Porting a mobile number from AIS to True

I bought a True year data package the other day, the plan was to move my number from AIS, True say the only way I can do that is have a new True sim, they can't transfer the package over so you end up with 2 True sims which is pointless so I'm going to keep the AIS sim and number. Both shop and call centre say the same.

Any way around that?

I think these 1 Year data sim packages are dependent on you accepting a new number (i.e. new sim), so I don't think there is a way to transfer the package from that new sim to another existing sim. I had the same problem when I bought a 1 year DTAC unlimited data sim.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

Why would you want to?

I just moved the other way, after 12 years of holding a contract phone and truevisions satellite TV I moved to AIS.

I found true customer service to be lacking in so many ways. Moving the number over to AIS was a doddle, they offered me a better (post pay contact) package than true, unlimited internet and free Thai TV (worth 259 at true) - soon after they removed the package, you can still pay 399 but the data is capped.

Im sure there is a reason, such a @Mutt Daeng says .. but this is typical of true, moving your number is easy, they just make everything difficult.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bojo said:

How much are they? Is it an upfront or a monthly thing??

Between 1300-1400 baht from Lazada. It's a one-off payment, no monthly top-ups. Thats unlimited data up to 10Mbps speed for 1 year with free phone calls to DTAC numbers (Max call duration 15 mins per call). I currently have one of these and it works well. Before buying, you need to determine whether you can get a strong signal from the DTAC network. Search for "DTAC Unlimited Sim" on Lazada.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I think these 1 Year data sim packages are dependent on you accepting a new number (i.e. new sim), so I don't think there is a way to transfer the package from that new sim to another existing sim. I had the same problem when I bought a 1 year DTAC unlimited data sim.

I asked them if its because its one of these deal sims, the True person reckons it's any sim, but even with the English speaking reps its difficult to get them to explain properly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, recom273 said:

Why would you want to?

I just moved the other way, after 12 years of holding a contract phone and truevisions satellite TV I moved to AIS.

I found true customer service to be lacking in so many ways. Moving the number over to AIS was a doddle, they offered me a better (post pay contact) package than true, unlimited internet and free Thai TV (worth 259 at true) - soon after they removed the package, you can still pay 399 but the data is capped.

Im sure there is a reason, such a @Mutt Daeng says .. but this is typical of true, moving your number is easy, they just make everything difficult.

Yeah already I dislike True, AIS phoned me and offered me a 150 baht monthly deal unlimited data 10mbps, which is good and a similar price to the deals on Lazada, I'll switch back to AIS next year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah already I dislike True, AIS phoned me and offered me a 150 baht monthly deal unlimited data 10mbps, which is good and a similar price to the deals on Lazada, I'll switch back to AIS next year

They offered a customer of eleven years for 250 baht. 

You 150? 1800 baht annually is actually less than for how much they sell on Lazada. So if 150 baht; it is actually an excellent offer. Most pay 200 baht per month.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

They offered a customer of eleven years for 250 baht. 

You 150? 1800 baht annually is actually less than for how much they sell on Lazada. So if 150 baht; it is actually an excellent offer. Most pay 200 baht per month.

Yes they offered me 150 baht for data or 200 with calls up to 15 mins. Even at 1800 baht they will make more money than they get when agents sell at a similar price on Lazada

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

They called you, after you cancelled or when you attempted to change numbers?

I was with them for over 12 years, I calculated I had spent over 200K with them. Long story, but when I moved they bombed me with phone calls and sms as I was on the way to the AIS shop.

When you contact true, even tho the operator knows who you are you need to enter your customer iD before you speak to an operator, I found that irritating as ..

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes they offered me 150 baht for data or 200 with calls up to 15 mins. Even at 1800 baht they will make more money than they get when agents sell at a similar price on Lazada

Indeed I have the package with calls for 200 baht, though I don't need the calling aspect. Possibly Super WiFi too; though I don't utilise that either.

So.....why did you buy the Truemove H SIM?

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

They called you, after you cancelled or when you attempted to change numbers?

I was with them for over 12 years, I calculated I had spent over 200K with them. Long story, but when I moved they bombed me with phone calls and sms as I was on the way to the AIS shop.

When you contact true, even tho the operator knows who you are you need to enter your customer iD before you speak to an operator, I found that irritating as ..

When i requested to port my number it kicked off a call from AIS and they offered me that, I'll do the same next year

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Indeed I have the package with calls for 200 baht, though I don't need the calling aspect. Possibly Super WiFi too; though I don't utilise that either.

So.....why did you buy the Truemove H SIM?

1380 baht True deal was 300mbps and 70GB a month ( i use 30-50GB a month), but disappointingly speed is 4-13mbps, but better than my previous AIS package

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

1380 baht True deal was 300mbps and 70GB a month ( i use 30-50GB a month), but disappointingly speed is 4-13mbps, but better than my previous AIS package

I always advise to buy a standard SIM and to run a speed test before choosing a 12 month deal. All those high figures are mostly pie in the sky indoors.

Either way, it's ok for you since you don't need more than the 70GB allowance.

• Like 1