Covid-19 Kap Choeng Immigration staff

A 26 years old lady who works at Kap Choeng Immigration has Covid-19. (I'm guessing, by her age, it could be the "first contact/form-filler" lady under the covered parking area outside the office?) The timeline is in Thai only and I havent seen this mentioned anywhere here. I have no idea if the Immigration Office continues to be open. Anyone with any more info? It's dangerous out there, take care.

205400030_1349658212100846_145233586129140027_n.thumb.jpg.02ced28e523b1c41f51b8e65534512e0.jpg

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the Kap Choeng Immigration Office is going to be open tomorrow? Has it been disinfected since the Covid case was discovered? An hour ago the two biggest high Schools in Surin announced they are closing for the next week. That makes 3 high schools in Surin closed that I'm aware of. Silence from the private school in Surin.

I just had a conversation with my barber after I saw his two school -aged daughters on site. "Fourteen new cases in Kap Cheung/Meuang Surin".  'Schools in Surin closed for one week"  (I presume online learning is still happening.)

Call Kap Cheung Immigration at 044-559-128-9 if you want to know what the situation is there.

Mmmm, I'm due there on Saturday for a 90-day. Planning to go early next week but will ring first to check if open.

The arrangement since Covid began is that you wait outside and don't go in to the small crowded room: They collect your stuff outside & then deliver it back to you. Haven't been there on a morning when it was pelting down ...

On 6/27/2021 at 1:42 PM, rbkk said:

I thought all Immigration staff were already vaccinated? If not, why not? If so, the vaccine didn't work.

If you are vaccinated you can still get infected and infect others, which is why quarantine is still required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Do they mean Kap Choeng Immigration Office in Surin province?

I think the were writing about the boarder crossing near Kap Choeng.

I have read there is a office in the city of Surin now.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the were writing about the boarder crossing near Kap Choeng.

That would be the Chong Chom border crossing.

I've just done a Google search "Surin Immigration Office" and the Kap Choeng address and photo of building come up. It is confusing and worrying for visitors to....

6-5-1024x538-1.jpg

New Surin Immigration Complex in Kap Choeng being built. - Isaan Forum -  Thai Visa Forum

Welcome to Thai Visa Surin

Surin Immigration | Scheda Informativa

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดสุรินทร์

https://maps123.net/en/TH/none-p461381

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

It has been closed. This from another forum. I know this person.

went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed. The Kap Cheong phone number was on the window. I phone and they told me they were open.
Drove to Kap Cheong.
It was very busy. I could see they were testing a lot of people.
There were no seats to sit. I stood there with another farang who was with his wife. He very kindly went to look for a chair for me. But none available. I had been standing there for about 15 minutes leaning on my walking stick. It was getting very difficult.
He asked his wife to tell the IMO that I only required the 90 day report which was done in a short time.
I thanked the couple for there assistance. Lovely people. People like that restores ones faith in human nature.
I hope I meet up with them in Tha Tum one day and buy them a coffee at least.
Fortunately did not need to be close to other people there.
Fingers crossed.
It does tend to make one very nervous.

Now this is confusing!

1) Where are the 5 Covid-19 immigration officers from? Kap Choeng (Pics above) or Surin City about 70kms away?

2) Where are the immigrant workers being processed? Kap Choeng (Pics above) or Surin City about 70kms away?

I don't think Surin city is in play here. The Immigration office for Surin moved to Kap Choeng near (but not on) the border with Cambodia some years ago. Since we moved to Prasat in March 2017 we have only ever been to Immigration in Kap Choeng.

Then there is the actual border crossing (with of course associated Immigration people) at Chong Chom a few km (5 or so) further on heading SE from Kap Choeng.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I don't think Surin city is in play here. The Immigration office for Surin moved to Kap Choeng near (but not on) the border with Cambodia some years ago. Since we moved to Prasat in March 2017 we have only ever been to Immigration in Kap Choeng.

Then there is the actual border crossing (with of course associated Immigration people) at Chong Chom a few km (5 or so) further on heading SE from Kap Choeng.

"...went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed." (Covid-19 cases? Or the weekend? But Kap Choeng was open?)

So all the Covid-19 cases (And immigrant processing) could be at Chong Chom Border Crossing? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Now this is confusing!

