Visa exempt can change to non-b?

In principle, both can be possible. Getting a job, unless a qualified teacher, would likely not be easy. Becoming a student is possible if you can afford the tuition costs and visa costs in addition to living expenses.

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

In principle, both can be possible. Getting a job, unless a qualified teacher, would likely not be easy. Becoming a student is possible if you can afford the tuition costs and visa costs in addition to living expenses.

Why do you think getting a job would'nt be easy

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What type of job. 

What are your qualifications

Any teaching gig

I have BA and MA. Not education. 4 years previous experience at 2 schools. What do you reckon? 

Would like to know if visa exempt can be transferred into any other kind of visa without leaving the country. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Vas Deferens said:

Would like to know if visa exempt can be transferred into any other kind of visa without leaving the country. 

There is forum specifically re teaching. Think you will obtain first hand info there.

Think some folk have left teaching and jobs available. 

On flip side schools currently closed and could be for some time depending on covid situation here.

Yes. I'm a teacher and just went from Covid extension to a Non-B at my new school.

Yes, new teachers when entering the country typically go from tourist/visa exempt to Non-B when they find a job, without having to leave the country.

Yes, there's still a great need for teachers, as foreigners still cannot easily enter. In the words of Edward James Olmos from Miami Vice, "Reach for the power. Teach."

You can find 40k if you look in the right places. I'd teach out in the country, as they have the greatest need, will appreciate you more, and you'll get the least hassle re visa and work permit. I wouldn't teach in or around BKK as you'll encounter the opposite.

Don't get hired through an agency. Ask your sig other/Thai friends if they know anyone who's a teacher or works at a school, to introduce you and get you in. This is the best way.

Unfortunately, your timing's a bit off as my school and many others have just returned to online teaching, due to the rising Covid cases. They'll likely be less interested in hiring since they don't need you in front of a classroom. But give it a shot. Cheers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Vas Deferens said:

Any teaching gig

I have BA and MA. Not education. 4 years previous experience at 2 schools. What do you reckon? 

Getting a job to teach English should be easy as long as you are not fussy. Make sure your school is sponsoring you for a work permit. Otherwise, you will not be able to get an extension of stay based on working. I suggest you ask further in the Teaching Forum for details, including recommendations on the best places to apply.