Beware Immigration Retirement Extension

livram

Been doing retirement extension for 26 years from same residence which would be also be over 100 90 day reports and this is first time I have been asked for TM30 and/or fine. So this is really a fine for my daughter and not me, is that correct? Sounds like a nice money maker to me.

Well, I have a whole year to figure this out and it seems some things were lost in translation yesterday.

So I will ask here, Is a yellow book and/or a pink card proof of residence for immigration's sake? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, livram said:

Volunteers spoke with my daughter and not to me so I don't know exactly what was said. I think I will spend my time at the local amphur and try to get a yellow book and/or pink card.

Thanks everybody for the info, I am still confused as to why after 26 years a TM30 is now required.

Confused? It's just another mystery of the Orient. Or maybe just Thailand. It keeps you on your toes.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, livram said:

Been doing retirement extension for 26 years from same residence which would be also be over 100 90 day reports and this is first time I have been asked for TM30 and/or fine. So this is really a fine for my daughter and not me, is that correct? Sounds like a nice money maker to me.

Well, I have a whole year to figure this out and it seems some things were lost in translation yesterday.

So I will ask here, Is a yellow book and/or a pink card proof of residence for immigration's sake? 

No not in my experience.

Are there any I.O. that do not supply a list of what is required for extensions ? Mine used to have it only in Thai, until about four years ago, I asked how many Thais make this visa/extension ? one month later it was in english too, now their updated version is in english too. So sometimes you can make a difference. I follow their list to the letter and have never had a problem since.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, livram said:

All that needs to be done is have your wife file a TM30 no big deal

• Like 2

Sometimes it is just the volunteers doing everything by the book. I always try to avoid them (if I can) as they often seem to ask for something, or pose problems, that are really non-issues.

• Like 2

I go to Korat immigration also. There is a slip of paper stapled into my passport. It is titled 'RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION' This was torn from the lower part of the notification of address, presumably the TM 30. You should have one of those in your passport, if not then that may be the source of your problem.

Just to be clear I am NOT referring to the 'RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION' stapled into the passport when doing a 90 day report. I have both. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be but they may still want signed copies of you daughters house book and ID.

It seems the volunteers were at fault for saying you did not have proof of residence. That was referring to a receipt for a TM30 form not proof of residence.

To be safe you could have your daughters to complete a TM30 form and have it ready next time. 

Download: TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence101.92 kB · 1239 downloads

I have never been asked for a TM30 report and of course no receipt for one in my passport.

CM last month while applying for retirement extension had me get a stamped version as they would not process with my online confirmation. 

Two years ago, after living in the same house 28 years, we did the first and only TM30 first tried on line but did not get a receipt so mailed with EMS tracking and keep a copy of the form and envelop just in case. A few weeks late went CW for retirement Ex of stay.  At the paper work checking area was ask where was the TM 30, Show them the Screen shot of sending it and the EMS with copies of form. Not good enough sent over to F counter called in short time, show them the same items as before Lady fillies out TM 30 receipt no charge sorry they mistake. Back line for renewal of stay, show the new TM 30 ok renewed and gone. Got Home and in the mail box TM 30 from the one we mailed 2 weeks before.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

I go to Korat immigration also. There is a slip of paper stapled into my passport. It is titled 'RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION' This was torn from the lower part of the notification of address, presumably the TM 30. You should have one of those in your passport, if not then that may be the source of your problem.

Just to be clear I am NOT referring to the 'RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION' stapled into the passport when doing a 90 day report. I have both. 

The only thing stapled into my passport is TM6 Departure Card and Receipt of Notification re: 90 day report. As I wrote this is the first time on 26 years that I have been asked of TM30.

I guess I have entire year to worry about it, I would rather go for root canal surgery than go to immigration for a retirement extension.  But the idea of sending TM30 for by Thai Post EMS sounds like a decent choice.

Thank you everybody for the replies. Apologize for slowness in posting reply.

Guest Miguel Delrio

Currently preparing the paperwork for retirement visa and the list I have in re Residence requirements is:

1. House Blue book and copy

2. Copy of house owner's Thai ID card

3. Map to the house signed by both

The Thai owner will go with me to Immigration.

What do you think of this? And what is the difference between a yellow book and a blue book? Thanks for any help

19 hours ago, Miguel Delrio said:

Currently preparing the paperwork for retirement visa and the list I have in re Residence requirements is:

What do you think of this? And what is the difference between a yellow book and a blue book? Thanks for any help

I am not an expert but I understand that a yellow book is only issued to farangs and serves the same purpose as a blue tian ban book. A farang cannot be listed in the blue tian ban book.

