tax in any locale/province. Thailand has centralized databases too.

The only requirements are; a concurrent  government insurance at '645.21 Baht' ; a certificate from 'a' testing center and the payment of the tax liability. It's common for local testing centers to provide a full service, for this.

Probably a lot cheaper than using an agent that needs commission to operate, whilst doing something that you could do locally.

Edited by alacrity
ommitance

On 6/23/2021 at 12:03 PM, NanLaew said:

And

Earlier comment from the OP as follows:

It appears that the OP's wife may have filed a false claim of loss of the blue book with the police. To obtain a replacement book, she probably furnished a fake Power Of Attorney along with the police report to the Land Transport Office. The LTO don't appear do much due diligence on these.

There was a TV member posted a story maybe five years back where a former employee in his office used a fake PoA to transfer one of the company vehicles ownership to her name. She then obtained finance on it. Subsequently she was fired or quit due to unrelated matters. The first the company owner knew of the issue was when the new vehicle lien holder came to repossess the vehicle, a vehicle that he had already bought and paid for. Apparently the ex-employee had defaulted on her finance and done a runner so they came after her at her listed work address and found "their" vehicle. Bonus!

The PoA was deemed legal despite being obviously obtained fraudulently and the lawyer that drafted the PoA also faced no legal action. It took months to sort out even after the thief was tracked down, arrested and 'fessed up. She said she was broke (gambling addict) and the old krieng jai rubbish kicked in with the original owner going further out of pocket in order to get his company vehicle back. I think they had to pay what she owed the finance company to make them to support a legal PoA to transfer ownership and get it back.

Lawyer up.

YES,YES,YES onall counts the bitch who is still my wife ( she did the same with all 3 other cars and 4 motorcycles, she has a friend incahoot at the local DOMV in Thai= KHUN SONS /DLT. . She did the same with our house previously in 2006, had a face  power of attorny as well, I had a lawyer in the town of Thoeng and I  sendt him to the DLT and got it confirmed that she changed the ownership of the SUV into her name, the hocked the car for375 K baht, the  company wanted me to pay the premiums for the dept on the car.I took my car and left.. THE house was also hocked for 375K baht and the company wanted from me to pay the wifes dept.. I did again send my lawer to court, the judge said, the money is probobly gone I should file for divorce,The law office of SEENHANAT PRAYUNGRAT IN BANGKOK agreed to handle my cases BUT they wanted upfront 500.000 baht to claim the house,( court costs not included) and 200 000 baht for the car reclaiming, I declained and they dropped their service.I .f I file for divorce I have to pay the landoffice 2 % of the value of the house, there are other parcels of land adjacent to the house which she morgaged or sold.I have 2 kids  studying in Bangkok and  I run out of money and options to get the car and house back.. Any idea haw I should proceed?, I     I I stay now in the dorm of my kids. BTW, I am retired 77 years old and have a small pension. Going back to the old country is no option ll my folk there  has died and I want to stay in Thailnd with my kids.

On 6/23/2021 at 6:40 AM, canthai55 said:

But if vehicle was in her name, and she reported the book lost, and was issued a new book, yours is no longer valid.

Car in her name in new book. Yours useless, which would explain why you must go to the see her and get the new book.

the wifey has fraudently changed the name inthe registration book..The car/SUV is with me, I am somewhere near Bangkok and must on-date let the car be inspected, pay tax and insurance again.I dont care in which name is the car now.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, alacrity said:

You can pay the Tabien/Tax in any locale/province. Thailand has centralized databases too.

The only requirements are; a concurrent  government insurance at '645.21 Baht' ; a certificate from 'a' testing center and the payment of the tax liability. It's common for local testing centers to provide a full service, for this.

Probably a lot cheaper than using an agent that needs commission to operate, whilst doing something that you could do locally.

alacrity, thank you,Thailand is a BANANA-REPUBLIC AND ALWAYS WILL BE..

The wife took as well the house papers and hocked it,She took the money to pay her gambling depth,80 % of Thai ladys are gambling (gan panan) especially when married with a Farang-Dong= pickled foreigner,90 % of marriages of foreigners married to a Thai are sucked dry, its time for us to translate all papers, BUT at 1000 baht per page/document who can afford it???Interconsultant a Law/consultancy at Soy22 Thonglor  is ownwd by Seenhanat Prayoonrat, he used to handle many legal cases for me, Marriage/Divorcce my own company and more, after the Fiasco with DSI he was  prosecuted and works now as consultant for INTERCO>

On 6/23/2021 at 12:03 PM, NanLaew said:

The PoA was deemed legal despite being obviously obtained fraudulently and the lawyer that drafted the PoA also faced no legal action.

Not sure why one would engage a lawyer to draft up a PoA when the form itself can be download and filled out easily.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Not sure why one would engage a lawyer to draft up a PoA when the form itself can be download and filled out easily.

THAIS are crooks at heart, even your own wife and her family robs your blind, Iwas taken to the cleaners, courts tell me todivorce her, obviously cheating robbing and lying to the police is no obvious reason,Its Peu Thai= For Thais

1 hour ago, kraxlhuber said:

THAIS are crooks at heart, even your own wife and her family robs your blind, Iwas taken to the cleaners, courts tell me todivorce her, obviously cheating robbing and lying to the police is no obvious reason,Its Peu Thai= For Thais

Yeah  sorry to hear you  got stooged but it aint a Thai thing.. Happens world over.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

so it should pass the stupid test without any problems.....go get it tested

Ihope so as the ownership is disputed.Even so, the car must be tested abd insured again (will expire end of this month).It seems tiome that the ownership of any vehicle can be bought, corruptin is rampant at the DLT, so many vehicles get stolen daily and get registered under a new name.TIT= this is thailand.

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

Ihope so as the ownership is disputed.Even so, the car must be tested abd insured again (will expire end of this month).It seems tiome that the ownership of any vehicle can be bought, corruptin is rampant at the DLT, so many vehicles get stolen daily and get registered under a new name.TIT= this is thailand.

As of today the SUV is injured under my name and roadtax payed until end of month.Iwill try to get it inspected, pay the tax and insurance.

Blame the DLT, blame everybody but who is at fault.

Corrupt (insert name/department/race/class/gender/shoe size) here ...

People ask for sympathy for their actions - THEIR actions.

They are given answers to their questions, but do not stop the "O Woe is Me" tirade

Do what needs to be done, and put the cause down to "The continuing Cost of my Education"

6 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

As of today the SUV is injured under my name and roadtax payed until end of month.Iwill try to get it inspected, pay the tax and insurance.

can not get TAX until tested and bit of paper is issued to you to show it has been tested !!!!

18 hours ago, canthai55 said:

They are given answers to their questions, but do not stop the "O Woe is Me" tirade

Do what needs to be done, and put the cause down to "The continuing Cost of my Education"

SMART ALexes, yeah!

On 6/28/2021 at 6:10 AM, canthai55 said:

thank you for the encouragement.

True , we blame ourselfs the least when all goes wrong

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:57 AM, tinca tinca said:

can not get TAX until tested and bit of paper is issued to you to show it has been tested !!!!

now I have tested my car for roadworthyness, all they did was checking the emission of the engine and lights,cost me 5.100 baht.Today Iwill pick up my car.

OK, the bill was for insurance, road tax and testing.