Bank Holiday 7/1

Why is July 1st a Bank holiday, and what does that exactly mean as my Transfers to my K-Bank account occur every 6 months and tomorrow is the scheduled day for it to be wired into the account.

• Like 1

It's not on the list of holidays, but even if it was all that would happen is your transfer would (might) be delayed by one day.

The systems are largely automatic these days and things happen even when there are no employeees to press the buttons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's not on the list of holidays, but even if it was all that would happen is your transfer would (might) be delayed by one day.

The systems are largely automatic these days and things happen even when there are no employeees to press the buttons.

Actually, back in December my transfer was delayed due to holidays...was waiting for car purchase funds..normally 1 day but took 3 due to closures.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's not a Public Holiday. It's literally a Holiday just for banks and happens every year.

At one time it was a bank holiday for a annual audit at the banks but it was done away with several years ago.

No holiday tomorrow that is a certainty.

See: https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/About-Us/Bank-Holidays

• Thanks 1

Back in the UK, the term "bank holiday" is used to describe public holidays which are observed by all and sundry, including banks. And banks there don't take additional days off of their own, unlike here in LOS!

And, as a Brit, I was initially puzzled as to why the OP was referring to a bank holiday on 7th January in the thread title!!

Edited by OJAS
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Strange as my computer calendar popped up with Thai Bank holiday tomorrow.  Hope it's wrong, but then yes 1 day delay.

What computer calendar is that?  Google does not list it and that is what most of us use.  

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And, as a Brit, I was initially puzzled as to why the OP was referring to a bank holiday on 7th January in the thread title!!

Day 1 Month 7 was my reading - American version goes month/day/year (don't ask why).

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

What computer calendar is that?  Google does not list it and that is what most of us use.  

Day 1 Month 7 was my reading - American version goes month/day/year (don't ask why).

Yes I listed it as a US style date, sorry if that confused some.  My Samsung calendar is what showed it, switched to Google and not on it. Clears that up.

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You would think that the natural order of ascendancy would be day, week, month, year, decade, century and millennium, however as we know Americans have strange ways in many things, they also claim to speak English. ????????

Also being American they won't understand the ironic comedy of this post ????????????

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Not so sure about that TBH. If there were automatic systems in place then why are certain transfers (like those referred to by the OP, perhaps?) actually deferred until the following Monday (assuming that it's a working day, of course) if they were, for whatever reason, scheduled for a Saturday or Sunday?

Edited by OJAS

50 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

Americans have strange ways in many things, they also claim to speak English.

We do speak English - a much improved/simple version that Hollywood taught much of the world and we all sing.  Still struggle to understand much of those islands in the rain versions.????  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mickyr55 said:

You would think that the natural order of ascendancy would be day, week, month, year, decade, century and millennium, however as we know Americans have strange ways in many things, they also claim to speak English. ????????

Also being American they won't understand the ironic comedy of this post ????????????

Comedic or sarcastic laden.  I think the latter being the American that I am.