from thai to turkey mediteranean sea

good post and there covid rates are likely no worse than thailand with no lockdowns...  i havae always been interested in Turkey with a rich history, good food, good climate, varied geography and friendly people... perhaps i may have a look

• Like 1

Great place....some of the pics seem to be from Alanya. These veggies are just dirt cheap at 2TL.

The main problem there is that they do have winters.

Edited by gearbox

22 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

nice, can you post more pics of your condo? are you located near the center for partying?

hi found the location absolut prime  for me. because its absolut quiet ( whats not so easy  to find in the city). i  have 300 mtr to the beach. can walk trough the promenade to the city-port-centre  about 30min ,or motobike 5minutes. the promenade along the beach you can call a promenade, the beach is clean , the walkways are clean, a lot of free acitivitys.  and  many restaurants bars and beachclubs on the way.

and all infratstructure around me within 5min walk like pharmacy supermarkt rest and bars.

at the moment you can calculate for buying here qm euro 500 to 1000, its double than 3 years ago, rents are extremly cheap ,as well livingcosts . internet 50mb  only aviable,thats a little better in thai, but by far more than enough.

here some foods from markets more (20200609_143954.thumb.jpg.701649245c5a905ad58e7fdb9bbcb071.jpg

20200421_125207.jpg

20200421_125212.jpg

20200425_152811.jpg

20200421_125207.jpg

20200609_143741.jpg

IMG-20200723-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200727-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20200528-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200528-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200528-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20200528-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20200528-WA0013.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gearbox said:

The main problem there is that they do have winters.

no...just the opposite, i was thinking the same, but due to covid was staying here. average daily temprature  over 20  ,nights mostly 12-16..many days can even spend on the beach water to cold 17c.... but the mountains directly behind the city with wonderful lakes many rivers  1km away startand even ski  a little just a 30-40km drive away.

especialy the corona winter i loved here .. in the mounts some smaller rests open even no mask no <deleted>, and  to the other poster , i was alone here over the winter enjoyed it !!  bcs at the end not alone ,only when i want. 

the winter was beautiful, the best month here i find march,april,may,june and end sept until december

some pics from winter here

20200307_130535.jpg

20200330_135253.jpg

20200509_134723.jpg

20200509_124621.jpg

IMG_20210420_151705.jpg

IMG_20210420_151713.jpg

IMG_20210121_140713.jpg

20200301_152416.jpg

20200301_121458.jpg

20200615_115922.jpg

20210129_150606.jpg

20200519_135317.jpg

20200519_193442.jpg

20200630_171052.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tlandtday said:

good post and there covid rates are likely no worse than thailand with no lockdowns...  i havae always been interested in Turkey with a rich history, good food, good climate, varied geography and friendly people... perhaps i may have a look

There has been many lockdown and curfews in Turkey over the past 12 months

Anyone thinking about living there should be aware that during Covid different rules apply to Turkish citizens and residents and seperate rules apply to tourists (90 day visa)

Example

Travel and Booking accomdation

HES codes for intercity travel and lodging

Turkish citizens and residents must request a HES (Hayat Eve Sigar) Code for domestic and international flights, train and ferry travel. The HES code will also be required when checking into accommodation including hotels, motels, boarding houses, pensions, camps etc. Some provinces also require submission of a HES code upon entry to public buildings, shopping malls and banks. This does not apply to foreign tourists.

The wearing of masks is mandatory at all times outside the home throughout Turkey. This includes, but is not limited to, all public places, including streets, side streets, parks, gardens, picnic areas, markets, sea side and public transportation including Metro, buses, taxis and ferries. Masks are also mandatory in all shops, restaurants, hairdressers and barber shops.

Smoking in open areas (streets, avenues and other open public areas) is banned.

Nationwide curfews have been removed from 1 July.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/coronavirus

Before June 1st

Nationwide curfews are in place until at least 1 June as follows:

On weekdays, the curfew lasts from 9pm until 5am the following morning; and

On weekends, the curfew lasts from 9pm on Friday evening until 5am on Monday morning.

