Moderna booking in Bangkok

michael888

5 minutes ago, TonyBkk123 said:

hey guys... i contact a few hospitals regarding the Moderna booking... i found out that many of them say that doctor fee is not included ...when i asked how much the doctor fee , so far only got answer from 1 place that say :

"Doctor fee is approximately 1,000 - 1,500 Baht** per doctor per visit."

first of all...why do we even need a doctor to get a vaccine ?.. and why u cant say a correct number ? 1000 ? or 1500 ?
if its 1500 per jab - its 3000 baht extra on top of the 3400 baht for the vaccine...

can anyone here who already book an appointment can tell me if they ask for extra fees when the day come ?

The Thonburi Healthcare group I posted about earlier wants 2,400 baht up front for 2 shots.  They also say you will have to pay up to an additional 500 baht when you get a shot.  So that would be 3,400 baht total.  Line app  add THG and you will get messages from them.  Mostly in Thai though so you might need someone to help you.

Edited by rwill
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DineshR said:

Try this. https://www.chularat.com/vaccine/

I did register and paid 2400 for 2 shots. They said they will let me know via sms what my queue number is.

It is all in Thai so get a Thai person to help with it if you can't read Thai.

My wife signed me up at Airport #9 Hospital, one of the Chularat group.

Same deal, 2400 baht advance pay and wait for SMS.

A message acknowledging receipt of payment would be appreciated, and of registration somewhere in a qeue.

1 hour ago, rwill said:

So that would be 3,400 baht total. 

3,400 seems to be the national rate for two shots of Moderna, all inclusive.

Some are prepaying less, with the understanding that the additional amount will be paid when the vaccine is administered.

It is said that the GPO is charging hospitals 1,100 per dose, which includes all government graft handling fees.

3 hours ago, rwill said:

About an hour ago, Saturday morning, our local Bangkok Hospital called to say we sign up.  But they said we had to go to the hospital to do so.  So I guess they don't have an online signup for it.  So if you use Bangkok Hospital you might want to give them a call if you are interested.

As of this morning,  only Thais can register at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok. 

Registration will be opened for foreigners in a couple of days (when it will probably be sold out).

2 hours ago, Lorry said:

As of this morning,  only Thais can register at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok. 

Registration will be opened for foreigners in a couple of days (when it will probably be sold out).

I registered today at Bangkok Hospital in Ratchaburi.  They said they were allocated 5,000 doses.  It was packed when we arrived, took 4 hours to register and pay.  They stopped taking new registration about 90 minutes after we arrived.  I was the only farang I saw there to register.  Hopefully when they do the actual vaccinations it will be organized better.  Cost was 3,300 for 2 shots.

Edited by rwill

Myself and my wife paid for Moderna at Medpark Hospital about 6:00 pm yesterday. Process including payment took about 2 - 3 minutes each. We will both use it as top up to vaccines that we have already had at the same hospital.

Cost does not concern us. If we later find a Hospital that can provide the same or equivalent vaccine earlier then we will pay.

Went to Bumrungrad this afternoon talked to staff at the gate: Nothing right now. But registration should begin next week. If you're on their contact list you'll be notified (she was kind enough to verify I was on it) and directed to their sign-up/payment portal. They've contracted for Moderna expecting supplies in Oct.

This is a hospital with a lot of rich Thai clientele (jeez, the number of BMWs and Mercs and Porsches I saw filing in) which is good and bad.

Good: If any hospital has pull and can assure their supply then it's BumG.

Bad: Little people like me will be sent back of the line.

7 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Myself and my wife paid for Moderna at Medpark Hospital about 6:00 pm yesterday. Process including payment took about 2 - 3 minutes each. We will both use it as top up to vaccines that we have already had at the same hospital.

Cost does not concern us. If we later find a Hospital that can provide the same or equivalent vaccine earlier then we will pay.

May I ask: Did you do this on line or as walk in? And how much is the cost for a set of two jabs? Do they also accept paying for just one (booster) shot? Thanks for the info (and any additional info you might add...)

4 hours ago, watthong said:

May I ask: Did you do this on line or as walk in? And how much is the cost for a set of two jabs? Do they also accept paying for just one (booster) shot? Thanks for the info (and any additional info you might add...)

On-line on website, 3,300 THB per person for 2 jabs, not possible to pay for one jab. Registration is now closed.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, watthong said:

Could you give details regarding how to make payment after registration with Princhealth? I did register this morning with them and got a registration number and their saying will send SMS re payment "once the vaccine has arrived" - which I assumed not true. Still haven't received any SMS since the 1st one that sent over the OTP number needed for registration. Thanks,

just got a sms, can pay, (don't say how much) up to the 10th, failure to pay and they jump to the next in line.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, burner2014 said:

Again super pleasant experience and now the question is just when the Moderna vaccine will be ordered (haha) and when it will be delivered (I doubt October). Yes it's a gamble but I am okay investing that money into a possible Moderna vaccine in 2021. I understand that the vaccine can come 2022 and I may pay double,

So you paid the deposit. Do you have any confirmation how many in queue in front of you paid or like me you just wait for them to call you? When I registered I was over 600,000 in reg queue, now I paid deposit I don't know where I am in the paid queue or if they will have enough stock to honor my payment. So not as positive experience as you so far, but hopefully I am wrong.

Why do you suspect the price will double in 2022?

Yes a gamble like you say. Others might have harsher words for the governance of this.