Expired Thai passport

Hi to all, Are there any Australian expats out there that may have been through this problem.

My Thai wife has a current Australian tourist visa which expires October 2022.  She has just renewed her Thai passport (PP) which expired recently. Now she has a new passport with a new PP number. Her Australian tourist visa has the old PP number. My question is, does she have to apply for a new Tourist Visa or travel with two passports until her Australian tourist visa expires.

Yes, I have tried to contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok by email and phone, however, at the moment they are not responding to emails and their phone system is automated and you get transferred to Australia with no help there. Tried ringing Australian Border Force however, they are inundated with phone calls and the wait time is beyond a joke. 

So, any info or help would be grateful.

How much travelling in and out of Australia does she expect to do in the next 12 months?

An ex travelled with both passports for ages but that was many years ago, assuming there's no real rush, email them.