PCR test in Bangkok

highlander76

My wife needs to do a covid 19 PCR test 72 hours before her flight home in 3 weeks time, does anyone know of any medical clinics or hospitals where this can be done name and phone number please , she is based in Pathum Thani area. Any help would be great.

Check Emirate's website they had a suggested service that I used last year.
They come to your home although beware... it may scare the neighbors when they see the person in a white suit thing... 

Oddly enough last year she came in without a mask and gloves, and then put mask & gloves when she entered my place while doing the PCR test... kinda kills the logic when she could have easily gotten it with me in the elevator without the mask lol.

Have a look at this website. If you follow the link for the 2100 baht, some other lower cost options will show up.

https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-19-tests-in-thailand

From what I have seen I would go with Doctor Donna, recommended by a friend of my wife and posted by Salerno above.

You didn't say which county, but you need to make sure if the country will accept electronic documents as many say they will send the results by email. If in doubt best to collect the results.

5 hours ago, Dan747 said:

Has anyone used Dr. Donna Robinson for the subject test? Planning on going in two weeks. Hope she stays open-Thanks.

8 a.m.

Crowded. Waiting and registration room about 5m wide, but longer - I counted more than 20 people in the room. 

Long line waiting in the hall, no distancing there.

For 2800 they send you the results the same evening between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Around 8:55 I started to get nervous. Turned out, email address and one phone number on their website are not correct. That didn't reassure me. 

Results came 21:06.  "Smiley"

Next day results 2600.

Next time I would rather pay more and do it in a less crowded place. If I can find one, that is.

Edited by Lorry
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dan747 said:

Has anyone used Dr. Donna Robinson for the subject test? Planning on going in two weeks. Hope she stays open-Thanks.

PS they don't give you  hardcopy, they recommend you print it in color yourself

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 5:50 AM, Dan747 said:

Yes.

My wife and I opted for the PCR test w/ same day results. Cost: ~$75 USD per person. Booked our appointments about two weeks in advance.

Arrived at 9:00 am and we were the only two patients in the building.

In and out in ~15 minutes. Tests (nasal swabs) were quick and painless.

Received emails w/ links to printable test results (and optional FTF certificates) at 5:00 pm.

Made our flight to U.S. with no problems.

Would highly recommend Dr. Robinson's clinic.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, Dan747 said:

That is Medconsult as posted by Salerno.
I used them prior to travel.
Easy and prompt service. Well recommended.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, Dan747 said:

On 7/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, Lorry said:

PS they don't give you  hardcopy, they recommend you print it in color yourself

Thats correct. I was a bit concerned that we may need the original.
I had no problem with the copy printed from pdf. But recommend make it in color as Lorry says.

• Thanks 1

I have an appointment at 11:30 for the wife and I on Tuesday next week. Hoping Donna stays open during the BKK lockdown. Letter on Wednesday with travel on Thursday. Thanks to you "ALL" for posting, appreciate it. Take care and "BE SAFE- Happy Travels."

Dr. Donna Robinson moved to a new location for the Covid-19 testing at Sukhumvit 26, 1/2 Attha Kawi 1 Alley, Sukhumvit 26, Klongtan, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110. (next to S&P Restaurant & Bakery) at a Dance studio. Located on the second floor of the building. We were number 74 and 75 entering (at 10:33L) with a line gathering like Thai's wanting to get out of their country due to the situation. Very uneventful, took us about twenty minutes to pay, get screened-now waiting for our results tomorrow. They are taking credit cards only. We paid 2,600 baht each (Total USD $159.01) for second day results. Good Luck and Happy Travels.