Residence Permit holders, aged under 18, or 65 and over who have had two doses of their COVID-19 vaccine, will not face any additional curfew hours. Residence Permit holders, aged 65 and over who have not had two doses of their COVID-19 vaccine, will only be allowed out between 10am and 2pm on weekdays.
During curfew hours, other than for a few exceptions, intercity travel will not be permitted by private vehicle if you are a Turkish citizen or a resident of Turkey. Travel by public transport is only possible with a travel permit, issued in exceptional circumstances including, but not limited to, attending the funeral of a family member, or travelling to hospital for medical treatment. Turkish citizens and residents can apply for travel permits through e-devlet or by calling ALO 199. These restrictions do not apply to those visiting for tourism.

So resident holders living in Turkey aged 65 and over who didn't have their 2 doses of vaccine were only allowed out between 10am and 2pm on weekdays

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:13 PM, tlandtday said:

Erdogan is a prize prik and it won't end well, I know yacht-charter couple who moved to Mexico from there about 6 years ago, it has NOT improved since.

23 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

is it allowed to have Turkish girlfriends? I know it used to be a place for easy women back in the 80s and 90s, maybe this has changed LOL

Its possible, depending on the girl, location, her parents and family  but I would say its very rare, Honor Killings do still take place in Turkey

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Its possible, depending on the girl, location, her parents and family  but I would say its very rare, Honor Killings do still take place in Turkey

Those who want to BYO will be pleased to hear that Thai citizens do not need a visa to visit Turkey, i'm not sure about the long-term status of Thai citizens there.

The "dating" scene there sounds about as happening as Portugal, which is to say, ZERO.

It's the one thing that was the deal-breaker for me in Portugal -the relentless crushing dateless existence, no amount of Vinho Verde cheap bbq seafood and decriminalized drugs can make up for that.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Haha 1

????

easy for longterm visa. short term free 1month

you are sure???? 555  , this year meet new countrys kirgistan,turkmensitan,kasachtan,uganda.....ok no soi 6 , but ......................... , good as long you know who get a girl.... (its not working like soi 6

and to the other poster

TOURIST WAS NEVER HAD RESTRICTIONS HERE. NO HES CODE FOR TOURIST, the goverment was always reliable.

Restrictions yes sure in IST and Ankara , but they never forced on the mediterianen here, in 1  1/2 year i used 2 pack a 10 of masks , just for markets and mc donald 555.  i really felt free.the only lockdown was for locals this year may, but even when i go out nobody was checking.

HES CODE iwas  done 1 time for 30 days  a year ago,was never checked ..oh sry once they want in Mc donald but my code was finished than she said even i can go in..........

it really depend on area.

i saty here so know it better, 

and people leave turkey for go to mexico, oh my goood......really not comparable

Edited by lapamita

8 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Smoking in open areas (streets, avenues and other open public areas) is banned.

yes same on the paper only..i heavy smoker dont wory could smoke anywhere, even in my closed restaurant ,where the owner was suspect to saty home bcs over 65.

by the way cigarettes here like west or winston 14try   thb 50-52

to the rest of post i leave comment, paper is paper ....like in thai 20 year ago

8 hours ago, vinny41 said:

10 hours ago, lapamita said:

????

easy for longterm visa. short term free 1month

you are sure???? 555  , this year meet new countrys kirgistan,turkmensitan,kasachtan,uganda.....ok no soi 6 , but ......................... , good as long you know who get a girl.... (its not working like soi 6

and to the other poster

TOURIST WAS NEVER HAD RESTRICTIONS HERE. NO HES CODE FOR TOURIST, the goverment was always reliable.

Restrictions yes sure in IST and Ankara , but they never forced on the mediterianen here, in 1  1/2 year i used 2 pack a 10 of masks , just for markets and mc donald 555.  i really felt free.the only lockdown was for locals this year may, but even when i go out nobody was checking.

