First Covid shot

KarenBravo

23 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

On the back cover (outside), same stickers given to thai ID cards at the time I was injected . One red sticker and one green. Also got the certificate mentioned 

Interesting you must have had your jabs as an expat with work permit.  Expats without work permit don't seem to be getting the stickers, except for Thais.

I was just curious.  It seems the certificate is the important thing.

22 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Interesting you must have had your jabs as an expat with work permit.  Expats without work permit don't seem to be getting the stickers, except for Thais.

I was just curious.  It seems the certificate is the important thing.

I did fall into that category. I also got a green certificate after second jab again issued at Junceylon. 

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

Did the certificate look like this?

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

Yes. For obvious reasons I won't post a photo but that's the certificate I got. It is stamped and signed by patong hospital whom I assume covered the Junceylon vaccination. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

Yes. For obvious reasons I won't post a photo but that's the certificate I got. It is stamped and signed by patong hospital whom I assume covered the Junceylon vaccination. 

Patong Hospital must have been running (staffing) your vaccination center.  When I was vaccinated last Friday the vaccination centers in Phuket Orchid Karon and Jungceylon were being staffed by Chalong Hospital.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

Patong Hospital must have been running (staffing) your vaccination center.  When I was vaccinated last Friday the vaccination centers in Phuket Orchid Karon and Jungceylon were being staffed by Chalong Hospital.

My second one was the 23rd so possibly they alternate hospitals etc. 

8 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Chalong hospital has definitely been responsible for those getting shots at Orchid Karon, a friend who's a nurse has been doing her shifts there since the Thais 1st started getting their vaccines at Orchid a few months ago.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PST said:

Yes, i think at present everyone has a date, but no time for their second jab. The lady speaking on the microphone said people would receive an sms with the appointment time, but that never happened ( at least for me) for the first appointment, so i think the time should be available via Phuketwin website.

If you go look at the website the date and time are shown. 

7 hours ago, PST said:

Yes, i think at present everyone has a date, but no time for their second jab. The lady speaking on the microphone said people would receive an sms with the appointment time, but that never happened ( at least for me) for the first appointment, so i think the time should be available via Phuketwin website.

If you go look at the website the date and time are shown. 

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

For some reason I was given a date at Phuket airport for my vaccination even though I live in Patong, and a few others I have met here in Patong have said that they were getting their jabs at Jungceylon, so I went along to try and change it, but they wouldn't change my appointment/date.

Just yesterday a friend went to Karon to get his done and said that it was quite quick and I was speaking to him at around 3:40 PM and thought that I would try to get in there, so I cancelled my appointment at the airport and immediately what came up on screen was the opportunity to go to Karon right there and then (4 PM actually) so I booked it and hurried to Karon.

I have to say that the whole operation went like clockwork despite there being many people, mostly Myanmar folk by the looks of things, although I did catch up with another New Zealander and a guy from Germany.

I was most impressed with the ability to be able to handle all the folk there, with very little waiting time in reality, so congratulations to the team at Karon – – a splendid job.

So .... no wine for you for a few days.  I listened carefully to the briefing lady and I seemed to hear just 2 day with of limited drinking. I googled it and Google say just 2 units for fist few days. So I abstained day, then 2 units day 2 and 3. Maybe I increase now  ????

5 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

So .... no wine for you for a few days.  I listened carefully to the briefing lady and I seemed to hear just 2 day with of limited drinking. I googled it and Google say just 2 units for fist few days. So I abstained day, then 2 units day 2 and 3. Maybe I increase now  ????

Oops.......too late LiK, as I got into about 3.5 glasses of wine last night, although it didn't help me sleep any better!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1