roadtax / insurance/ inspection

I was told by an agent who processed my previous  papers that I have to go first to the inspection shop (Tua Suphap) to inspect the car Now the agent informed me that I have bring the car to Chiag Rai ion etc.do the application there (Road insectand where I was previously registed It is not possible for me to drive to Chiang Rai from Pathumthani which is a RED COVID,in case I got stopped by the police. Iam staying in Pathumthani because my Daughter was studying here.now my son is studying as well.

What can I do now, Istill have the 2564 roadtax sticker.

• Haha 1

No agent needed.  Also if the vehicle is 7 years old or less you do not need the safety/smog check either.  The only other thing you need is the Pa Ra Ba insurance, the cheap one.  DLT have insurance agents located there or if you have to do a safety check they can sell you the insurance too.  It's only around 600-700 baht.  But if you have the insurance already don't buy it again.

Also you can do at any DLT office.

Edited by rwill

The agent is telling you BS. I have a Vios with Chiang Mai plates, been doing the roadworthy test, insurance and registration in Phan ( Chiang Rai province ) for the last two years.

11 hours ago, Crossy said:

I wouldn't bother with an agent.

Any of the inspection places (blue and yellow cogwheel sign) will sort your inspection, compulsory insurance and road tax for a nominal fee. You will need your original vehicle registration book.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjH70KUjffqznAWt10XSW

Unless there is something awry with your registration etc. there should be no need to trek to CR. Did your agent say why he thought you needed to go to CR?

The agent said, my registration booklet is not identical with the one at the  office (Por Lo Por) in Chiang Ra unless my wiife had changed the SUV in her name? I am not on speaking terma  with her. seperated from her for 4 yearsIf she did that probably recently  than I am screwed what could i do now? The agent said  I need to trek to Chiang Rai and sort things out with the car.I am goin last  years the inspection office (Tua Suphap)  on the  29 of June to the   Inspectionoffice here in Rangsit and get the car inspected if they have no objections about the registration book. I am not trekking to Chiang Rai I read somewhere  that in orderto pay the  road tax and  insurance and show the receipt to the police  when stopped, as the  road tax sticker is  for the year 2546, I never have seen the pictured inspection sticker, for the.Tua Suphap.

d inspection and  see what happens then. i still coul dthan go to Chaeng wattana soi10 and  letthem sort all out with the  Registration booklet.Ok, I did the inspections for the last 4 years here in  Pathumthani with no objections  with my  Registration booklet out of a sudden the agent here said I must go to Chiang Rai and sort things out,  the DLT there says the original? booklet is not Jiving with the book i have in hand since many years. What can I do? looks like my estranged wife went to the Por lo Por office and had a new reg. booklet issued in her name?

11 hours ago, irwinfc said:

as long as registration book is in order, where road tax gets paid doesn't matter. been paying in chiang mai rfor car with bangkok plate for years. 

Iam here in Pthumthani because my kids are studying here in Rangsit and Bangkok, Igot stuck here not going back to Chiang Rai, is there a way to change the registration of theSUV here to a local plate?

I am aware thats not easy, the SUV is 10 years old and has only 55 KLIX on the odometer.

Got my slightly older bat-mobile Chinese pickup taxed and sticker last week in CM...equiv of the DVLA...office just opposite the Holiday Inn....Drive in park... lots of building work going on ..but never mind...Tax paid round the corner and sticker disc in main office...about 15 minutes then out...Already had the chop for LPG ok..up near Hang Dong...on the way to Makro....Global Road...again..about 10 minutes...and thats it for another year...if it lasts.. that long...must be positive..Chai..

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

Iam here in Pthumthani because my kids are studying here in Rangsit and Bangkok, Igot stuck here not going back to Chiang Rai, is there a way to change the registration of theSUV here to a local plate?

I am aware thats not easy, the SUV is 10 years old and has only 55 KLIX on the odometer.

so it needs testing, most test places will offer to get the tax for you

15 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

looks like my estranged wife went to the Por lo Por office and had a new reg. booklet issued in her name?

If the original book was in her name, and now DLT says they do not match the vehicle, good chance she reported the book lost and had a new book issued.

The go to the Rai and sort it out means go see the registered owner and sort it out.

If estranged - some butt smooching may be required.

Edited by canthai55

6 hours ago, canthai55 said:

If the original book was in her name, and now DLT says they do not match the vehicle, good chance she reported the book lost and had a new book issued.

The go to the Rai and sort it out means go see the registered owner and sort it out.

I rather smoothe the Mop in the locker, the bitch pulled the same with another of my cars, reported the book lost to the police which is a faud, in Thailand it is nearly impossible to prosecute ones wife  wit childrens involved. Idont  slink off to chiang rai if stopped by the fuzz and be put in quarantaineas I  live now in a red COVID19 zone.

9 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

a car/truck only needs testing if it is over 7 years old.......motorbike is 5 years

OK, my SUV is 10 years old has 53 K  on the odometer, to obtain THE ANNUAL tax-sticker, I must make the roadworthy inspection. Pay roadtax and insurance.

wiht the prominent year displayed.

3 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

I rather smoothe the Mop in the locker, the bitch pulled the same with another of my cars, reported the book lost to the police which is a faud, in Thailand it is nearly impossible to prosecute ones wife  wit childrens involved. Idont  slink off to chiang rai if stopped by the fuzz and be put in quarantaineas I  live now in a red COVID19 zone.

OP has some typos, ignore them.

9 hours ago, canthai55 said:

The go to the Rai and s as she did preciciously that with my other cars and motorcyclestion book changedort it out means go see the registered owner and sort it out.

looks like she has the name in the registration booklet changed into her name. les, I went to the police then She did the same with the other cars and motorcycycles.

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

looks like she has the name in the registration booklet changed into her name. les, I went to the police then She did the same with the other cars and motorcycycles.

OK, she made  such a statement to the police ....the book as lost, 

3 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

OK, she made  such a statement to the police ....the book as lost, She lied to the police which is a felony.

I am still holding the original reg.booklet,  I have the original purchase contract.

But if vehicle was in her name, and she reported the book lost, and was issued a new book, yours is no longer valid.

Car in her name in new book. Yours useless, which would explain why you must go to the see her and get the new book.

• Confused 1