Heart Rate

Yellowtail

I take medication for high blood pressure. Each morning I check and record my blood pressure and pulse after my morning exercise.

My heart rate is typically low sixties, and the last several days it's been low seventies.

Why might there be a sudden jump?  

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Low seventies is well within the normal range...likely nothing to worry about. Low sixties is a bit low...perhaps now you are normalizing......Is the BP med a Beta Blocker ?

I don't know. It's Normetec which is Amlodipine / Olmesartan

I know the rate is not high, but it's been low sixties for six-months, and the last few days it's jumped to low seventies.

It did not creep up....

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I don't know. It's Normetec which is Amlodipine / Olmesartan

I know the rate is not high, but it's been low sixties for six-months, and the last few days it's jumped to low seventies.

It did not creep up....

Yeah...that should not affect your heart rate. Any other changes in diet or routine from prior readings ?

Just now, tonray said:

Yeah...that should not affect your heart rate. Any other changes in diet or routine from prior readings ?

Everything is the same. No change in meds, diet or treadmill routine...

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Everything is the same. No change in meds, diet or treadmill routine...

In the absence of blood test data or other clinical observations, one should not guess then. If it concerns you greatly, then see a doctor and at least get an ECG to see if anything seems amiss in heart rythm or electrical signaling. 

Likewise Each morning I check and record my Blood Glucose. blood pressure and pulse for many years...  

No idea why but pulse appear to being going lower each year....  Age ?  was high this morning @ 58, for last 14 days has been 50 - 55, mostly 53 or 54.. one day was 48 - 2 days later 64

Last year mostly 60 - 65, year before low 70's------- just looked 2015 was between 78 - 82

Edited by ignis

49 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

My heart rate is typically low sixties, and the last several days it's been low seventies.

Why might there be a sudden jump?  

Too much BP medicine, or this batch a little stronger than normal.

The lower your BP the higher your pulse ................ that's true for me anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I have no idea why your heart rate is higher than before but it is at a very healthy rate and assuming the pulse feels completely regular, I really would not worry about it.

Thanks, just the sudden bump that worried me. I feel fine....

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Too much BP medicine, or this batch a little stronger than normal.

The lower your BP the higher your pulse ................ that's true for me anyway.

That seems true for me as well, but the blood pressure has been pretty constant, and I've been on the dame medication for years. Dosage was reduced about six months ago, but it's the same med.

6 weeks ago I had something similar. My resting heartrate is about 56, but it had gone up to 65. Had a look on the net and came up with heat, and lack of water intake.  Your heart really has to pump if its over 30 degrees with high humidity. Got up a bit earlier and did my jog, then drank more water than normal. A few days and it came back down.

I too take blood pressure meds and am 69 years old. Try to jog 12-15 kilometers a day.

Edited by marin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marin said:

6 weeks ago I had something similar. My resting heartrate is about 56, but it had gone up to 65. Had a look on the net and came up with heat, and lack of water intake.  Your heart really has to pump if its over 30 degrees with high humidity. Got up a bit earlier and did my jog, then drank more water than normal. A few days and it came back down.

Yeah, may have been not enough water, thanks. I really need to watch I drink enough.

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That seems true for me as well, but the blood pressure has been pretty constant, and I've been on the dame medication for years. Dosage was reduced about six months ago, but it's the same med.

Not all batches of pills have the same strength.

The ones I buy vary by 1/2 a pill .......... so I have to adjust 2 1/2 or 3 depending on batch.

Don't assume quality control in Thailand is the same as the USA.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not all batches of pills have the same strength.

The ones I buy vary by 1/2 a pill .......... so I have to adjust 2 1/2 or 3 depending on batch.

Don't assume quality control in Thailand is the same as the USA.

Wow, that's amazing, I never would have thought.