HES CODE iwas  done 1 time for 30 days  a year ago,was never checked ..oh sry once they want in Mc donald but my code was finished than she said even i can go in..........

it really depend on area.

i saty here so know it better, 

and people leave turkey for go to mexico, oh my goood......really not comparable

Fine for the woman who refuses to wear a mask in Amasya

https://www.sabah.com.tr/video/yasam/amasyada-maske-takmamakta-direnen-kadina-para-cezasi

My previous post does clearly state that HES codes is for Turkish citizens and residents only and doesn't apply to anyone on a short-term visa

As for property prices you would expect them to increase since 2018 as  Inflation as increased by approx 65% since 2018

Watch out for the super property tax coming in 2022 some people reporting tax increases ranging from from 100% to 350%.”

In May of this year there was 1776 property sales to foreigners

House sales by nationalities in country detail for top 20, May 2021

Most house sales were made to Iraq citizens according to country nationalities

In May, Iraq citizens bought 239 houses from Turkey. The followers of Iraq citizens were Iran with 231 house sales, Russia with 119, Afghanistan with 98 and Germany citizens with 87 house sales.

https://data.tuik.gov.tr/Bulten/Index?p=House-Sales-Statistics-May-2021-37469&dil=2

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

As for property prices you would expect them to increase since 2018 as  Inflation as increased by approx 65% since 2018

Watch out for the super property tax coming in 2022 some people reporting tax increases ranging from from 100% to 350%.”

i give it off.so the last post.

property prices increased from the lw of the finincal crisis 18-19, by 100% in HARD currency or 400% in LOCAL CURRENCY THIS APPLY FOR THE MEDITERANEAN SEA.. Property sales increased first 3 month 2021 by 400% , heavy transaction volumes at the mediteranean...and just to tell, istanbul still relativly cheap, the cheapest city for property in the world, is worth a watch!! still hanging a massive oversupply , but beautiful prosperus city , and even there future prices will significant increase. at the mediteranean  dont know, bcs already was seen heavy price increase.in since than construction acivity picks up heavy.

turkey managed even the crisis good,  the financial and even at this time the double schock  financial and corona. 2020 ended with a growth and 2021  just IMF increased thei growth prediction  to 5.5% growth.

but same problem here like elsewhere, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

so its only more than fair..........................that

the tax increase hopefully comming, bcs  property price tax at local goverment here  ( yearly tax) is  calculated only at a fraction of the real value.

i would go even more far ,and make a flat tax speculation tax on propertys holding up to 5 years, like in thailand directly charged at point of transaction.  bcs nearly all transactions are fraud at phantasie prices.

Health insurance Turkey

i was living in thailand over 25 years, and the expririence with private health insurance not good, bcs of yearly price increases,much over inflation.last year , i called insurance for temporary suspend my contract for a waiver fee ( i was realy think they do it at 25% or 20000 thb), no way they want full charge , even i cant come to thailand. and told me direct if i come back to insurance  i have again 2 yr waiting period.

wonderful for a client always pay and never had any claim.

i payed 75.000 THB. for a limited insurance age 50-55 ,the limit never increase until death ,only the premiums.

here in turkey LOCAL insurances valid for turkey are extremly cheap , at this age premium withe same coverage  or  simmilar coverage , are coasting btw 150 and 500 euro yearly base , yes like in thai 20 years ago. hospitals are good, but yes i like more the thai hospitals. but from competance they are equal.

GSK

you have even the chance to go to the social security system as a private member, what is for familys more than convinient or for married couples.

the premium is 85 euro 850try per month what cover all, without exception opd and ipd, and even rehas, whats not included in any thai contract

and if you from  some european countrys, later if  you wish talking residence this insurance is valid in div countrys, as well full payments at any hospital or doctor  for the time you stay there.  so you can go for OP in many countrys up to you , coverd by gsk.

thats an option you dont have in thailand

Edited by lapamita

2 hours ago, lapamita said:

i give it off.so the last post.

