Future looking rosier for Koh Chang as hotels look forward to five day holiday in July

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Manager reported that many regulations had been eased by the authorities in Trat province in the east of Thailand prompting more hotels on the holiday island to reopen. 

But travel restrictions were still in place for people coming from Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani and Nonthaburi where infections of Covid-19 remain high.

These visitors need to show a negative test for Covid in the last 72 hours or evidence of vaccination and hotels are being strict on this said Manager. 

People from other provinces do not need to fulfill these requirements. 

6pm2.jpg

Picture: Manager

Saksit Mungkan of the Trat tourism business association said that more hotels were opening on the island and some that did were experiencing 60% occupancy rates. 

The island was looking forward to the financial bonanza of the long five day holiday from July 24th to 28th.

Saturday 24th is a Buddhist religious holiday, the 25th is Buddhist lent, Monday is the substitution day for the Saturday and Wednesday is HM King's birthday holiday. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-25
  • Sad 1

Don't get too excited. If the incompetent leadership doesn't get the situation under control the holidays (substitute) might be cancelled or strict travel restrictions/quarantine requirements introduced. The last thing they want is a stampede from Bangkok.

We have this up here: one guy coming home from Bangkok.

Welcome party with some lao khao.

Next day bringing his nephew to school.

After that tested positive.

Now: school closed after one full day of operation.

Poor kids. ☹️

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The island was looking forward to the financial bonanza of the long five day holiday from July 24th to 28th.

Sounds a tiny little bit delusional to me, considering the situation in and around Bangkok, but hey, I wish yous luck.

• Like 1

I've been on Koh Chang the past 4 weeks. I don't live in a red zone and was here last month too. Some Thai families arrive on the weekends but few tourists during the week.  It's been great. Here's a view from the KC Grande Resort. 

IMG_20210625_095452.thumb.jpg.a2e6a7ca027cd2fc3ddd178902d35aea.jpgIMG_20210624_120451.thumb.jpg.94d6100148f023e323964e01ca37e199.jpgIMG_20210623_182254.thumb.jpg.6307e056ee97818f134dc678e4542f1b.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, camble said:

I've stayed at five different 4-star resorts this month and they all asked where I traveled from. 

Well I can only say what happened to myself and my partner not questioned at all and the resort we stayed at is a large and well known but only 3 star, perhaps we cheap Charlie's don't come from    Hi so Bangkok or Chonburi ????????

37 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

Well I can only say what happened to myself and my partner not questioned at all and the resort we stayed at is a large and well known but only 3 star, perhaps we cheap Charlie's don't come from    Hi so Bangkok or Chonburi ????????

They must be desperate for business. Occupancy quadrupled this afternoon at the KC Grande, most likely they'll be clearing out on Sunday morning. 

There’s no gatekeeper at the ferry.  I visit Koh Chang frequently, in the places that didn’t know me I was asked to sign an affidavit declaring where I was arriving from, so if I lied and caused an outbreak I expect I could be held for crimInal liability.  It’s inaccurate to claim there are no covid controls.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:35 PM, KhunBENQ said:

the holidays (substitute) might be cancelled or strict travel restrictions/quarantine requirements introduced.

More likely the second option, I suspect, on the basis that we could well be talking about a complete rerun of The Great Songkran Fiasco 3 months on - with restaurant closures, booze bans, etc thrown into the mix for good measure as then.

Edited by OJAS

On 6/26/2021 at 8:20 AM, Scott Tracy said:

Nice to know the dates as my extension is due next month. Immigration will be closed during this period I assume. Need to get my ass in gear with insurance renewal, etc...

Closed.

Last office day July 23.

First office day (reopen) is July 29.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 6/25/2021 at 11:52 AM, webfact said:

I hope they realize there are another 5 months after July 29.

If they think they gonna save the year with these 5 days, they must be pretty desperate

On 6/26/2021 at 8:20 AM, Scott Tracy said:

Immigration will be closed during this period I assume.

And here is the flip-flop.

Extra holiday on Tuesday, July 27th has been cancelled.

Not much of a surprise.

So the long weekend stretches from Saturday 24 to Monday 26.

28th being a single holiday.

(I will try to find a second source for the information)

Edited by KhunBENQ