Is it worth coming now to Thailand for non - O visa ?

I hesitate to come to thailand now, becuase of fear of total lockdown on bangkok.

I want to issue a non-O retirement visa but wonder if all the hastle worth it at these times.

my worries are two:

1. Rejection of the visa application for whatever reason  and than the whole trip was uselss.

2. Total lockdown of bangkok that will make it impossible to travel to immigration and issue the non-O visa, or

any other required documents.

• Like 1

The Phuket sandbox requirements will on embassy websites Monday or Tuesday. That is a choice if you are fully vaccinated.

1. The denial of the 90 day non-o visa application would only happen if you did not meet financial requirements.

2. Bangkok is not the only place where you can apply for the visa.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The denial of the 90 day non-o visa application would only happen if you did not meet financial requirements.

last application was denied because of another missing form...

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

my understanding is that the application must be in the same place you reside, and i want to reside in bangkok

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The Phuket sandbox requirements will on embassy websites Monday or Tuesday. That is a choice if you are fully vaccinated.

1. The denial of the 90 day non-o visa application would only happen if you did not meet financial requirements.

Hi Joe, do you know if the visa exempt will be available for the Phuket sandbox or does everyone need a visa before travelling? Im fully vaccinated and from the UK. 

2 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Hi Joe, do you know if the visa exempt will be available for the Phuket sandbox or does everyone need a visa before travelling? Im fully vaccinated and from the UK. 

You can enter visa exempt.

Info is at the bottom of this page on the embassy website now. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I DISCOVERED on this link that a new form is required - declaration form.

on this form i must mention the names of two contact persons.

but i do not have two contact persons, at least not ones that will aggree to give

their passport numbers and address to the thai military government.

what shall i do not? is it all over ?

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD
non
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

last application was denied because of another missing form...

my understanding is that the application must be in the same place you reside, and i want to reside in bangkok

Dont know what your issue is. 90 day Non O based on Retirement from your own country. 40k outpatient and 400k inpatient plus $100k Covid insurance is whats required. Forget any past visas they are long gone. You can convert to an extension of stay in Thailand meeting the financial requitements if you wish

Edited by jimn

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not true. The Thai Embassy in Sweden has no information of this on their website.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It says direct flights to Phuket only and not allowed to transit through BKK. How would someone from the UK get there as theres no direct flights to Phuket? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misterphil said:

It says direct flights to Phuket only and not allowed to transit through BKK. How would someone from the UK get there as theres no direct flights to Phuket? 

It's domestic transfers that are not allowed, i.e. in BKK.  QR and EK, amongst others, have been announced as flying into HKT.  Also, TG are promoting direct flights from London starting 3 July., if these happen or not remains to be seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Upnotover said:

It's domestic transfers that are not allowed, i.e. in BKK.  QR and EK, amongst others, have been announced as flying into HKT.  Also, TG are promoting direct flights from London starting 3 July., if these happen or not remains to be seen.

Got this from a good source. 

Hi Phil,
There are direct flights from Singapore, Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi.  You can transit through these airports.  Thai Airways has scheduled flights and will start one weekly flight direct to Phuket from London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Copenhagen and Paris.  The flight from London departed London on Saturdays and the flight from Phuket to London is on Fridays.  You can find these flights on Thai Airways website.