property prices increased from the lw of the finincal crisis 18-19, by 100% in HARD currency or 400% in LOCAL CURRENCY THIS APPLY FOR THE MEDITERANEAN SEA.. Property sales increased first 3 month 2021 by 400% , heavy transaction volumes at the mediteranean...and just to tell, istanbul still relativly cheap, the cheapest city for property in the world, is worth a watch!! still hanging a massive oversupply , but beautiful prosperus city , and even there future prices will significant increase. at the mediteranean  dont know, bcs already was seen heavy price increase.in since than construction acivity picks up heavy.

turkey managed even the crisis good,  the financial and even at this time the double schock  financial and corona. 2020 ended with a growth and 2021  just IMF increased thei growth prediction  to 5.5% growth.

but same problem here like elsewhere, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

so its only more than fair..........................that

the tax increase hopefully comming, bcs  property price tax at local goverment here  ( yearly tax) is  calculated only at a fraction of the real value.

i would go even more far ,and make a flat tax speculation tax on propertys holding up to 5 years, like in thailand directly charged at point of transaction.  bcs nearly all transactions are fraud at phantasie prices.

Your property prices and sales figures don't match the offical sales figures released by the Turkish Goverment web portal agency TUIK maybe that's why you haven;'t provide a single link to support your claims

As for sales 1st 3 months of 2021

In Turkey, house sales decreased by 37.9% in January 2021 compared to the same month of the previous year
In Turkey, house sales decreased by 31.6% in February 2021 compared to the same month of the previous year 
In Turkey, house sales increased by 2.4% in March 2021 compared to the same month of the previous year

https://data.tuik.gov.tr/Kategori/GetKategori?p=insaat-ve-konut-116&dil=2

Knight Frank published property values from around the globe

It was Turkey, however, that led all countries for the fifth straight quarter. Heavy-handed interventions by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to keep interest rates low have caused citizens to flee the Turkish lira for the safety of hard assets. Half of the country's 32% gain in housing prices stemmed from baseline inflation effects, according to Knight Frank.

https://fortune.com/2021/06/03/global-real-estate-markets-highest-house-prices-where-to-buy-sell/

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Your property prices and sales figures don't match the offical sales figuresdont worry be happy...just google   turkey apartment sales news

lokk google , google right  antalya property sales news or turkey property sales news  .............and everybody can think by them self

just one new one

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/economy/turkish-housing-market-grows-in-may-as-foreign-buyers-pour-in

thats like people never here or never in thai,and know the market , but  whatever i would be happy if cheaper bcs like want invest more........... but thats not the fact

fact fair priced propertys doubled since 2018 , new projects whats always expensive even increased 50% in usd, and all bargains of the markets....

and like i sayed in earlyer post istanbul has less increase and is still very attratcive, the cheapest metropole  i know with high standrads and very safe

dont belive up to you

1.hcp

Edited by lapamita

1 hour ago, lapamita said:

lokk google , google right  antalya property sales news or turkey property sales news  .............and everybody can think by them self

just one new one

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/economy/turkish-housing-market-grows-in-may-as-foreign-buyers-pour-in

thats like people never here or never in thai,and know the market , but  whatever i would be happy if cheaper bcs like want invest more........... but thats not the fact

fact fair priced propertys doubled since 2018 , new projects whats always expensive even increased 50% in usd, and all bargains of the markets....

and like i sayed in earlyer post istanbul has less increase and is still very attratcive, the cheapest metropole  i know with high standrads and very safe

dont belive up to you

1.hcp 771.03 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the Link , Yes I know Alanya very well, about 15-20 years ago was known as Little Germany and then around 2014 become known as Little Norway now known as Little Russia.

I see the sabah confirms the price increase

Half of the country's 32% gain in housing prices stemmed from baseline inflation effects, according to Knight Frank.

so it reality property prices have risen by approx 16% once you remove inflation.

I see also sabah confirms the curfew and lockdowns that were in place this year

Turkey imposed curfews, weekend lockdowns and restaurant closures in December. Some of the restrictions were eased in March before a full lockdown was reimposed at the end of April due to surging COVID-19 cases. The country has been gradually easing measures since mid-May.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Thanks for the Link , Yes I know Alanya very well, about 15-20 years ago was known as Little Germany and then around 2014 become known as Little Norway now known as Little Russia.