The paperwork you have should be fine for proof of residence but some IO require a copy of a completed TM30.  Depends on the IO. I went 26 years with a TM30 but now Korat Imm thinks it is necessary.

Guest Miguel Delrio

Thanks livram. I have never had a yellow book. Owner and I live together. House in his name. It looks like I should have the TM30 completed just in case.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

It seems that they wanted a TM30 form be submitted not a COR. The 800 baht is a fine for doing it late.

I was charged B1000 in CM a few years ago. 2018. I had left to explore alternative retirement locations, and let my extensions lapse, so it was back to Go. The typically annoying thing was that up until then CM never bothered with TM30, I guess a new chief, or directive, and suddenly, everyone, who had never had to do a TM30 since leaving the hotel they stayed in on arrival, was being caught and fined, it now seems with a little extra sweetener. The receipt for the fine = B1000.. I guess YMMV and business as usual...

16 minutes ago, Miguel Delrio said:

Thanks livram. I have never had a yellow book. Owner and I live together. House in his name. It looks like I should have the TM30 completed just in case.

Here is a list of required documents that I copied off this forum a few years back. It has previously worked for me for the past several years except for the TM30 problem this year.  I use Korat IO and this list is for Jomtiem, also last year they required 3 additional forms that cannot be downloaded yet. One declares you know of the penalties for overstay, etc. Another requests you bank name, a/c number, balance, how much you make a year etc. I forget third document.

TM7 - filled out, signed and with your phone number added below signature. Print it out on both sides of a single sheet of paper, not on two sheets of paper.

4 x 6 cm recent photo (they'll reject it if it's the same photo you used last year)

Baht 1900

Passport

TIAN BAN AND JR ID CARD

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

all prior extension stamps

original visa you used to enter the country and entry stamp

departure card (TM 6)

All photocopies need to be signed to show you are claiming they are true copies.

Original letter from your bank manager if you are using bank balance as part of your proof of finances. Usually the letter should be issued the day of your application or the day before ... depends on which office you use as to how "fresh" they want it.

Bank book photocopies ... past three months at least and balance shown should be EXACTLY equal to what is shown on manager's letter.

Some proof of your address ... they want this from some people, but I've never been asked for it at Jomtien. Different offices have different views on this.

Guest Miguel Delrio

Very helpful livram!! I am working on it and your list helps with some details of which I was unaware . . .printing the TM7 on a single page for example. Thanks so much!!

On 7/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Miguel Delrio said:

The House Blue book is not proof of your address. The Blue book is only for Thais. Yellow house book and pink ID cards are also not accepted.

The only thing immigration (in Phuket) will accept as proof of address is the CoR.

Guest Miguel Delrio

So having the house owner's ID card and, in fact, the house owner himself with me when I apply wont count?

So how does one get a Certificate of Residence then?

Am I correct in concluding that each Immigration office has its own interpretations of what is required? ( Yes, TIT the answer is probably yes) In that case, who has specific knowledge of the Tha yang Immigration office. I may have to drop in and ask.

19 minutes ago, Miguel Delrio said:

So having the house owner's ID card and, in fact, the house owner himself with me when I apply wont count?

So how does one get a Certificate of Residence then?

Am I correct in concluding that each Immigration office has its own interpretations of what is required? ( Yes, TIT the answer is probably yes) In that case, who has specific knowledge of the Tha yang Immigration office. I may have to drop in and ask.

The normal requirement, if any, is a lease or TM30 receipt (owner filed your presence with immigration as a foreigner).

You don't need a copy of the house book, a copy of the landlords Id card, a copy of the rental agreement for future retirement extensions. The Confirmation of Residence you get after having a TM30 filed for you is all immigration is interested in seeing and it is stapled by them into your passport.

This is an improvement for you and for immigration, both of you will have less paper to handle.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, livram said:

Bank book photocopies ... past three months at least and balance shown should be EXACTLY equal to what is shown on manager's letter.

Last extension (April 2021) I copied the bank book pages back to 2018, no good must have all the pages in the book, i.e. back to 2014 (don't use this account much mainly for immigration purposes).

Also needed was a bank statement of account along with the "Ownership" letter, copies of the bank book are not acceptable as they may contain consolidated entries and therefore might hide balances that may have gone under, but you must still give copies of the bank book.

The bank statement is not on their standard list of required documents, the bank book copies are.

Recently a friend went at the end of the week to check on required paperwork, went the following week, guess what, new boss new requirements.