Construction worker from Covid cluster slept in his car for six days after relatives told him to go away

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture Daily News

The police in Ban Chang in Rayong received a report of someone who may have Covid-19 sleeping in a car on the Buraphaphat Bypass. 

He turned out to be a 35 year old Ban Chang man who had been in a cluster of people who tested positive for the virus at a building site in the Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate.

He had fled the camp and gone home to his relatives but they feared Covid and told him he couldn't stay with them. 

So he slept in his car for the next six days.

Daily News reported that he ate in his car and use the toilet facilities at gas stations. 

He has now been tested for the virus and is in provincial quarantine facilities. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-08

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He had fled the camp and gone home to his relatives but they feared Covid and told him he couldn't stay with them.

Not the only case like this I'm sure... even Thais are getting scared of this wave.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

I wouldn't want to talk with my family anymore if I was this poor guy.

Normal parents would send him to do a quick test and welcome him home. But yeah no wonders after all the brainwashing from TV.

Normal people should quarantine after coming from a red zone.  Not just assume there COVID-19 free and risk infecting others. 

Unfortunately this is playing out in Thailand creating uncontrollable cluster <deleted>** of the virus.

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Normal people should quarantine after coming from a red zone.  Not just assume there COVID-19 free and risk infecting others. 

Unfortunately this is playing out in Thailand creating uncontrollable cluster <deleted>** of the virus.

In the article there is no mention of where home is, he worked in a red zone and was arrested in a red zone... did he really drive all the way home (where ever that is) get turned away by family and drive all the way back to the red zone just to sleep in his car ?

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

did he really drive all the way home (where ever that is) get turned away by family and drive all the way back to the red zone just to sleep in his car ?

And, if he did, how many other people came into contact with him on his travels?

22 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

If home was Rayong does it really matter ?

In the post to which I was responding you stated:-

"did he really drive all the way home (where ever that is)"

So kindly explain to me on what basis you have concluded "(where ever that is)" to equate to "Rayong" in his case, and provide me with a suitable link to support your conclusion if you can.

He could easily have driven all the way to and back from Isaan for all I know, based on what was stated in the OP (or more to the point, not). But I am taking it that you, with your doubtless far superior wisdom and extrasensory perception to mine know otherwise. I am looking forward to your sharing with me what I need to do in order to acquire these sterling qualities, which are clearly standing you in good stead in life. 

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, OJAS said:

In the post to which I was responding you stated:-

"did he really drive all the way home (where ever that is)"

So kindly explain to me on what basis you have concluded "(where ever that is)" to equate to "Rayong" in his case, and provide me with a suitable link to support your conclusion if you can.

He could easily have driven all the way to and back from Isaan for all I know, based on what was stated in the OP (or more to the point, not). But I am taking it that you, with your doubtless far superior wisdom and extrasensory perception to mine know otherwise. I am looking forward to your sharing with me what I need to do in order to acquire these sterling qualities, which are clearly standing you in good stead in life. 

1. He worked in Rayong.

2. he was sleeping in his car in Rayong.

3. Home is where ?

4. If home is Isaan, makes no sense he drove back to Rayong.

5. ???

6. Profit !!

On 7/9/2021 at 7:05 AM, Ralf001 said:

In the article there is no mention of where home is, he worked in a red zone and was arrested in a red zone... did he really drive all the way home (where ever that is) get turned away by family and drive all the way back to the red zone just to sleep in his car ?

He was from a construction camp in Bangkok.

Bangkok is a red zone.

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

If home is Isaan, makes no sense he drove back to Rayong.

Would have made perfect sense, I think, if, having driven all the way to Isaan only to be rejected by his family there, he had nowhere else to go to (and no-one else to turn to).

I can also vouch on the basis of personal experience that, in the case of several tourism-related construction projects undertaken over recent years in my neck of the woods in Rayong Province, the construction companies have usually sourced their labourers from N and NE Thailand and put them up in totally unsatisfactory communal accommodation huts made of metallic corrugated panels knocked together and supported by wooden beams. In fact we had to tolerate the sight of 3 such eyesores which were just over the road from where we live for a considerable period of time!

Had his family hailed from Rayong, don't you seriously think that he would much have preferred to have stayed with them rather than in a squalid hut provided by his employers? The statement in the OP that "he had fled the camp* and gone home to his relatives but they feared Covid and told him he couldn't stay with them" implies to me that he hadn't seen his family for some time, in which case, it strikes me as highly unlikely for them to be located virtually right on his doorstep in Rayong Province!

*Which in all probability consisted of squalid huts of the sort I have already referred to.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

He was from a construction camp in Bangkok.

Bangkok is a red zone.

According to the OP he was working on a building site in the Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate, which is located to the west of Rayong City.

Edited by OJAS

22 minutes ago, OJAS said:

According to the OP he was working on a building site in the Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate, which is located to the west of Rayong City.

My mistake.  

They mentioned he was from a COVID-19 cluster. I assumed Bangkok.

The main point was he should isolate before visiting family in case he has the virus.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 12:12 AM, kaneko86 said:

But yeah no wonders after all the brainwashing from TV.

TV companies here appear to be taking their scaremongering lead from UK Remainers! Project Fear, Thailand-style!!