I see the sabah confirms the price increase

Half of the country's 32% gain in housing prices stemmed from baseline inflation effects, according to Knight Frank.

so it reality property prices have risen by approx 16% once you remove inflation.

I see also sabah confirms the curfew and lockdowns that were in place this year

Turkey imposed curfews, weekend lockdowns and restaurant closures in December. Some of the restrictions were eased in March before a full lockdown was reimposed at the end of April due to surging COVID-19 cases. The country has been gradually easing measures since mid-May.

I think he mentioned Antalya, not Alanya.

On 7/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, lapamita said:

no...just the opposite, i was thinking the same, but due to covid was staying here. average daily temprature  over 20  ,nights mostly 12-16..many days can even spend on the beach water to cold 17c.... but the mountains directly behind the city with wonderful lakes many rivers  1km away startand even ski  a little just a 30-40km drive away.

especialy the corona winter i loved here .. in the mounts some smaller rests open even no mask no <deleted>, and  to the other poster , i was alone here over the winter enjoyed it !!  bcs at the end not alone ,only when i want. 

the winter was beautiful, the best month here i find march,april,may,june and end sept until december

some pics from winter here

20200307_130535.jpg

20200330_135253.jpg

20200509_134723.jpg

20200509_124621.jpg

IMG_20210420_151705.jpg

IMG_20210420_151713.jpg

IMG_20210121_140713.jpg

20200301_152416.jpg

20200301_121458.jpg

20200615_115922.jpg

20210129_150606.jpg

20200519_135317.jpg

20200519_193442.jpg

20200630_171052.jpg

beautiful

• Like 1

2018 was the bottom of the property crisis , from 2017  they was fallen a lot, from the bottom 2018 until today prices increase in usd or euro by 50 to 100% depending on area.  still its not expensive.

but here for all turkey  local currency  ( mai 2020  aprox 9.50   as of today 10   so no fluctration in currency)

Turnover Indices, May 2021

Total turnover increased by 78.4% on annual basis

Construction Cost Index, May 2021

Construction cost index increased by 39.56% annually and increased by 4.41% monthly

for investement still very attractiv is istanbul,bcs prices lack behind due to massiv supply and low rental rates, and its a very attractive city ,think the cheapest when compare quality infrastructure and safety. only need to look at area carefully( near metro,mamaris or water locations)

for the meditareanen citys prices increase much more, bcs of very high demand , even from locals from big citys. i would say at moment fairly priced ,and not cheap anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

just a small update from here

bad wildfires surrounding antalya , a report from turkey (turk language)

a lot of arsen , normaly head up for those.............

and what followed all barbecue places are closed  now for public, same anywhere arsholes making the problem , the public pay the price ,doesnt matter politics or bad persons.

where we stay its a dream, most tourists stay at the beaches, yes nice but so hot, but the more hidden places in the mountains are a dream ,cool and fresh water swimming with 1000s of trouts and aales and other

prices are so moderate, if you go to any of those natural waterparks you pay no entrance fee , if you eat and drink there , but thats so cheap, all products are fresh ( fresh orangejuice 1,50 usd, tea 0,5usd,fresh barbecuetrout 5 usd )

or you pay 10 usd  for 4 people and use their barbecues, coal,plates and glasses and other and bring your own food and drinks.  s shirty beachchair in spain or italy cost more.................

and bad people bring this paradies to fall , yes head off. its costing not only lives its the homes the animales the natural beauty and the exconomic lifes of 1000s of people

here some nice update pics , not from the  area of fire,its more than beautiful

if youre fed up in thai , take your GF enjoy here , no visa requiered. apartemnt cheap here, even i have one f rent w pool,sauna ,gym and sports , city and beach f walking dist ,clean and quiet

IMG-20210730-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20210730-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20210803-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20210803-WA0016.jpg

20200425_152820_002.jpg

20200605_195108.jpg

20200615_144711.jpg

20200629_145614.jpg

20200731_134925.jpg