Covid-19 patients who had to live in tents due to lack of hospital beds finally finds care

webfact

ti.jpg

By Pear Maneechote

Seven people infected with Covid-19 who made headlines around the country for camping outside their flats in Din Daeng due to the lack of hospital beds has been given help, an official told Thai Enquirer on Tuesday.

“They have now been transferred to the Hospitel at Baiyoke Tower II,” Wan Uthaisri, the Head of Environment and Sanitation of the Din Daeng District Office told Thai Enquirer.

The District worked with the National Housing Authority of Thailand in relocating the patients and the tents have been removed.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/28850/covid-19-patients-who-had-to-live-in-tents-due-to-lack-of-hospital-beds-finally-finds-care/

ti.jpg
  • Sad 3

Ambulances have been running around the capital picking up people.  Had 3 roll into the side Soi where they picked up 2 early in the afternoon and then last night rolled in and picked up another.  PPE wearing man spraying around them as they moved the person to the ambulance and then back to the front of the residence where they sprayed again.  Lets see what today brings on that Soi.  It is one where we support a few families further down it, but have not heard from them in over 2 weeks, so we wonder where they may have gone, I hope they were not transported away.  The phone number we have for the one family just keeps going unanswered and then to the message.

• Like 1

Do you know if any local insurance companies offer compensation if someone tests positive for covid 19? If yes, then maybe that's part of the problem why we are seeing a spike recently in specific areas.. ????

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Seven people infected with Covid-19 who made headlines around the country for camping outside their flats in Din Daeng due to the lack of hospital beds has been given help, an official told Thai Enquirer on Tuesday.

Thailand in control.

Meanwhile Bangkok has only 20 emergency beds left available for COVID-19 patients.

"Citing information, as of June 21st, he said that severe cases have occupied 409 beds in state hospitals, leaving about 20 unoccupied beds to accommodate the severe cases, who include COVID-19 patients in need of surgery or emergency treatment"

Thai PBS World News

June 22, 2021

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Meanwhile Bangkok has only 20 emergency beds left available for COVID-19 patients.

"Citing information, as of June 21st, he said that severe cases have occupied 409 beds in state hospitals, leaving about 20 unoccupied beds to accommodate the severe cases, who include COVID-19 patients in need of surgery or emergency treatment"

Thai PBS World News

June 22, 2021

Let asymptomatic cases recover at home. Problem solved.

38 minutes ago, connda said:

Let asymptomatic cases recover at home. Problem solved.

The emergency beds are ICU and Critical care beds, not asymptomatic beds unfortunately.  I agree with you that without symptoms you should be able to isolate at home and once symptoms start then you call and they come pick you up for evaluation and to send you to wherever you need to go for treatment.

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The emergency beds are ICU and Critical care beds, not asymptomatic beds unfortunately.  I agree with you that without symptoms you should be able to isolate at home and once symptoms start then you call and they come pick you up for evaluation and to send you to wherever you need to go for treatment.

Works for those with a proper home but not those living in camps and dormitories! However Tent Cities on quarantine islands good alternative to expensive hotels

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Yes, I remember what a surge in morbidity there was. It's good that the state allocated at least tents so that patients could be isolated but at the same time be under the supervision of doctors. This is a very smart decision, and I support it. It's especially nice to look at it when you've been camping all your life and living in a tent is a pleasure for you. I live in Illinois, and I recently found this article -- https://midwestcamping.org/index.php/camping-in-illinois/, which has information about places worth visiting for every person who loves camping. I hope we will get rid of COVID completely someday.

22 hours ago, MorganAltavilla said:

Yes, I remember what a surge in morbidity there was. It's good that the state allocated at least tents so that patients could be isolated but at the same time be under the supervision of doctors