Mercedes Benz oil change / service, how much do you pay and where ? As good as official benz dealer for cheaper ?

33 minutes ago, benzw205 said:

If you know any please tell me how much you pay to change your oil and full service ? and where ?

Don't know about South and Cockpit outlets but the one we have in Sukhothai is excellent see late Merc's & BM's being serviced  when I go there for servicing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Just ask any Merc or BMW owner - their car is the Pinnacle of automotive excellence.

You MUST have a 24 karat gold plated, Harvard trained mechanic to remove the oil pan drain plug. Not to mention to remove the filler cap and add oil.

No mere mortal is qualified, and to be an owner you must be in a group like Mensa

Long stayers know a Status symbols is very important to Thais and mostly the ones who have Merc & BM do have the money and willing to pay the price. 

I like Merc's but found BMs better in UK, I do like the top of range S Merc but my boss was the only one allowed to have one as a company car, he let me drive it when my car was in for service.  

I wouldn't have either here if I had that kind of money to waste on a car.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, leba said:

Totally wrong !

And by the way, what nobody here seems to know, is that we pay MB stealer for their experience, not just to change oil.

But the Op wanted to know about oil change. I have a mate who is fed up with his CLK. Going to sell it and buy another BMW. It is always at the dealer and never seems to come away at less than 50,000.

Another mate in UK has a Sprinter. Endless electrical problems. Drive it switch off for 10-20 mins, won't start. Next day fine. It was at the dealership a few times. 

Pinnacle of automotive engineering my donkey. But yes work well as taxis in Portugal.

2 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

but some shops use a vacuum machine to save time and mess.

More likely they use it to baffle the uninformed with tech.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, leba said:

Totally wrong !

And by the way, what nobody here seems to know, is that we pay MB stealer for their experience, not just to change oil.

I defy any Somchai who is not use to work on latest Mercs to find problems that could happen soon.

Of course a stealer always want to change parts early and fix things that could wait, but at the end it's our choice to change it or now, and as I don't want to be waiting under the sun that someone rescues me, as Somchai in his Toyokrap, I prefer to change parts earlier than later...

Your choice !

Somchai and his toyocrap is the only likely to be picking your sorry a$$ off of the road when your wonderfully built benz breaks down....enjoy the taxi ride home 555

Edited by DavisH
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Wanchiang Pattaya opposite side of Tesco Lotus supermarket on Sukhumvit road pattaya is impressive.

Seems new but all equipment and machines that Benz stealer has, and also ex benz staff.

I have never been to any Thai garage with such knowledge and equipment, maybe because the owner is foreigner.

https://www.facebook.com/Wanchiang-MBservice-103672691815970/

• Like 2

You may loose the warranty (if the car still has one), if you don’t have the car serviced at an authorized garage. In Thailand all official MB workshops are connected to a central MB data base, where they can see if the car has been regularly and properly serviced by an authorized workshop. 

The official garage also has a computer to check if the engine, exhaust and electronic systems are functioning properly, and if needed they will recommend preventive maintenance. Non-authorized garages may not have that.

If I spend that much money on a good car, I can and will also spend the money needed to have it properly serviced.

The exception to that is the replacement batteries for the key fob. MB once charged me 1,500 Baht for a set of two, but at 7-11 I can buy the exact same batteries for 35 Baht a piece. However, at 7-11 the package does not have the same prestigious brand logo as it has from the MB workshop ????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pdib said:

You may loose the warranty (if the car still has one), if you don’t have the car serviced at an authorized garage. In Thailand all official MB workshops are connected to a central MB data base, where they can see if the car has been regularly and properly serviced by an authorized workshop. 

The official garage also has a computer to check if the engine, exhaust and electronic systems are functioning properly, and if needed they will recommend preventive maintenance. Non-authorized garages may not have that.

If I spend that much money on a good car, I can and will also spend the money needed to have it properly serviced.

The exception to that is the replacement batteries for the key fob. MB once charged me 1,500 Baht for a set of two, but at 7-11 I can buy the exact same batteries for 35 Baht a piece. However, at 7-11 the package does not have the same prestigious brand logo as it has from the MB workshop ????

what is unbearable is the wait and queue, so annoying to even have to plan with an appointment.

only forced to use them when car is still under warranty, then happy to escape if possible, each bill his half of what it is at MB

now all good garages have MB computer and software, cf Bangna thomson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, mavi said:

Wanchiang Pattaya opposite side of Tesco Lotus supermarket on Sukhumvit road pattaya is impressive.

Seems new but all equipment and machines that Benz stealer has, and also ex benz staff.

I have never been to any Thai garage with such knowledge and equipment, maybe because the owner is foreigner.

https://www.facebook.com/Wanchiang-MBservice-103672691815970/

I talked to him to check his knowledge and he seems quite good.

I just hope that he controls his staff enough, as you cannot rely on any Thai staff when charging customers 2000 thb/ hour.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...