Allocation of vaccine all above board, no favors or privilege says CCSA chief

webfact

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

His lips are moving.

Why even bother saying this? No one believes it, and it makes the official look like a doofus.

In fact, I'd argue that if the regime's officals aren't prioritizing higher status Thais then they are violating the Thai social contract.

This is an excellent example of Thai culture. The distance between truth and fiction in speech is unimportant. 

Speech here is used primarily to protect relationships and not to exchange accurate information. 

Fundamental cultural difference between Thais and Farangs 

On 6/22/2021 at 8:50 AM, DLock said:

Whilst I fully agree with this...how many front line health workers (and other front line workers) and volunteers are there?

Surely you must have vaccinated them all by now.

Well that's a good question, but every Tambon has volunteers, there are 4 just in our village alone who all had their second jab on 14/6.

I got my first AZ shot at Phyathai 2 Hospital yesterday.

After multiple failed attempts to get the website to work, I went into Phyathai 2 about 1.5 weeks ago. I left my details and they said that they would email me; I had no very strong hopes that I would hear anything from them! However I did  them an injustice, as I got an appointment for yesterday by email. 

There were a lot of people there, and I queued up with the others. Anyway it was all quite well managed given the large number of people. My appointment was for 1.30 pm, I arrived at 1 pm, and it was all over including blood pressure check and vaccination, plus 30 minutes "observation" for adverse reactions by about 3.30 pm. So well done Phyathai 2 hosital! Efficient and well managed. 

No issues after being vaccinated, apart from a small headache.

The people being vaccinated were mostly 60+ foreigners, like me, but there was quite a number of 20 something Thai bimboes, who had presumably fluttered their eyelashes to jump the queue. No surprises there!

2nd shot not until September. But even the first shot markedly reduces your risk getting Covid, and of dying if you do get it. 

I must say that my wife, in her early 60's, has not managed to get a vaccination in Khao Yai area, despite asking for it weeks and weeks ago. But a lot of local people have had it, including many people much younger than her. So I guess locally it all depends on who you know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnB1945 said:

After multiple failed attempts to get the website to work, I went into Phyathai 2 about 1.5 weeks ago. I left my details and they said that they would email me

Not exaclty a registration process that scales to millions, but yes it is quaint.

Well yesterday the 22 got my 6 chemo treatment at the Chiang Rai Government Hospital and all the staff are scared witless as 36 of the doctors, nurses and other medical staff tested positive and are now out of action and quarantining at home and none she told me in the whole hospital have had any shot what's so ever. Now this is coming from a  professional nurse but I could prove it validity just take it for what it is up here  in the hinterland the rollout is going a glacial speed. I have been trying for some time to use the app to no avail have it down loaded and have had family members try and negotiate the site but no appointments for me yet. age 70