1) Where are the 5 Covid-19 immigration officers from? Kap Choeng (Pics above) or Surin City about 70kms away?

2) Where are the immigrant workers being processed? Kap Choeng (Pics above) or Surin City about 70kms away?

All of the photos are photos I took and posted. The Surin City annex office is some 65 KM north of Kap Choeng. The Surin City  Immigration offices was closed yesterday from IO's who are in charge spreading the virus. Surin Immigration in Kap Choeng is the main office for Surin Provence. This office also has a  Suppression Unit on the south side of the building. They are tasked with the arrest of overstayers. 4 officer were out in the field and contacted and then spread the virus. That Suppression Unit has has been at Kap Choeng from 2012

BTW This photo I took.     It is looking back at the construction site for a new  multi story complex. image.png.a5659f2ab028856a8f0dee5773b978d0.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

All of the photos are photos I took and posted. The Surin City annex office is some 65 KM north of Kap Choeng. The Surin City  Immigration offices was closed yesterday from IO's who are in charge spreading the virus. Surin Immigration in Kap Choeng is the main office for Surin Provence. This office also has a  Suppression Unit on the south side of the building. They are tasked with the arrest of overstayers. 4 officer were out in the field and contacted and then spread the virus. That Suppression Unit has has been at Kap Choeng from 2012

BTW This photo I took.     It is looking back at the construction site for a new  multi story complex. image.png.a5659f2ab028856a8f0dee5773b978d0.png

Thanks for that!

So Surin City (annexe) Immigration is closed due to Covid-19.

Kap Choeng (Surin) Immigration is open(?) even though there are four reported cases?

Was the 26 year old female Covid-19 patient attached to the suppresion unit or dealing with the public as "first contact"?

There seem to be more than 5 people with Covid-19 and at 2, maybe 3, different locations......

• Sad 1

Doesn't this constitute a "Covid-19 Cluster"?

My next visit is not due until 22nd July, thank God. It's not right that people are using and being sent to a Covid-19 infection area. Shouldn't you have to quarantine after visiting Kap Cheong (Surin) Immigration? It should be closed for the safety of everyone.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the were writing about the boarder crossing near Kap Choeng.

Is not finish, And it be in Surin City.

Someone i know when he did his 90 days last week, Was told, That his next 90 days, He have to use the New office in Surin City.
So they must be very close to finish the moving there.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

Someone i know when he did his 90 days last week, Was told, That his next 90 days, He have to use the New office in Surin City.

"went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed." ........Or not yet open for business?

Isn't Surin City Immigration an extra office that has opened already but is temporarily closed due to Covid-19 infection?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JJ Madcow said:

It certainly is finished and has been open, prior to the IO getting Covid19.

It is my understanding that it is not "a move" of the office but rather an additional office. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rbkk said:

"went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed." ........Or not yet open for business?

Isn't Surin City Immigration an extra office that has opened already but is temporarily closed due to Covid-19 infection?

My friend was told it be in total new Buildings. 

And he be able to do 1 year extension and 90 days there.
He talk to the guy that going to be Boss there (What the guy say), So i think he be told the truth.
But this is after all Thailand, So people have to wait and see when it open.

Only writing what he told me, But like i all ways say to people.
All ways go and find out them self to be sure.

Kindly.

36 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

My friend was told it be in total new Buildings. 

And he be able to do 1 year extension and 90 days there.
He talk to the guy that going to be Boss there (What the guy say), So i think he be told the truth.
But this is after all Thailand, So people have to wait and see when it open.

Only writing what he told me, But like i all ways say to people.
All ways go and find out them self to be sure.

Kindly.

The new Surin Government Complex on the ring road. Reports above of it already being open prior to to Covid-19 closure.

I wonder how many immigrant workers it took to build!

38 minutes ago, rbkk said:

My post from their facebook asking for covid-19 information 3 hours ago has been removed. They have not contacted me directly either. Head in the sand. Scary.

My post to Surin Immigration (Facebook) is saved in my Facebook history. Why would you remove and ignore it? Here it is....3.07pm

Reports of Covid-19 at Surin Immigration. Could you please confirm or deny. Are you still open? Which locations are infected?

Edited by rbkk
  • Haha 1