Chonburi governor seeking to open Pattaya for foreign tourists later this year, talks about bar and service sector closures

webfact

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

we will be asking that only sellers who have been vaccinated will be allowed to work in local markets

With the dearth of available vaccines, these markets will not opening until late 2022.

• Like 2

Here the part concerning the entertainment industry - from the original article mentioned above. I guess this is the most important part for some. 

"We will not ease more restrictions and measurements now. There are still many confirmed cases. Many businesses, especially in the service/entertainment/music industry are asking to open and have sent letters and came to meet me in person. We understand and want everyone to have a job and income which can help the overall economy as well. Pattaya in particular has been hit hard by closures in the nightlife sector and we have heard the pleas of business owners loud and clear, but we simply cannot relax restrictions at this time with so many cases and a lack of vaccine supplies. We will discuss the issue carefully over the next few weeks and continue to evaluate the situation.” The governor concluded."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Here the part concerning the entertainment industry - from the original article mentioned above. I guess this is the most important part for some. 

"We will not ease more restrictions and measurements now. There are still many confirmed cases. Many businesses, especially in the service/entertainment/music industry are asking to open and have sent letters and came to meet me in person. We understand and want everyone to have a job and income which can help the overall economy as well. Pattaya in particular has been hit hard by closures in the nightlife sector and we have heard the pleas of business owners loud and clear, but we simply cannot relax restrictions at this time with so many cases and a lack of vaccine supplies. We will discuss the issue carefully over the next few weeks and continue to evaluate the situation.” The governor concluded."

They also know that if they open up the bars etc that many staff will return to Pattaya from other provinces, before many residents of Pattaya have been vaccinated, thus making an even bigger covid problem in Chonburi.

The only solution is to get on with vaccinating.    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

Where was this photo taken?

It that a foreigner being vaccinated in the background?  

I don't see anyone vaccinating him , i geuss he's there to make an appointment or on his already made appointment and hearing that that's been canceled .

2 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

i will say this again:  close all markets, you dummies!

Close them for how long, the rest of this year?

I live in a traditional Thai town, street markets in my area are in abundance and a hot-bed for infections.

Yet it's those markets that local Thais buy from daily, shut them  and many will either not have work or nothing to eat.

Wait for vaccinations they could be shut for the rest of the year.

The answer is as they say, keep them open, test and hospitalise the sick.

What happen to the 120 days?   Maybe while the leaders were glowing about the success of the first lock down they forget to prepare for the worse. Since the beginning of the pandemic particularly in the U.S. with Amazon and many poultry factories example they spread production to 24/7 so the workers can social distant, testing all this was done before a vaccine that included the many prison in the U.S. I guess that was all missed here! 

Your borders are still open to migrants particularly to those from Myanmar who just happen are leaving China and India by the hundred and thousand I guess no one further out where they might be headed, markets, factories etc..  ???? and yet to divert the problem they are back blaming the " tourist "

Edited by thailand49

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

They also know that if they open up the bars etc that many staff will return to Pattaya from other provinces, before many residents of Pattaya have been vaccinated, thus making an even bigger covid problem in Chonburi.

The only solution is to get on with vaccinating.    

Or something like this with a very good mask. But more seriously. The kind of this business is social gathering. They can't follow any rules. It didn't work in the past. On top of it the law enforcement mostly only happens if VERY many people complain. Just remember how many people easily found gambling locations as long as they had nothing to do with law enforcement.

images.jpeg.jpg

March till 11th April pattaya was a much reduced entertainment city and when I left in may even that was gone, was thinking of returning oct now mayb jan 22.

All the girls and workers have long gone, thousands of rooms they stayed before lie empty some derelict.

Some workers come to Bangkok first then pattaya but there is nothing open there  it will require big money to entice them feel sorry for business closing opening will be more difficult.

More was needed to save a high season

3 minutes ago, tomyami said:

March till 11th April pattaya was a much reduced entertainment city and when I left in may even that was gone, was thinking of returning oct now mayb jan 22.

All the girls and workers have long gone, thousands of rooms they stayed before lie empty some derelict.

Some workers come to Bangkok first then pattaya but there is nothing open there  it will require big money to entice them feel sorry for business closing opening will be more difficult.

More was needed to save a high season

Many girls discovered that they can earn a lot more money using the Internet for their activities than standing around every night at a bar. And also (clever) customers got the message that they can have fun without paying for lady drinks and bar fines. 

"We have been visiting all the major markets and industrial estates in the province and testing hundreds of people proactively which is how we have found recent clusters of Covid-19 as the vast majority of those found were completely asymptomatic and had no idea they were carrying the virus.”

It's like the Emporers clothes to the gov.

19 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Or something like this with a very good mask. But more seriously. The kind of this business is social gathering. They can't follow any rules. It didn't work in the past. On top of it the law enforcement mostly only happens if VERY many people complain. Just remember how many people easily found gambling locations as long as they had nothing to do with law enforcement.

images.jpeg.jpg

Funny photo, but this is an airborne disease.

I agree with your comments.  Thailand is so corrupt that nationwide enforcement in times like these proves to be difficult. 

Just look at the returning gamblers and hookers from Burma some months ago that started a big outbreak.  

Last year they allowed restaurants to server alcohol, so what did they do, become bars.  

Little wonder why there is a blanket rule of all bars closed.  The owners can't be trusted to to adhere to maximum numbers restrictions, and police can't be trusted to enforce owners adhere to the maximum numbers allowed.  End result, all closed, as a directive from central government.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

rebuilding patters like rebuilding germany after WW2 ...

There will be no need to rebuild by way of construction work, just rebuilding confidence in the tourism industry here. 

In many ways, construction work can be easier and quicker than rebuilding  tourism industry.  It will take time.

i think thailand should go the mexican way.

mexico never closed its borders, never imposed any lockdown.

this was calculated risk and pain taking, based on the economic realities of that country.

in mexico as in thailand, there are tens of millions of people with hardly any savings

and very low income. for them, not earning a salary for few weeks or months means simply

and literaly starvation to death.

hence it is better to count hundreads of daily deaths from corona and not

much more uncountable deaths from starvation, depression, desperation, violence and poverty.

• Sad 1