Extending Stay On Visa Exempt Entry

I am an American in Thailand currently on a 45 day visa exempt stay and would like to extend my stay.  I am seeing a lot of conflicting information.  First, where do I need to go for this?  I have seen references to Muong Thong Thani (Counter K) and also Chaeng Watthana.  Which is the correct location?  Also, I have seen one site say the extension is for another 45 days and some saying it is 30 days?  Also, what papers do I need?  I have seen that I need a passport photo and 1900 THB.  Do I also need new COVID-19 insurance paperwork to cover either the 30 or 45 (which one?) days for the stay?  My stamp ends in 9 days.  Thank you for any information you can provide.

The 30-day regular extension of a visa exempt entry is easy to get. No insurance is necessary. The rules on where to go for extensions of tourist visa entries and visa exempt entries has been subject to change, but (as I recall) you want to go to Muang Thong Thani with 1,900 baht and a photo. I assume you are staying in a hotel. Take evidence of this just in case the hotel has not submitted a TM30 notification of your staying there.

• Thanks 1

OP, are you aware of covid extensions.

They are 60 days and you could possibly obtain that after you obtain your 'standard' 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry. That would extend your stay further if required.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the follow up report.  i will arrive soon on a visa exempt entry.  might need an extension before i do the change/convert to non O process.  i wasn't 100% sure that MTT was the place to go (over CW).  and now i know floor one for copies and floor three for counter K.

what about taxi access ?  is there a queue outside MTT ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buick said:

and now i know floor one for copies and floor three for counter K.

what about taxi access ?  is there a queue outside MTT ? 

Yes taxi queue at MTT.

I would advise doing photocopies at local internet cafe or print joint prior to going to MTT. The photocopy service there at times has long queue. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 6:38 PM, Captain Vas Deferens said:

Did they ask u for TM 30?! 

No, they did not.  I was staying at a hotel in Bangkok and wrote the name and address of the hotel on the form I filled out.  When they checked my paperwork, they asked me to add the room number at the hotel.  No other mention of address after that.